Manships 5Th Edition

45cellar

Here's a long overdue thank you for the brilliant Bootleg Guide that landed on my doorstep just before Christmas.

I had already purchased the earlier guides, thinking "That's me covered"; however, because so much more information has been documented since my last purchase, it left me way back in the past.

Hats off to the information provided by John, from cover to cover, accurate information that I have never found elsewhere.

I said back in 2008 that "the Bootleg Guide is indeed an essential purchase beyond the information given here," and how right I was. (blowing own trumpet here)

However, I should have taken my own advice! :lol:

Excellent, informative guide John & long may it continue, I found it so much easier to document potential rogue records using Version 5 than previous issues.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don't know if I am the only one who has had this thought, but how can we actually know that the information that he is giving on bootlegs is correct? It seems that we generally accept what he lists as bootlegs and originals. Could it be that he has actually made a few mistakes, and that there are original copies out there which can be bought very cheap because we think that they are bootlegs? Or that we are wasting money on bootlegs thinking we are buying originals because the guide says so?

That being said, I definitely find him to be a trustworthy seller, and I am amazed with the vast amount of information compiled in the 5ht edtion, and also how on point the information general is. However, he is human, and we all make mistake - especially when we are dealing with so much information. I remember a while back that a member on here listed a bootleg of Younghearts "A Little Togetherness" stating it was the original. It turned out that according to the bootleg guide the record was an original, but according to the 5th edition it was a bootleg. So that means that before he corrected the information in the 5th edition, we were accepting a bootleg as an original.

Edited by Preben
Social source share

The bootleg guide saved my bacon twice last year with Jo Armstead - I Feel An Urge on Giant - and Gloria Jones Tainted Love (which I specifically bought for a mates birthday party but couldnt bare to play anything other than the original.... Never played it since, mind you !)

Gaz

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert