21 Again

• Replies 9
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes it was that track, I was listening to the show.

Agreed as Dave said, copies are around and not particularly expensive - I picked up a Burdette promo a few years or so back.

Don't know what the flip side's like though as it's a same both sides copy!

Here's a scan of the issue copy:

post-5094-0-34786100-1296434305_thumb.jp

Here's a few copies for sale: https://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=SPRINGFIELD+RIFLE&price_above=%2E001&&title=THAT'S+ALL+I+REALLY+NEED&price_above=%2E001&&mi=8761299|111267731|111298487|1436399426

Edited by John Benson
Social source share

A charismatic tune that some will love for what it is, whilst others will scoff and pour scorn on it's poppy edge!

Northern Soul...you gotta love it!

And a review from a different perspective Dave, here's a snippet from my latest 'Plumb's Peaches' in 'Soul Up North' about it :thumbsup:

The Springfield Rifle - That's all I really need - Burdette

Finishing as always with a 60's track and this one is way out of left field! ..........................................

...............The flute intro gives way to a tick-tock rhythm that takes about 80 seconds to really get going before finishing with the hookiest hook line you'll hear this year! Yes it probably is white but there's a magical quality to this record that had me singing and humming it for the whole fortnight! I think if this was played by a few big name DJ's this could well become a Northern and/or 70's monster.

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Great sunshine pop on both sides of that 45. thumbsup.gif

Wouldn't personally ever think of bringing it to a soul event, but horses for courses.

Catchy, danceable in a side-to-side Northern fashion...what more do you want from a Northern track?! :lol:

I also recall it being featured on a Manship Blue-eyed Soul tape many, many moons ago :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert