45cellar

• Replies 32
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Huge Jackie Wilson fan here, one of those artsists that you'll always find some new side you've never encountered & it will blow you away. The reason some of his tracks get a bit ignored isn't because they are lacking in quality, it's just that he has so many scorchers. I have a bunch of New Zealand & US Jackie Wilson 7"s, even a couple of 33rpm 7" stereo jukebox "mini album" EPs.

Social source share

Putting aside his many, many fabulous uptempo tunes, let us also reflect on his awesome Beat Ballads...this is my fave...tremendous!

(Bet there are some interesting non-US/UK releases in collections as well..c'mon let's be 'avin' some scans!)

:thumbsup:

Flynny I remember many moons ago when we were young Ktfr's lol and I was harping on about liking Jackie WIlson and you came in and said try Haunted House. Now I must confess at the time I though you were bonkers .

I could not see what was so good about it .... but then Ias I got older and fatter lol I started to appreciate it and yes I agree a superb sound that really pulls on your heartstrings.

I still love "I Lost you" ..... as an upbeat Jackie the lyrics are just superb

Last week I was given an old KTF review that I wrote when Maria and I had a weekend at the Aqua and Tonys in Blackburn .... my god I sent myself dizzzy reading it lol

Funny how time changes things now that s a cue for a song...... Chuck :lol:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Do you know Jackie Wilson does not have a single entry in 'The Northern Soul Top 500' - 'Sweetest Feeling' comes in 'bubbling under' at the dizzy heights of 504!!!!yes.gif

That really does surprise me Mike, considering the amount of stuff he put out.

Just couple of JW faves but there are so many ---------

Ignore the misnaming of the clip and the first few seconds

jackie wilson - just be sincere - soul-tbc

From all the covers I still think this comes up a close second to Darrel Banks. Youtube clip because the refo is only a short clip.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Soufullfella

Soooo many great releases by him. I gotta say that my favorites are "Because of You" "I Don't Wanna Lose You Now" and "You Brought About A Change In Me" pure class all the way.

Keep the fire burning!

Cheers!

Ian

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trickbag
Title: Jackie Wilson you got me walkin.
Added by: trickbag on 05 Mar 2011  view all by trickbag

Artist: jackie wilson
Title: you got me walkin
Label: Jackie WilsonThe Greatest Hits of Jackie Wilson-1969
Label Extra: none
Type:audio
Value: n/a

Clip Info: Jackie Wilson-The Greatest Hits of Jackie Wilson-1969.

first time i heard this i just loved it.

ricky.
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Flynny I remember many moons ago when we were young Ktfr's lol and I was harping on about liking Jackie WIlson and you came in and said try Haunted House. Now I must confess at the time I though you were bonkers .

I could not see what was so good about it .... but then Ias I got older and fatter lol I started to appreciate it and yes I agree a superb sound that really pulls on your heartstrings.

I still love "I Lost you" ..... as an upbeat Jackie the lyrics are just superb

Last week I was given an old KTF review that I wrote when Maria and I had a weekend at the Aqua and Tonys in Blackburn .... my god I sent myself dizzzy reading it lol

Funny how time changes things now that s a cue for a song...... Chuck laugh.gif

Flip it over play "Those Heartaches"..

It's just...................

ATB

Tony

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!