These Can't Be Impossible To Find

Guest lord maccrington

Guest lord maccrington

denise kelly and fame- i'd like to get into you (20th century 7")

vibrations- shake it up (chess 7")

arnold blair- trying to get next to you (gemigo 7")

natural high1 (chimneyville LP)

all at least strong ex+ no crackle and pop cereal pressings

good money paid but no daft pop sike prices please

god bless.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Generally, yes, 80/90% of titles I see sell for much less on ebay. Not talking about indemanders, biggies or current spins by such and such a dj, but general good quality northern related. It especially applies to less obvious, say the things you want are not top 500 oldies or classics.

Lots of ebay things seem to then reappear a couple of weeks later on sales lists, dealer sites etc, with a reasonable mark up to ensure they've made a small profit. Could of course be coincidence how the exact same titles reappear in around the time it takes to get a parcel mailed from the states :thumbsup:

For example, somebody asked so price quoted on here today for George Freeman Down & Out on a lovely looking purple issue, I checked back cause I keep a list of ebay prices on certain things for my own reasons, last couple I saw on ebay were £77 and £101 (and this one was unplayed, which to me adds a small premium to the value) Yet folk on here said price 150-200 for the issue. It's not perfect ebay, but you pay less to cover when things dont work out imho

some more examples of ebay prices -

Adams Apples mint vinyl demo £140

Determinations Bing £39 ( super shiney vinyl, as new)

Jive Five Puzzle wdj £18

Monorays Love wdj unplayed £12

but on the other hand - Fab Jades Rika Bootleg £90, not the genuine article but a boot, for 90 flipping quid !!! What is that saying ? Buyer Beware !

hth

Social source share

Generally, yes, 80/90% of titles I see sell for much less on ebay. Not talking about indemanders, biggies or current spins by such and such a dj, but general good quality northern related. It especially applies to less obvious, say the things you want are not top 500 oldies or classics.

Lots of ebay things seem to then reappear a couple of weeks later on sales lists, dealer sites etc, with a reasonable mark up to ensure they've made a small profit. Could of course be coincidence how the exact same titles reappear in around the time it takes to get a parcel mailed from the states :thumbsup:

For example, somebody asked so price quoted on here today for George Freeman Down & Out on a lovely looking purple issue, I checked back cause I keep a list of ebay prices on certain things for my own reasons, last couple I saw on ebay were £77 and £101 (and this one was unplayed, which to me adds a small premium to the value) Yet folk on here said price 150-200 for the issue. It's not perfect ebay, but you pay less to cover when things dont work out imho

some more examples of ebay prices -

Adams Apples mint vinyl demo £140

Determinations Bing £39 ( super shiney vinyl, as new)

Jive Five Puzzle wdj £18

Monorays Love wdj unplayed £12

but on the other hand - Fab Jades Rika Bootleg £90, not the genuine article but a boot, for 90 flipping quid !!! What is that saying ? Buyer Beware !

hth

yep fully agree John

that was the point of my posting

ebay can be cheaper

any auction is always going to have that possibility just the same as it can be higher

however to make out that the sales on here are priced higher than past ebay/popsike is imo very flawed

as would be any auction v set sales comparsion no matter what the sales item were

on the examples above could i find higher prices than you quoted on popsike?

course I can and that was/is the point of my posting

Social source share

Source Advert