George Freeman Down And Out

kevinsoulman

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

hard one to price in the current climate, was always a £250ish 45, paid that for the same copy as yours which by all accounts is the

harder label format, but not a real demand nowadays even though imo this is still a £250 45. most probably £150-£200 dependant

on condition.

fantastic record, dont make um like that anymore!!

russ

Social source share

hard one to price in the current climate, was always a £250ish 45, paid that for the same copy as yours which by all accounts is the

harder label format, but not a real demand nowadays even though imo this is still a £250 45. most probably £150-£200 dependant

on condition.

fantastic record, dont make um like that anymore!!

russ

I'm way behind you lot, I've got a WD to list here and I was going to stick 125 on it!

Social source share

I'm way behind you lot, I've got a WD to list here and I was going to stick 125 on it!

purple issue rarer than demo (and more attrative looking) so you're not that far off.

I'd 150 WD and 200 issue.

One of my alltime favourite beat ballads, should be 500+ just for the quality.

Social source share

purple issue rarer than demo (and more attrative looking) so you're not that far off.

I'd 150 WD and 200 issue.

One of my alltime favourite beat ballads, should be 500+ just for the quality.

mine was an issue that went for 125.

I know the issue is rarer but too most people who just want the record I doubt they would pay a premium just to get it on issue.

his 45 on shout is fantastic and deserves to be regarded as highly as this one.

Social source share

I have the Dick Haffner version but George is great, also have something on Okeh by him I Lied, You Cried, Love Died not a bad version.

:ohmy:

I have another version of "Down & out" by The Four Winds on Chattahoochee (exactly same backing track but with white doo-wop group style vocals) not as good as George Freeman's one.

Value of this one?

Romain :lol:

Social source share

Guest theoriginator56

10 pence from a boot fair the quiver side was showin this was 1989 did not know the the tune then playd d. a ot wen igot home (wow) sold it on eaby last year 150 kwid.

Social source share

I have another version of "Down & out" by The Four Winds on Chattahoochee (exactly same backing track but with white doo-wop group style vocals) not as good as George Freeman's one.

Value of this one?

Romain :hatsoff2:

I was going to mention this record but decided against it as musically it is a crime against humanity. it sounds like the Four Freshmen. I'd pay someone to take it off me. No offence Romain.

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Can anyone tell if the demo has been booted?For some reason I've always had in my mind it was booted in late 80'ts???????

That's why I bought an issue.

Cheers

Martyn

It was pressed on a Stardust offshoot, not on WD. Loads of issues turned up in the UK at one point alongside another of his singles for the same label.

Social source share

You're definitively right Pete, Four winds "Down & out" is absolutely unplayable (Four Freshmen style is a good definition). It's just a curiosity...the kind of record which we find accidentally and cheap but which we keep in its collection (just because it's the same backing track)...valued 50 in Tim Brown's guide!!!:thumbsup:

Social source share

It was pressed on a Stardust offshoot, not on WD. Loads of issues turned up in the UK at one point alongside another of his singles for the same label.

Pete

Thanks,so you are about the 100th person to tell me it wasn't booted as a white demo so I'm gonna have to stop peddling that misconception...........or that lie I've made up in my head :thumbsup::lol: :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

You're definitively right Pete, Four winds "Down & out" is absolutely unplayable (Four Freshmen style is a good definition). It's just a curiosity...the kind of record which we find accidentally and cheap but which we keep in its collection (just because it's the same backing track)...valued 50 in Tim Brown's guide!!!:thumbsup:

:lol:

I'll never forget the first time I had it, pretty sure I'd discovered a new version and couldn't wait to play it... oh dear

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert