Blair- Night Life

i know i,m a bit out of the loop these days and my knowledge of whats hot and whats not may be a little flawed, but just noticed in that box thing on the right of the soul source page a 12" copy of the above said "disco classic" going for about 200 quid, please can someone explain !

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest SteveJohnston

Braney "blair" Perry's1978 track is one that i've long to find at a boot sale! I'll put up with playing this from the "more soul selections" LP from Hubbub Records from 1996 until one turns up plus with MSS you get to listen to Vernon Burch "lovely lady" Bobby Wilson "here is where the love is" Donna McGee "you should have told me" & the brill Jonny Chingas "phone home" :thumbsup:

Social source share

LP also goes for well over £100, and has done for a while.

Does it really Dave :thumbsup: ...I think my mate struggled to sell his copy last year,maybe it wasn`t in good nick :thumbsup:

I always like this tune back in the 80`s,in fact i still like it now,might be a tad too disco for some bods on here :thumbsup:

Social source share

I was at a record fair and all the records were priced quite cheaply and had '1', '2', 5', etc on them, then I came to a mint 12" of this and it had '50' on it. I was interested in the record and pulled out a few other bits as well and was chatting to the guy a little and picked the blair 12" up and said 'I'd quite like this really...' to which he replied...

'that's 50 pence then please' :hatsoff2:

So I obviously paid him for it immediately, he wrote the sale in a notepad with the price and I strolled off to the next stall.

I then overheard him saying to someone else who was trying to barter with him about how they were his mates records and his mate had gone to get a sandwich and would be back soon so he could talk to him then about a deal.

About 10 mins later i'm on the other side of the room just about to walk out, and I glanced over to where he was in the corner and I could see some red-faced bloke with a notepad in his hand, waving it around then holding his head in his hands whilst appearing to be shouting at the guy i'd bought the record off... :rolleyes: which led me to a moral decision... do I go and hand the record back...

what would you have done? :thumbsup:

Sutty

Social source share

I was at a record fair and all the records were priced quite cheaply and had '1', '2', 5', etc on them, then I came to a mint 12" of this and it had '50' on it. I was interested in the record and pulled out a few other bits as well and was chatting to the guy a little and picked the blair 12" up and said 'I'd quite like this really...' to which he replied...

'that's 50 pence then please' :hatsoff2:

So I obviously paid him for it immediately, he wrote the sale in a notepad with the price and I strolled off to the next stall.

I then overheard him saying to someone else who was trying to barter with him about how they were his mates records and his mate had gone to get a sandwich and would be back soon so he could talk to him then about a deal.

About 10 mins later i'm on the other side of the room just about to walk out, and I glanced over to where he was in the corner and I could see some red-faced bloke with a notepad in his hand, waving it around then holding his head in his hands whilst appearing to be shouting at the guy i'd bought the record off... :rolleyes: which led me to a moral decision... do I go and hand the record back...

what would you have done? :thumbsup:

Sutty

Hit myself over the head with a mallet for buying such rubbish in the first place...

(and then probably left them to it - their mistake, not yours)

Social source share

'that's 50 pence then please' thumbup.gif

About 10 mins later i'm on the other side of the room just about to walk out, and I glanced over to where he was in the corner and I could see some red-faced bloke with a notepad in his hand, waving it around then holding his head in his hands whilst appearing to be shouting at the guy i'd bought the record off... ranting_1.gif which led me to a moral decision... do I go and hand the record back...

what would you have done? :boxing:

Sutty

Well, what did YOU do, Paul???? We´re dying to find out...lol...

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert