45cellar

• Replies 59
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i had the bill dennis-never let you get away,stone mint,and interestingly the last couple of seconds it has the smallest of jumps,that unless you played it over and over again (as i did) you would never notice it,then stone me i played the cd compilation,and the song does the same thing on there aswell,im guessing it is a recordeing fault from the actual recording session?

Social source share

According to the liner notes of Andy Rix Eddie Singleton had no knowledge of the Hem release at the time. It is assumed (again according to the notes) that the masters were left at Edgewood after Shrine's demise and someone took them to the local Hem label that had Atlantic distribution??

Social source share

Phil Treefella should be able to do you one Sharron. Unless thats another he kept for 5 minutes and then sold lol

lol........ hi Ged............. no ette on the end of munchkin....

waitnig for phil to do a sound bite..lol, the record will have well gone

Edited by munchkin
Social source share

And the Jet Set connection. Who can talk about that ?

I swapped emails back in 2003 with Dimitri Villard, one of the co-owners of Jet Set. This is taken from one of his replies:

"I was the person who raised the money for Eddie to start Shrine, and in return he helped us with some of our recording sessions, arrangements, etc. We were very good friends. We even recorded a few of his artists such as Jimmy Armstrong and Barbara Long for our label. We started out on our own, then got picked up by Bell Records (Amy-Mala-Bell) for distribution. Jet Set was owned by me, Caspar Davis and Blair Butterworth. Eventually the label folded."

He also told me that as far as he was aware the masters had been lost...unless someone can tell us differently?! Here is one from their stable...Bill St.John...not overly Northern, more of a Popcorn tune...catchy lyric I can assure you!

hatsoff2.gif

post-9555-0-96601700-1296479529_thumb.jp

Social source share

i had the bill dennis-never let you get away,stone mint,and interestingly the last couple of seconds it has the smallest of jumps,that unless you played it over and over again (as i did) you would never notice it,then stone me i played the cd compilation,and the song does the same thing on there aswell,im guessing it is a recordeing fault from the actual recording session?

Can't recall ever seeing one for sale ever! What price?? If I recall correctly was it the Bill Dennis 45 that was thought to be un-issued and only available from an original acetate or am I thinking of another Bill Dennis acetate?

Social source share

The bill Dennis 45 I had was 113 I'll never let you get away/poor little fool,I must admit aside from the copy I had,Ive never seen it crop up again,stone minter too,believe or not I also got with this single a mint cautions and a four dynamics-things a lady ain't suppose to do-peachtree,again stone mint,not a bad day at all!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert