Eddie Billips On Ebay

Kjw

Did anyone see the NM copy of Eddie Billips - Shake Off That Dream on Garpax that got sold on Ebay last night

It was listed about a week ago at $0.99 but the seller wouldn't ship outside the US. anyway I e-mailed him and he agreed to ship to the UK if I accepted responsibility if it got lost or damaged. I agreed and said I would pay for 'signed for' mail.

Tried to place an initial bid but he still had a restriction on the listing preventing International buyers from bidding - I e-mailed him a couple more times but got no reply

Had to watch it go through last night with 1 bid and some lucky person winning it for less than $1

The only way I could console myself was by sending him an e-mail telling him how much I would have paid for it

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i totally agree that its very frustrating , as you point out , but not as frustrating as purchasing "a buy it now" and paying for it only to have your money refunded 2 days later , with the explanation that the seller had messed up the price ( after being informed by someone from the U.K. that it was "way too cheap" . . . i guess he made him an improved offer ? )

. . . the "45" in question being Lee Moses-Reach Out-Musicor W/D in M- for $35 . . . i should have named and shamed the dealer on here but i "took it on the chin" . . . if the kind person who bought this behind my back reads this on here . . . i hope you rot in hell clutching my record you **** . . . as you can see , it hasn't affected me one iota . . . who says record collecting "is an illness ?"

Social source share

oh , and before anyone says i should have taken "an action" out against the seller . . . i tried to , i opened a dispute as soon as my "refund" hit my paypal a/c . . . i filled in all the appropriate replies and pressed the "continue the dispute" bit ,and up pops an instant reply that the dispute "was settled" , or some such response . . what a waste of ******* time . . .

Social source share

I take your point although I've got a bit more about me than to spoil someone else's good fortune

It was just a real shame to see it go for so little and not be able to bid on it

Don't know if it'll make you feel any better, but I also saw the Eddie Billips 45 and wanted to bid a nice 3 figure sum for it, so if the guy would've shipped outside the UK it wouldn't have gone anywhere near $0.99. Maybe we should just feel happy for the bloke who won it for a dollar and hope he/she treats the record with the respect it deserves...

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

I have forwarded a lot of items from the US to UK buyers when they wouldn't ship, I only charge the ammount that it costs to reship.

I hate if that people miss out on that kind of deal, and kick myself for not watching ebay close enough this week. laugh.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to share a quick update on this thread, just because this is too good not to share. I'm the one who won the Billups 45, and it arrived yesterday, but in some unusual packaging. There was a medium size USPS priority box (dimensions 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"). Inside was an old rusty Kodak film canister packed in with plastic bags, styrofoam peanuts and fabric softener clothes dryer sheets (!). Inside the canister was the Eddie Billups 45. I've never seen packaging quite like it. I know most of us have stories about weird packing for records, but this one, for me anyhow, really took the cake!

packing1.jpgpacking2.jpg

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

:D :D :D

All that for what in effect was a $0.99 record.

Thank god it didn't go for $9.99 ------ it would have arrived inside a beat up tumble dryer packed with straw and horse shit :lol:

Gongrats on the deal, nice one.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

I've actually received a 45 in a film canister before, although a plastic one. I saw the auction but didn't bid because I just got confused that it was so cheap and there wasn't something else on the flip, I figured it must not be worth much as a promo or something else was wrong...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert