What To Do When

macca

I think I just may be forced to eat this turd, as they say here, but I'm just wondering where I stand on an Ebay purchase I made back in December.

I bought a record listed as NM for over $100 (including shipping). The record arrives just before Christmas, I'd had it sent to my parents' address as I was there over the Christmas period. Up in Edinburgh I was able to listen to it and concluded that it was more VG- than NM, in perfect condition label wise, but worn to feck sonically speaking.

I contacted the seller and went into a protracted Ebay PM ping-pong over the grading, with the seller claiming my equipment was suspect etc... In the end he agreed to take it back, but would not pay the return shipping costs. OK I thought, better than nothing. On 7th January once back in Spain I returned it international 'signed for' to the address given and sent another PM informing him of its dispatch along with the tracking number. The weeks passed and every time I checked its progress, Correos (Spanish mail service) and USPS said the same thing 'destination office preparing shipment of item'. About the fourth week, Correos inform me that many parcels had been held up by security restrictions on incoming mail in the US, in force since the 8th of December. The item was finally delivered on the 23rd of February and presumably signed for. I sent another Ebay PM to that effect, informing the geezer that Correos had confirmed its arrival at destination. Since then I haven't heard a thing. Today I sent an email to the address used in his paypal account though I'm not holding my breath. I'm now past the 90 day claim limit. The record was Patti Jo - Make Me Believe In You, a sound I'd been after for ages, and here I am, $100 out of pocket, no record and probably forced to 'eat the turd', so to speak. What do you guys think?

Edited by macca
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

I think I just may be forced to eat this turd, as they say here, but I'm just wondering where I stand on an Ebay purchase I made back in December.

I bought a record listed as NM for over $100 (including shipping). The record arrives just before Christmas, I'd had it sent to my parents' address as I was there over the Christmas period. Up in Edinburgh I was able to listen to it and concluded that it was more VG- than NM, in perfect condition label wise, but worn to feck sonically speaking.

I contacted the seller and went into a protracted Ebay PM ping-pong over the grading, with the seller claiming my equipment was suspect etc... In the end he agreed to take it back, but would not pay the return shipping costs. OK I thought, better than nothing. On 7th January once back in Spain I returned it international 'signed for' to the address given and sent another PM informing him of its dispatch along with the tracking number. The weeks passed and every time I checked its progress, Correos (Spanish mail service) and USPS said the same thing 'destination office preparing shipment of item'. About the fourth week, Correos inform me that many parcels had been held up by security restrictions on incoming mail in the US, in force since the 8th of December. The item was finally delivered on the 23rd of February and presumably signed for. I sent another Ebay PM to that effect, informing the geezer that Correos had confirmed its arrival at destination. Since then I haven't heard a thing. Today I sent an email to the address used in his paypal account though I'm not holding my breath. I'm now past the 90 day claim limit. The record was Patti Jo - Make Me Believe In You, a sound I'd been after for ages, and here I am, $100 out of pocket, no record and probably forced to 'eat the turd', so to speak. What do you guys think?

Adey what are you doing buying tunes anyway rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Update: Ebay resolution process expires after X days after which you have to contact seller which I tried to do via another Ebay private message, which after the time limit for claims doesn't seem to work anyway. Looking at his details 'unkybeebob' (bob fink according to the paypal address) he's no longer a registered user, surprise, surprise. Well it seems I've been stitched, which after nearly ten years on Ebay and it being the first I suppose it's not half bad. Still rankles though...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert