I'm Impressed

• Replies 46
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Dave

Never tire of seeing these kids strut their stuff and am always blown away by the fact ,you think you've seen it all and they push the boundaries a bit more :rolleyes:

Showed it to my son cos he is into body popping and when it fiinished he said ...."Great but music spoils it" biggrin.gif

Never mind ,at least we tried eh thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Absolutely top notch.............watched it several times and still couldn't work out how the lad in the white top was moving his feet.

Steve.

Social source share

Hi Dave

Never tire of seeing these kids strut their stuff and am always blown away by the fact ,you think you've seen it all and they push the boundaries a bit more :rolleyes:

Showed it to my son cos he is into body popping and when it fiinished he said ...."Great but music spoils it" biggrin.gif

Never mind ,at least we tried eh thumbsup.gif

Enjoyed that but picked up on Nev's son's quote as the music is just dubbed over (sadly).

Would love to know what the kids in the clip were really dancing to.

Social source share

Enjoyed that but picked up on Nev's son's quote as the music is just dubbed over (sadly).

Would love to know what the kids in the clip were really dancing to.

Obviously not something by Duffy ........ or they would have thrown themselves in front of the cars .

Malc

Social source share

Obviously not something by Duffy ........ or they would have thrown themselves in front of the cars .

Malc

Don't know what this obsession of yours with Duffy is all about Malc?

End of the day it's a quite good pop record with a retro theme & if you look carefully there's a couple of site members in the video biggrin.gif

Social source share

Don't know what this obsession of yours with Duffy is all about Malc?

End of the day it's a quite good pop record with a retro theme & if you look carefully there's a couple of site members in the video :thumbsup:

Despite it appearing to be so , I do not have an obsession with ***** .

Everyone has their opinion , and I have mine - I simply do not like the woman's voice .

The quip was intended as a joke .

My apologies .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Despite it appearing to be so , I do not have an obsession with ***** .

Everyone has their opinion , and I have mine - I simply do not like the woman's voice .

The quip was intended as a joke .

My apologies .

Malc

:thumbsup:

Now go sit in the corner you naughty boy :thumbsup:

Social source share

Seen 50-year-old fat blokes dance loads better at soul nights.

So good I said it twice (for some reason).

Edited by Dan
Social source share

:hatsoff2:

Now go sit in the corner you naughty boy :lol:

I went there immediately after posting Dave .

The problem I now have , is that I cannot get you calling me a NB out of my thoughts ....... were you a dominatrix in a previous career ? :thumbsup:

See you on the 5th at Donnelly's duck do .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Lucky for you - if you've got a thing about 50-year-old fat blokes.

i was joking Col (obviously?), but your reply does beg the question as to whether you have a thing about young blokes? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just fantastic,here we see yet again as we have with our music kids on street corners who will never make a nickel or a dime out of this real tallent,what will happen is that some white guys will do a watered down version enter the world of show-biz become rich and famous be called Fred Astair and the like whilst those black guys melt away never to be seen again,its fuckin wrong

Social source share

Just fantastic,here we see yet again as we have with our music kids on street corners who will never make a nickel or a dime out of this real tallent,what will happen is that some white guys will do a watered down version enter the world of show-biz become rich and famous be called Fred Astair and the like whilst those black guys melt away never to be seen again,its fuckin wrong

:lol:yes.gif:D:lol: too right Gilly.

Social source share

Never tire of seeing these kids strut their stuff and am always blown away by the fact ,you think you've seen it all and they push the boundaries a bit more :ohmy:

Showed it to my son cos he is into body popping and when it fiinished he said ...."Great but music spoils it" :D

Brilliant...:thumbsup:

Same reaction from my 12 year old son...great but why have they put "that music" to it...

my answer was "It's their choice" he didn't click...:yes:

Social source share

Brilliant...:thumbsup:

Same reaction from my 12 year old son...great but why have they put "that music" to it...

my answer was "It's their choice" he didn't click...:ohmy:

I went to a niter years ago at La Scala, think it was ran by Keb and Ion, and there was a guy there doing all this malarkey, might not have been in the northern room, I can't remember exactly, anyway it looked quite good and didn't look out of place, maybe the way forward for us wrinkly types............speaking for myself of course :yes: not you Sian x

Social source share

Nice moves, but that guy in the white t-shirt is gonna have problems with those ankles when he's older, I can see him now hanging onto the bannister just to get up and down the stairs on a morning........like me.

Social source share

the dancing is excellent but I couldn't deal with the totally out of place and tempo northern track over it, I had to mute it to get to the end

Sorry to hear that. I can understand the wee ones not appreciating the sound.. I believe this is Al Wilsons finest song and that it worked well with the video on a number of levels, revealing the emotional depth of the song. Turfing is a great dance form. Here is a favourite of mine. No need to mute out the Soul. Regards, Doc.

Social source share

As Albertfish says the original music is certainly the best :lol: Somebody else posted this up a short while back. Fantastic could watch it again & again.

Stick Hellzapoppin' Swing Dance Scene into youtube search for the most brilliant bit of dancing you'll ever see. Perhaps some kind person can stick a link up :thumbsup:

From the 1941 film hellzapoppin'....................Perhaps someone could dub "C.O.Ds She's Fire" over it lol laugh.gif

Social source share

It would be great to hear the original music the lads were dancing to. Unfortunately we probably will never know as the "Real" music referred to in this thread, just like 'Now I know what love is' is also a studio overdub.

Funny how we can get hoofy foofy about originality when we should just be enjoying the diversity.

Regarding Hellzapoppin. Whiteys Lindy hoppers really were sensational. Here is the original and a Soul over marriage.

Social source share

It would be great to hear the original music the lads were dancing to. Unfortunately we probably will never know as the "Real" music referred to in this thread, just like 'Now I know what love is' is also a studio overdub.

Funny how we can get hoofy foofy about originality when we should just be enjoying the diversity.

Regarding Hellzapoppin. Whiteys Lindy hoppers really were sensational. Here is the original and a Soul over marriage.

In truth Doc I doubt the lads were dancing to any music ? The clip that Albertfish put up is what I first heard from youtube & to me the music fits in perfectly.

Thanks for posting the Hellzapoppin clip & again the original music from the 1941 film is the music I associate with the dancing , 2 can have a party tagged on, just doesn't do it for me.

Hoofy Foofy ??? :)

Social source share

My pleasure Dave. Do you think She's Fire tagged on would be a better musical association ? Hoofy Foofy .. yeah sorry .. Glasgow slang for Hoophy Phoofy. yes.gif Doc.

Social source share

Love it reminds me of early 80s breakdance / robotics trying out some moves at the chapel hall nice big wooden floor hurt like fick when you landed wrong lol

Kieran

Social source share

I agree wholeheatedly with you Gilly.

You have probably seen this old clip, but if not I think you will find it enjoyable. ..even the live Brown version of There was a time, along with the wonderful camaraderie between the lads and their varying abilities. Doc.

Social source share

My pleasure Dave. Do you think She's Fire tagged on would be a better musical association ? Hoofy Foofy .. yeah sorry .. Glasgow slang for Hoophy Phoofy. yes.gif Doc.

:lol: Probably not Doc, I was just thinking of something very fast to "fit" with the dancing but as i mentioned I first saw the clip with the original music from the film & thats the one that does it for me.

Enjoyed the Boston clip, nice one mate :lol:

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert