Just Soul On Solar Radio - Tats Taylor & Sean Hampsey

Following our initial incursion, back in November...

...Just Soul comes to the airwaves 'Soul People' show again, this coming weekend...

Sunday 6th February (10am-Midday) - a two hour 'Just Soul' special with Tats Taylor and Sean Hampsey on Solar Radio.

Solar Radio can be found on www.solarradio.com OR you can get it on Sky Channel 0129 (why not Sky+ it and listen later!) OR you can check the link www.soulmusic.co.uk/Radio.htm later in the week to download the whole show (courtesy of Zane Hunter).

So, if you're already part of the Just Soul fraternity, or just want to know what all the fuss is about, please join myself and Tats on Solar Radio's 'Soul People' (or listen later) next Sunday morning.

We're looking forward to sharing a couple of hours of 'Just Soul' music with you!

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Looking forward to this Sean. owt like last time then it'll be a must for those who have the ears ...........

........... and the sense of humour :lol:

Talking of humour hit onto your latest Youtube escapade me duck. The more I watch it the more I piss messen :lol:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Gotta laff at some of these who leave comments on the Tube.

Just read the latest one

"What a pair of arseholes"

and neither of you can talk properly :thumbsup:

Sorry, back on track. really looking forward to a soulful Sunday morning.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest Brett F

I remember at Essence about 4 years back Tats pulled me to one side, gave me some headphones and said listen to this....the Lawman 45' is brilliant, not heard it since, what a tune, been looking for it...impossible.

Great show Sean and Andy...

Brett thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Super show chaps, ya certainly did pay yer dues.

Not bad for a couple of half wits (Sean 'll get the joke) :ohmy:

The Erma Shaw "To Hold On To His Love" which is due for release certainly has what it takes.

Sandra Wright --- what a talent we've lost.

Listening to "Put Our Love Together" reminded me of why Arthur Conley is one of my all time soul heroes.

While we're on about Arthur Conley and the mention of Steve Mancha's headstone it came as a shock to me to find out the great Arthur Conley also lacks a headstone.

https://www.findagrav...gr&GRid=8103740

Sad, so very sad.

Anyway guys, from Barnby Moor to the Metropolis it was a pleasure to ride that same soul train with ya.

:yes:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Thanks a bunch for all the kind comments.

Gotta say, it was another 'experience' to say the least.

If anyone missed it, here's a link to the full show to either stream or download, courtesy of Zane Hunter (Thanks Zane)/

https://www.zshare.net/audio/862209926198df54/

We're back again June 5th 2011, so let's make that a date.

Meanwhile, we look forward to seeing you up at Just Soul March 5th 2011.

Hope you can make it.

Thanks again.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Nice show, well done Sean and Andy.

Thanks for the plug for Sandra Wright on Shotgun and thanks also for inadvertently plugging another forthcoming Shotgun single (by coincidence I assume) from an LP which I think we discussed recently on soulsource or facebook.

Also nice to hear 'I Can't Get Over You' by The Dramatics, one of my all-time faves and I remember raving over it in Black Echoes back in 1976. It's drenched with soul.

Best regards

Social source share

Also nice to hear 'I Can't Get Over You' by The Dramatics, one of my all-time faves and I remember raving over it in Black Echoes back in 1976. It's drenched with soul.

Best regards

Drenched with a capital D :D

Social source share

Nice show, well done Sean and Andy.

Thanks for the plug for Sandra Wright on Shotgun and thanks also for inadvertently plugging another forthcoming Shotgun single (by coincidence I assume) from an LP which I think we discussed recently on soulsource or facebook.

Best regards

Thanks Paul.

Didn't know you were planning to put out the Rhetta Hughes. That's great news.

Quite a few options for a great flipside on that particular LP too.

Neither myself, Tats or Kev Briscoe knew the Dramatics track until a couple of years ago, so you were well ahead of us there mate.

It came on the radio in the car, whilst driving from Muscle Shoals Sound to Sheffield Ala (as I said on the radio, yesterday) and we were all blown away.

Needless to say, I've bought every copy I could lay my hands on ever since. Cheap as chips - but pure Black Gold!

Makes a great Birthday prezzie for Family & Friends biggrin.gif.

Glad you all enjoyed hearing it. Have had great feedback from far and wide on that particular track.

It's so good that music of that calibre can reach both a new (and old) audience.

Soul radio - it's the future!

:D

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Thanks Paul.

Didn't know you were planning to put out the Rhetta Hughes. That's great news.

Quite a few options for a great flipside on that particular LP too.

Neither myself, Tats or Kev Briscoe knew the Dramatics track until a couple of years ago, so you were well ahead of us there mate.

It came on the radio in the car, whilst driving from Muscle Shoals Sound to Sheffield Ala (as I said on the radio, yesterday) and we were all blown away.

Needless to say, I've bought every copy I could lay my hands on ever since. Cheap as chips - but pure Black Gold!

Makes a great Birthday prezzie for Family & Friends :yes:.

Glad you all enjoyed hearing it. Have had great feedback from far and wide on that particular track.

It's so good that music of that calibre can reach both a new (and old) audience.

Sean

Managed to catch the second half of the show ..... well done gentlemen thumbsup.gif

The next time you on the radio Sean , no airs and graces please - do the whole show in your correct voice - as in the YouTube clip :no: .

Hope to catch up with you on March 5th .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Makes a great Birthday prezzie for Family & Friends :yes:.

Sean

As you suggest Sean, it seems to passed a lot of folks by.

Copy keeps getting relisted on the Bay at 99p and nobody ever bids. Always remains unsold.

item # 190494197731

Amazing when one thinks of the kinda shit that goes for mega bucks and quality like this doesn't sell for under a quid.

Keep yer eye out folks because it'll come up again soon.

Then you can all fight like fook fer it laugh.gif

Social source share

Managed to catch the second half of the show ..... well done gentlemen :D

The next time you on the radio Sean , no airs and graces please - do the whole show in your correct voice - as in the YouTube clip :no: .

Hope to catch up with you on March 5th .

Malc

HaHa! biggrin.gif Very droll Mr B.

As you well know... the YouTube was the 'put on' and the Radio banter is the real deal.

Although, if you read the comments on YouTube there are some who didn't get the joke.... and think that myself and Tats really are from Barnsley :yes:

Hope you're well old friend.

Would be great to see you (and the lovely Mrs B) on the 5th.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

As you suggest Sean, it seems to passed a lot of folks by.

Copy keeps getting relisted on the Bay at 99p and nobody ever bids. Always remains unsold.

item # 190494197731

Amazing when one thinks of the kinda shit that goes for mega bucks and quality like this doesn't sell for under a quid.

Keep yer eye out folks because it'll come up again soon.

Then you can all fight like fook fer it laugh.gif

Nice one Dave

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

HaHa! :no: Very droll Mr B.

As you well know... the YouTube was the 'put on' and the Radio banter is the real deal.

Although, if you read the comments on YouTube there are some who didn't get the joke.... and think that myself and Tats really are from Barnsley laugh.gif

Hope you're well old friend.

Would be great to see you (and the lovely Mrs B) on the 5th.

Sean

In respect of " getting the joke " Sean , I played Susan the clip , and she laughed at it , saying " typical " biggrin.gif .

In respect of the understanding of accents in the States , I was in Chicago years ago , where the warehouse owner was convinced I was Australian :yes:

Malc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert