Overhyped And Overpriced?

Guest FunKPunK

Guest FunKPunK

Was wondering if a nice wee thread discussing tunes that some see, in their opinion, don't really "cut the mustard" but cost say otherwise.

Personally for me Dottie and Mille - talkin about my baby always annoyed the hell outta me, so sold one for what £125? and it keeps going up.... why? lol

I realise this might not take off as some would like to sell on their expensive stuff for wads but hey that's how it goes.

Edited by FunKPunK
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You used to be able to buy Dottie and Millie for a few quid, used to be 100's kicking about, every sales box, some major dealers had quantity. Despite being overplayed having been hammered for years it is a good banker for the dancefloor, especially if struggling so the price will always remain higher than it is probably actually worth. Was around £300 at one time, never in a million years is it £300 rare.

Social source share

You used to be able to buy Dottie and Millie for a few quid, used to be 100's kicking about, every sales box, some major dealers had quantity. Despite being overplayed having been hammered for years it is a good banker for the dancefloor, especially if struggling so the price will always remain higher than it is probably actually worth. Was around £300 at one time, never in a million years is it £300 rare.

Agree with the above, it used to be no more than £8 to £10 and then it shot up in price alongside some of the other Topper 45's, the other side was ok as I remember as well.

Some nice tunes on Topper

Social source share

Chalky

Paid £12 for mine off Roger & still think it's great & as someone said great twofer.I was amazed when it went up to £50 never mind what it has made over the past few years & as you say Chalks used to be on every list.Took off in price when it started getting plays on the oldies scene.Another that it's a case supply & demand I suppose.

AC Reed was another I couldn't see why it went for 3 figures as it charted in the States which someone said must be a minimum of 10,000 copies..........paid £7 for mine & thought I'd over paid as all my mates paid a fiver???

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Was around £300 at one time, never in a million years is it £300 rare.

Sold mine on Ebay!! If people keep bidding it up, what can you do! !!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert