• Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Realistic value please?

Chris.

Changing the topic slightly,

Do you know the French album (Prawns) only version of this by "The Big Cheese Allstars" absolutley the dogs danglers imho :lol:

dont know if its on refo but deffo on You tube if you want a listen.

Social source share

That's really nice John. Another CD on the wants list. :lol:

Now talk of CD's you'll get a reputation.....:yes:

I think the other tracks can be similar, but there lots of funky instrumental workouts and has that "Live Band" feel that you have with the Kings Go Forth and Sharon Jones releases.

I like their version of Barry Whites - I'm Gonna Love You and I've Got Mine reminds me a bit of the Brand New Heavy's

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Now talk of CD's you'll get a reputation.....:yes:

Hi John, past caring mate :yes:

Music first, wax second for me especially at my time of life.

Unfashionable soul that I am

:lol:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Really like that , what's the rest of the tracks like? are they in the same vein ?

Swifty :D

It`s a funky/jazz lp if memory serves me...There`s 2 other tracks:i`ve got mine,don`t you know if you like that sort of thing.Came out of Europe and ON double vinyl..I`ll sell it if anyone`s interested...:D

Social source share

I have a copy to sell yes Tony.

I got it in a recent trade and was suprised about the value the "tradee" put on the record.

Just thought I`d check it out.

Chris

I would have thought it was a fair bit more than £35 Chris. Best version by far and a little tricky one to get.

Jordi

Social source share

I would have thought it was a fair bit more than £35 Chris. Best version by far and a little tricky one to get.

Jordi

I agree with Jordi as well Chris..

The more rare version and the better one imo but you don't get the sublime 'You're An Uplift' on the flip as with Bobby Shannon.

Must be £75 - £100 worth.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Well i've got both Shannon and Patterson's versions, and i'm always floating between the two, can never quite decide which one is the superior take?

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I agree with Jordi as well Chris..

The more rare version and the better one imo but you don't get the sublime 'You're An Uplift' on the flip as with Bobby Shannon.

Must be £75 - £100 worth.

...'S okay, lads, you don't have to bump the price up any more, we've done the deal now!:sweatingbullets::hatsoff2::thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert