Smokey Robinson

45cellar

William "Smokey" Robinson

A LEGEND

Wrote one of my favourite records "The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game"

& Many, Many Others. Enhanced my Listening pleasure over the years.

Never tire listening to this classic & never will . Perfection.

William "Smokey" Robinson

Artist, Writer, Producer, etc, etc = GENIUS

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Jeez, where do you start with such a prolific writer singer?

I'll tell you what, I'll approach it from the more modern era...his worldwide hit, 'Being with you'! When this was in the charts I detested it...it did nothing for me other than want to turn the radio off! HOWEVER, many, many years later I heard it whilst in a shop and WHAMMY it suddenly made sense...don't know why, it just did! I quickly picked up a Japanese press of it and now I think it is a superb track...a latter day classic...timeless!

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

I love "Being With You" too. I think of it as a great soul record that just happened to achieve commercial success at hit no. 1. I love his solo stuff best. Baby That's Backatcha, Cruisin, Tell Me Tomorrow, All My Life's A Lie are all fantastic. The best songwriter ever imo!:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Indeed, one of the greatest singers / songwriters / producers of all time. The genius behind one of the best songs of all time, The Tracks Of My Tears.

Here's one of my favorites:

And one that wasn't written by him but holds a special place in every Detroit's fan heart:

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Indeed, one of the greatest singers / songwriters / producers of all time. The genius behind one of the best songs of all time, The Tracks Of My Tears.

Here's one of my favorites:

"More Love" is one of my fav Smokey tracks, penned by the great man for his wife (Claudette) when she was in hospital I believe?

The lyrics in this, you can tell are from the heart.

steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert