Across The Board Nights

Guest Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

been reading some playlists from so called Across The Board nights, is an ATB night just an oldies event with a few 70s 80s and the odd modern tune chucked in for good measure ?? dont often see rare and underplayed, bigggies or current indemand tunes etc etc getting played much if at all , so if its an ATB night then surely it should be covering every single genre that comes under the "Northern Soul" umbrella or am i on my own and just dont get it :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 72
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Yes, across the board nights are across the board oldies nights. Every time I see the phrase 'across the board' now I just think oldies.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Yes, across the board nights are across the board oldies nights. Every time I see the phrase 'across the board' now I just think oldies.

me thinks that way too now Matt :)

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Bearsy for someone whos not been on the scene for that long your assessment of most things is spot on and you've nailed it here mate :) Can of worms though :D

glad its not just me then Steve :D it shouldnt be a can of worms really Steve but it could come under the trades description act :no:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

in scotland , ATB means the opposite ... all crossover,70's and modern with little 60's (or that's how it was when i still went to them)

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

in scotland , ATB means the opposite ... all crossover,70's and modern with little 60's (or that's how it was when i still went to them)

in evernish proportion Dave ??

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

But are they all 60s, 70s, modern and crossover oldies or rarely played quality and back of the box stuff?

Btw your photographs are fantastic. :)

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

what do peeps think about ATB nights and if each dj should play a bit of everything or didfferent djs playing spots of say just 60s or just 70/80s etc etc ??

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

But are they all 60s, 70s, modern and crossover oldies or rarely played quality and back of the box stuff?

Btw your photographs are fantastic. :)

from what i remember there was a lways a good proportion of underplayed stuff :D

and thank you for your kind comment about the pics

Social source share

Used to call our night cross the board as we played oldies, newies, rnb, crossover, motown, mainly underplayed, but like most things on this scene folk generalise or look to deeply into it. Personally dont give a fiddlers how its promoted or what the flyer (if there is one) looks like,....attendees, djs and when poss playlists tell it all

Social source share

Depends who is on doesn't it :thumbsup:

Personally, I'd expect to hear / play:

- quality oldies

- bit of crossover

- rare things and the odd semi known

- bit of rnb / grittier stuff

Hear what you're saying though folks and have been bored sh*tless countless times

Social source share

it used to mean to me that albrighton/newbury vibe similar to what Davie says

mainly 70s+ but not excluding 60s

though seen on here over last 10+ years its been picked up and used by other promoters so that the original use has long gone

suppose can't blame promoters using it as it is an ideal term as it provides a sort of bullet proof catch all shield if there are any complaints about the music

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Used to call our night cross the board as we played oldies, newies, rnb, crossover, motown, mainly underplayed, but like most things on this scene folk generalise or look to deeply into it. Personally dont give a fiddlers how its promoted or what the flyer (if there is one) looks like,....attendees, djs and when poss playlists tell it all

I care how it's promoted and what's on the flyer. There's nothing worse than turning up to a night advertised as one thing that turns out to be another. I've been to too many so-called across the board nights expecting to hear something new to my ears but to just end up hearing oldies all night.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

To me the phrase came into use to describe events which played music from the 60's and other decades. As it came about in an era when there was a clear demarcation between the 3 scenes, handbag, nostalgia/oldies, and the true northern/rare soul scene ( which stuck to the original ethos of constantly trying to find fresh ( whether they be newies and recent discoveries, or fresh because it's something we haven't heard for many a year) tunes to keep people coming back for more.

At Albrighton they tried doing it several ways. One way was to alternate DJ's with a predominantly 60's DJ, and then follow them with a mainly 70's or x-over or New release Soul DJ, and do this throughout the nite ( but to be fair no one stood at the side of the stage with a shotgun in case you strayed from your appointed path)

Another version was tried where each DJ was to try to fit plays from several styles/ decades into her/his set. Of course this makes it difficult to book certain DJ's who only play one style or decade.

No one was ever told they couldn't play Oldies, but let's be honest here, it was never gonna do your credibility any good if you did play more than the odd one or two, and then only if it was neccessary to make your sets flow, or to break a specific newie on the back of a similar Oldie, or some other reason. This era was when DJ'ing moved forward with a leap and competition for places made for more adventurous DJ's and playlists.

Like everything, people (who often were not around on the scene when it started) take something they don't understand and then co-opt it to suit their own ends, hence the current use, which a great number of people are unhappy about. It's the same as when fools think the term Rare Soul applies to Top 500 Oldies which are rare by quantity. They are not Rare Soul because they cost a lot of money, or there's only a handful of copies. Job Opening is a (fantastic) Classic Oldie, it's not Rare Soul.

Rare Soul is a sound which encompasses many styles, 60's Newies, 70's, 80's, X-Over, Beat Ballads, Latin Flavoured,etc, ( we half-jokingly use the phrase, "would it have been played at Stafford" ) but it's often easier for most to say what it isn't, which is Classic Oldies, irrespective of whether it's a 3 known copies 45, or not. So you might ask what distinguishes Rare Soul from Across The Board? imho only the playing of new releases which happened at ATB events ( although they did play new releases back at Stafford - but they were 80's new releases :thumbsup:

Social source share

They basically mean oldies with 70's Northern and the odd Angie Stone or summat like.

Most promoters who use it should be taken to task under the trades description act!! unless of course they play everything from 60's right through the decades, and not just a few non 60's.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I care how it's promoted and what's on the flyer. There's nothing worse than turning up to a night advertised as one thing that turns out to be another. I've been to too many so-called across the board nights expecting to hear something new to my ears but to just end up hearing oldies all night.

couldnt agree more Matt and thats part of the point of posting this thread up, i love a bit of everything but more often the not ATB nights are just Oldies nights in disguise :thumbsup:

there is a thought, if peeps couldnt give a fook what a night is advertised as you can advertise is as an ATB oldies night and play completely rare and underplayed to a full venue cos after all its 99% all rare and underplayed to the masses that dont know :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

They basically mean oldies with 70's Northern and the odd Angie Stone or summat like.

Most promoters who use it should be taken to task under the trades description act!! unless of course they play everything from 60's right through the decades, and not just a few non 60's.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

i would really like to hear djs playing that could mix up an hours set with a bit of everything which would be skillful and interesting instead of an hour of 60s and then an hour of modern etc etc :thumbsup:

Social source share

Somewhere back in the mists of time - probably in an early edition of Soulful Kinda Music - I wrote an article called something like "The Trades Description of Northern Soul".

My idea then, as now, was that all flyers & adverts should be an accurate description of what type of nite® it's gonna be. To simply say 'oh just look at the DJ's names' isn't enough, as many DJ's can play more than one style ( one of my all time favourite sets in a lifetime of listening to this music of ours was when Butch came to Albrighton one nite and played a complete set of Crossover, blew everybody away, chin strokers included. So if I can use No. 1 as an example then that destroys that arguement)

I never know if I'm lucky or unlucky because I like virtually all styles & types of N/S (with one notable exception) but even I want to know what I'm going to. My usual dominating choice leads me to rare soul events, but maybe once or twice a year I fancy a good dose of Classic Oldies, but too often the nights described as such are not what they claim, but are handbag nights with 70's disco night club hits sitting alongside pop chart Tamla Motown, so the problem works up as well as down. The best idea is to ask folk who go to a venue regularly or as somebody said look at playlists, but not everybody has the time to ' do their homework'.

so put me down for a tick in the Flyers/Ad's should be accurate column !

and if you're out and about tonight, then I hope you find the correct venue/room for your music preference.

Social source share

i would really like to hear djs playing that could mix up an hours set with a bit of everything which would be skillful and interesting instead of an hour of 60s and then an hour of modern etc etc :thumbsup:

I think you would have loved the middle years at Albrighton

Social source share

Across the board night to me means a little bit of everything that's usually been played to death :thumbsup:

i love a bit of everything but more often the not ATB nights are just Oldies nights in disguise :thumbsup:

Spot on descriptions...many a dissapointed night attending so called ATB only to listen to keep em on the floor...get em through the door oldies.

When done correctly ATB nights can offer a super entertaining evening for all. But its finding the correct mix of DJ's who are prepared to change the musical gendre when it comes to their spot..

Edited by Billyboy
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Spot on desciptions...many a dissapointed night attending so called ATB only to listen to keep em on the floor...get em through the door oldies.

When done correctly ATB nights can offer a super entertaining evening for all. But its finding the correct mix of DJ's who are prepared to change the musical gendre when it comes to their spot..

totally agree Billy, unfortunately too may venues dont even try to get the correct mix cos if they did they wouldnt be djn themselves :thumbsup:
Social source share

Another very subjective thread, one persons oldie is another persons newie, so similarly one persons ATB could be anothers Oldies event,

Just another what is Modern/crossover/RnB kinda question, there has been a few differing opinions just on this thread as to what is perceived as ATB,

Social source share

Some great posts John.

One memory I have of Albrighton is starting a 40 min set with Big Daddy Rogers and finishing with Luther "Are you using me"...I played just about every genre in between, oldies, midtempo, crossover, 70s etc ....and the same people who danced to the first record were still dancing to the last record!

To me this event was truely "Across the board"...you had to work your socks off as a DJ there but it was fantastic!

Chris

Social source share

agree with Davie here and it caused the biggest rift in the scene cos some people local to me were complaining not enough oldies and were criticising the promoters across the board policy. even when they started their own club one of them replied to a question about getting the 2 clubs together with & I quote " It would never work - They play 70s and a heap of modern" and he went onto say he went once or twice and didnt like the music.

he then went onto explain they at their club played oldies with a few well known 70s - That same club is now playing what the other club used to play. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Eh, so you'll be swayed by a bit of marketing? The Dj list and promoter would be my guide rather than a load of hyped up shite and marvellous artwork beforehand

Social source share

agree with Davie here and it caused the biggest rift in the scene cos some people local to me were complaining not enough oldies and were criticising the promoters across the board policy. even when they started their own club one of them replied to a question about getting the 2 clubs together with & I quote " It would never work - They play 70s and a heap of modern" and he went onto say he went once or twice and didnt like the music.

he then went onto explain they at their club played oldies with a few well known 70s - That same club is now playing what the other club used to play. :thumbup::thumbup::D

That's cos some need to have it confirmed in triplicate,that "this is norven*/modern*/crossover*",and "this will go down well".:)

* = delete as applicable.

Social source share

At risk here of merging one often discussed topic into another often discussed topic. And there will be those who presume that suggestions like this invoke a "soul police", but I think playlists should inform the discerning. I just don't think we see enough of them across a variation of nights. Although I do think fliers and posts on here should be reliably informative. If a night proclaims it's oldies then i know I need to be in a mood to go, if it's underplayed I expect to be challenged and come away with some new experiences. I accept that's not always perfectly possible on the basis of one person's/venue's underplayed is anothers regular play, one person's/venue's familiar oldie is anothers forgotten oldie and so on. If you're not proud of your playlist then what are doing it for?

Social source share

Depends who is on doesn't it :thumbup:

Personally, I'd expect to hear / play:

- quality oldies

- bit of crossover

- rare things and the odd semi known

- bit of rnb / grittier stuff

Hear what you're saying though folks and have been bored sh*tless countless times

What Phil said. I'd expect to hear the same as Phil.

I think the general cross-section of replies on the thread reflect exactly why the phrase has become commonplace to describe a Soul event and why the boundaries (if there are any anymore) have become clouded.

Back in the 70' you would expect it to be mainly oldies as that's mostly all there was anyway but as Steve L says above... a can of worms :thumbup:

Social source share

This list is the stuff played at the Black Bull 26th Feb. We advertised it as truly across the board night. Right mix or not?

TRIPPIN / WIZARDS OF OOZE / BACKBONE 12".

STAY / TEMPTATIONS / MOTOWN 7".

ELECTRIFIED LOVE / ERNIE HINES / WE PRODUCE.

YOU'RE A WINNER BABY / McKINLEY SANDIFER / COTTON.

GOT TO GET RID OF YOU / JJ BARNES / VOLT.

HELLO STRANGER / DARIUS / CHARTMAKER.

CONSIDER THE SOURCE / LEON HAYWOOD / CAPITOL.

MAKE ME YOURS / BOBBY MONTGOMERY / GENERATION.

AIN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH / GARLAND GREEN / REVUE.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP / JACKIE ROSS / BRUNSWICK.

I AIN'T GOING NOWHERE / JIMMIE REED JR / MERCURY.

GIRL I LOVE YOU / SHELLEY FISHER / DALYA.

I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU / LLOYD WILLIAMS / BAMBOO.

YOU'LL NEVER BE SORRY / GERALD SIMS / WARNER BROS.

LOVELY WOMAN / ELDRIDGE HOLMES / DEESU.

GIVE IN TO THE POWER OF LOVE / THE COMMITTEE / NMI.

LIFT THIS HURT / ELVIN SPENCER / TWINIGHT.

THIS TIME / DOUGLAS & LONERO / RCA.

I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU / DARRELL BANKS / VOLT.

WHY CAN'T THERE BE LOVE / DEE EDWARDS / GM.

I'M ON TO YOU GIRL / SKIP JACKSON / DOT-MAR.

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME / VERNON GREEN / MINIT.

GOTTA HAVE LOVE / VANGUARDS / LAMP.

MAKE SURE / THE DELLS / CADET .

IT ONLY HAPPENS / JACKIE WILSON / BRUNSWICK.

FOREVER & A DAY / MEL & TIM / STAX.

SURELY / SLY,SLICK WICKED / PARAMOUNT.

Richard Caiton-I like to get near you-Uptight

Jimmie Bo Horn-I can't speak-Dade

Papa Bear-You're so fine-SMS

George Lemons-Fascinating girl-Gold Soul

J D Bryant-I won't be coming back-Shrine

Empires-You're on top girl-Candi

Earle's-Everybody's got somebody-TeeTi

Imperial C'S-Someone tell her-Philasoul

Magnetics-Count the days-Sable

Poets-Wrapped around your finger-J2

Purple Mundi-Stop hurting me baby-Cat

Appreciations-Its better to cry-Sport

Kings of Soul-Is your love for me-Down to Earth

Milton Parker-Women like it harder-Closet

Bobby Rich-Theres a girl some where-sambea

Preludes-Deeper than that-Harthon

Antelects-Love slave-Flodavieur

Edith Brown-You did it-Four Brothers

Robert Tanner-Sweet memories-Megatone

Vanguards-Good times bad time-Lamp

Paul Vann-One track mind-Chance

Mr Lucky-Born to love you-Stardom

Clarence Townsend-I found a love-Clara

Patti Austin - I've given all my love - Coral

New yorkers - Don't want to be your fool - Tac-ful

Sheila Ferguson - and in return - Swan

Servicemen - Connie - Chartmaker

Blue Jays - Point of Veiw - Jay

Phonectics _ Just a boys dream - Trudel

Terry Callier - Look at me now - Cadet

Spiedels - Dream Girl - Providence

Wee Willie Walker - I don't want to take a chance - Kent

San Franciscan TKO's - Make up your mind - Kent

Brenda Jones - Big Mistake - Mercury

Isley Bros - Harvest for the world - Epic

Dells - Closer - Cadet

Bobby Hutton - Come see what's left of me - Philips

Harold Melvin - Wake up Everybody - PIR

Brand New - Thousand Years - Du-vern

Topics - Booking up Baby - Mercury

Bobby Taylor - Don't be afraid - Gordy LP

Lamont Dozier - Can't get off until the feeling stops - WB

We the people - Making my daydream real - Lion

Impressions - First Impressions - Curtom

Fortson & Scott - Sweet Lover

Arthur Willis - The hurting is over

Bobby Kline - Say something nice to me

Andy Fisher - My heart is beating stronger

Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid

Johnny Mae Matthews - I have no choice

Jackey Beavers - I need my baby

Enchanters - There's a look about you

Tolbert - I've got it

Timeless Legend - I was born to love you

True Image - I'm not over you

Emmitt Long - Call me

Unique Blend - Yes I'm in love

Chuck Cockerham - Have I got a right

Flowers - For real

Bobby Reed - Time is right for love

Cory Blake - How can I go on

Almeta Lattimore - These memories

David Ruffin - Walk away from love

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Eh, so you'll be swayed by a bit of marketing?

That's not what I said. I only said adverts for nights should be honest.

You really think I choose my nights and nighters based on flyers? Not these days. Not for about the past thirty years. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

when poss playlists tell it all

I agree and since you asked here are playlists from residents Pat, Adam and myself from the past few months. Guest's playlists are a whole other ball-game, but you can check our site for some of the DJs we've had on in the past. :thumbsup:

L.J. Reynolds - Intruder

Al Robinson - Sho Bout To Drive Me Wild

O.V. Wright - Into Something

Joann Garrett - Watcha Been Doin

Cornelius Brothers - Treat Her Like A Lady

Richard Knight - Back To School

Invictus - New Babe

Fads - My Poor Heart

Mark McIver - Soul Thing

Mariann - Motivation

Diane Lewis - Without Your Love

Lanny Hunt - Suzie Q

Jimmy Moore - Church St Sally

Clarence Reid - I'm Your Yes Man

Sold Brothers Six - Oh I Need You Yes I Do

Little Kenny - Agent Double O Soul

Don Covay - 40 Days 40 Nights

Joanne Gayles - Meet Me Half Way

Net Wt. 14 Karat Black - Ain'y Nothing But A Habit

Eddie Daye - Lean on Me

Lonnie Russ - This Is What It Ain't

Hartfield Brothers - Sweet Somebody

Eddie Wilson - Shing A Ling Stroll

Intruders - Check Yourself

Winfield Parker - Mr Clean Pt. 2

Millie Jackson - All I Want Is A Fighting Chance

Ann Sexton - It's All Over But The Shouting

Betty Wright - Circle Of Heartbreaks

Calvin Arnold - Lovely Way To Go

Johnny Thunder - Groovy Two Shoes

The Volcanos - A Lady's Man

Victoria Williams and J.D.Ledbetter - Show Some Sign

Pauline and Bobby - No Messin Around

Lonnie Youngblood - Roll With The Punches

Bobby Banks - I'm A Bachelor

Freddie and Henchie - Biscuits and Buttermilk

Lee Webber - Seventh Son

Danny White - Natural Soul Brother

Shirley Caeser - Stand The Storm

Gladys Knight - I've Got To Use My Imagination

Little Bob - We're In Love

Ernestine Anderson - Jerk And Twine

Ola V Harper - I Wanna Weep

Tommie Young - That's All A Part Of Loving Him

John Thomas - Come See Me

Little Richard - I'm Back

Blue Jays - Hard Thing To Accept

Junk Man...Dave Bartholomew...Broadmoor

Never Get Enough...Bobby Byrd...Mojo

Back Tracking...Sterling Harrison..Real World

Where You Ever Lonely..Brenda Devlin... Road

Lunar Funk...Fabulous Counts..Moira

Soul Feeling, part1 ...Eddy 'G' Giles..Murco

Never Let Nothing Get the Better Of You...Bobby Womack...Columbia

Do It To Me One More Time...Joey Gilmore..Phil.la.Soul

Hey-Hey..Dave Bartholomew..Broadmoor

Back To School...Richard Knight...Allen

Silent Treatment...True Reflection...Atco

Say Yes Baby...Matadors

Don't Make Me Beg..Soul Notes...Way Out

I Get Lifted...George McCrae...RCA

I Lost My Baby...Furys..Jay Boy

Love Line...Luke Day...Renfro

Talkin' 'Bout Poor Folks...Lou Edwards...Columbia

Girl What Have You Done...Kings Of Soul...Down To Earth.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Eh, so you'll be swayed by a bit of marketing? The Dj list and promoter would be my guide rather than a load of hyped up shite and marvellous artwork beforehand

Regardless how you choose your night a flyer is advertising and the same for any product it should reflect what it says it offers, if not it is false advertising :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Regardless how you choose your night a flyer is advertising and the same for any product it should reflect what it says it offers, if not it is false advertising :thumbsup:

and that just about sums up what this thread is about Chalky :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

This list is the stuff played at the Black Bull 26th Feb. We advertised it as truly across the board night. Right mix or not?

TRIPPIN / WIZARDS OF OOZE / BACKBONE 12".

STAY / TEMPTATIONS / MOTOWN 7".

ELECTRIFIED LOVE / ERNIE HINES / WE PRODUCE.

YOU'RE A WINNER BABY / McKINLEY SANDIFER / COTTON.

GOT TO GET RID OF YOU / JJ BARNES / VOLT.

HELLO STRANGER / DARIUS / CHARTMAKER.

CONSIDER THE SOURCE / LEON HAYWOOD / CAPITOL.

MAKE ME YOURS / BOBBY MONTGOMERY / GENERATION.

AIN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH / GARLAND GREEN / REVUE.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP / JACKIE ROSS / BRUNSWICK.

I AIN'T GOING NOWHERE / JIMMIE REED JR / MERCURY.

GIRL I LOVE YOU / SHELLEY FISHER / DALYA.

I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU / LLOYD WILLIAMS / BAMBOO.

YOU'LL NEVER BE SORRY / GERALD SIMS / WARNER BROS.

LOVELY WOMAN / ELDRIDGE HOLMES / DEESU.

GIVE IN TO THE POWER OF LOVE / THE COMMITTEE / NMI.

LIFT THIS HURT / ELVIN SPENCER / TWINIGHT.

THIS TIME / DOUGLAS & LONERO / RCA.

I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU / DARRELL BANKS / VOLT.

WHY CAN'T THERE BE LOVE / DEE EDWARDS / GM.

I'M ON TO YOU GIRL / SKIP JACKSON / DOT-MAR.

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME / VERNON GREEN / MINIT.

GOTTA HAVE LOVE / VANGUARDS / LAMP.

MAKE SURE / THE DELLS / CADET .

IT ONLY HAPPENS / JACKIE WILSON / BRUNSWICK.

FOREVER & A DAY / MEL & TIM / STAX.

SURELY / SLY,SLICK WICKED / PARAMOUNT.

Richard Caiton-I like to get near you-Uptight

Jimmie Bo Horn-I can't speak-Dade

Papa Bear-You're so fine-SMS

George Lemons-Fascinating girl-Gold Soul

J D Bryant-I won't be coming back-Shrine

Empires-You're on top girl-Candi

Earle's-Everybody's got somebody-TeeTi

Imperial C'S-Someone tell her-Philasoul

Magnetics-Count the days-Sable

Poets-Wrapped around your finger-J2

Purple Mundi-Stop hurting me baby-Cat

Appreciations-Its better to cry-Sport

Kings of Soul-Is your love for me-Down to Earth

Milton Parker-Women like it harder-Closet

Bobby Rich-Theres a girl some where-sambea

Preludes-Deeper than that-Harthon

Antelects-Love slave-Flodavieur

Edith Brown-You did it-Four Brothers

Robert Tanner-Sweet memories-Megatone

Vanguards-Good times bad time-Lamp

Paul Vann-One track mind-Chance

Mr Lucky-Born to love you-Stardom

Clarence Townsend-I found a love-Clara

Patti Austin - I've given all my love - Coral

New yorkers - Don't want to be your fool - Tac-ful

Sheila Ferguson - and in return - Swan

Servicemen - Connie - Chartmaker

Blue Jays - Point of Veiw - Jay

Phonectics _ Just a boys dream - Trudel

Terry Callier - Look at me now - Cadet

Spiedels - Dream Girl - Providence

Wee Willie Walker - I don't want to take a chance - Kent

San Franciscan TKO's - Make up your mind - Kent

Brenda Jones - Big Mistake - Mercury

Isley Bros - Harvest for the world - Epic

Dells - Closer - Cadet

Bobby Hutton - Come see what's left of me - Philips

Harold Melvin - Wake up Everybody - PIR

Brand New - Thousand Years - Du-vern

Topics - Booking up Baby - Mercury

Bobby Taylor - Don't be afraid - Gordy LP

Lamont Dozier - Can't get off until the feeling stops - WB

We the people - Making my daydream real - Lion

Impressions - First Impressions - Curtom

Fortson & Scott - Sweet Lover

Arthur Willis - The hurting is over

Bobby Kline - Say something nice to me

Andy Fisher - My heart is beating stronger

Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid

Johnny Mae Matthews - I have no choice

Jackey Beavers - I need my baby

Enchanters - There's a look about you

Tolbert - I've got it

Timeless Legend - I was born to love you

True Image - I'm not over you

Emmitt Long - Call me

Unique Blend - Yes I'm in love

Chuck Cockerham - Have I got a right

Flowers - For real

Bobby Reed - Time is right for love

Cory Blake - How can I go on

Almeta Lattimore - These memories

David Ruffin - Walk away from love

plenty i know and plenty i dont and yep a very nice mix up it looks to me indeedy :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I agree and since you asked here are playlists from residents Pat, Adam and myself from the past few months. Guest's playlists are a whole other ball-game, but you can check our site for some of the DJs we've had on in the past. :lol:

L.J. Reynolds - Intruder

Al Robinson - Sho Bout To Drive Me Wild

O.V. Wright - Into Something

Joann Garrett - Watcha Been Doin

Cornelius Brothers - Treat Her Like A Lady

Richard Knight - Back To School

Invictus - New Babe

Fads - My Poor Heart

Mark McIver - Soul Thing

Mariann - Motivation

Diane Lewis - Without Your Love

Lanny Hunt - Suzie Q

Jimmy Moore - Church St Sally

Clarence Reid - I'm Your Yes Man

Sold Brothers Six - Oh I Need You Yes I Do

Little Kenny - Agent Double O Soul

Don Covay - 40 Days 40 Nights

Joanne Gayles - Meet Me Half Way

Net Wt. 14 Karat Black - Ain'y Nothing But A Habit

Eddie Daye - Lean on Me

Lonnie Russ - This Is What It Ain't

Hartfield Brothers - Sweet Somebody

Eddie Wilson - Shing A Ling Stroll

Intruders - Check Yourself

Winfield Parker - Mr Clean Pt. 2

Millie Jackson - All I Want Is A Fighting Chance

Ann Sexton - It's All Over But The Shouting

Betty Wright - Circle Of Heartbreaks

Calvin Arnold - Lovely Way To Go

Johnny Thunder - Groovy Two Shoes

The Volcanos - A Lady's Man

Victoria Williams and J.D.Ledbetter - Show Some Sign

Pauline and Bobby - No Messin Around

Lonnie Youngblood - Roll With The Punches

Bobby Banks - I'm A Bachelor

Freddie and Henchie - Biscuits and Buttermilk

Lee Webber - Seventh Son

Danny White - Natural Soul Brother

Shirley Caeser - Stand The Storm

Gladys Knight - I've Got To Use My Imagination

Little Bob - We're In Love

Ernestine Anderson - Jerk And Twine

Ola V Harper - I Wanna Weep

Tommie Young - That's All A Part Of Loving Him

John Thomas - Come See Me

Little Richard - I'm Back

Blue Jays - Hard Thing To Accept

Junk Man...Dave Bartholomew...Broadmoor

Never Get Enough...Bobby Byrd...Mojo

Back Tracking...Sterling Harrison..Real World

Where You Ever Lonely..Brenda Devlin... Road

Lunar Funk...Fabulous Counts..Moira

Soul Feeling, part1 ...Eddy 'G' Giles..Murco

Never Let Nothing Get the Better Of You...Bobby Womack...Columbia

Do It To Me One More Time...Joey Gilmore..Phil.la.Soul

Hey-Hey..Dave Bartholomew..Broadmoor

Back To School...Richard Knight...Allen

Silent Treatment...True Reflection...Atco

Say Yes Baby...Matadors

Don't Make Me Beg..Soul Notes...Way Out

I Get Lifted...George McCrae...RCA

I Lost My Baby...Furys..Jay Boy

Love Line...Luke Day...Renfro

Talkin' 'Bout Poor Folks...Lou Edwards...Columbia

Girl What Have You Done...Kings Of Soul...Down To Earth.

sorry but thats not an ATB night thats typical overplayed Oldies night im afraid :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Regardless how you choose your night a flyer is advertising and the same for any product it should reflect what it says it offers, if not it is false advertising :lol:

I agree.

There are loads of flyer's featuring girls wearing full circle skirts. Now I am not saying anything about what people should or should not wear but one look at those flyer's and I would expect those nights to be out and out oldies.

Am I wrong?

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I agree.

There are loads of flyer's featuring girls wearing full circle skirts. Now I am not saying anything about what people should or should not wear but one look at those flyer's and I would expect those nights to be out and out oldies.

Am I wrong?

or strip clubs :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

:lol: It is to you mate. :hatsoff2:

not enough oldies and no Frank Wilson eh Adam :lol: Move on is defo not an ATB night Matt but it does exactly what it says on the flyer :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Spot on there Chalky :lol::hatsoff2:been to a few lately ATB my arse :lol::(

Julie :D

say it as you see it Julie :lol: im glad it aint just me who thinks this way :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!