No More Games - Larry Wedgeworth & Clique On Groovehall

Ian Dewhirst

No More Games - Larry Wedgeworth & Clique Groovehall Records 1980

Yep, finally managed to get a handful of copies of this Modern anthem from one of the original producers. For those who don't know the story behind it, this record was originally produced in anticipation of the Boston Celtics basketball team winning a key match. However, the records got pressed in Chile and took an age to reach the U.S. by which time the Boston Celtics had been bounced out of the final, so basically the records got there too late to be sold! The majority of 'em were dumped and the producers ended up with a box or two each at the time. However, that was 30 odd years ago so probably most of the others have been dumped too. Until I bumped into one of the producers before Xmas and he said he may have a few copies knocking around at his parents place in the U.S......

Well, true to his word, he turned up today with a handful of copies, so I'll do 'em @ £50 a pop inc P&P if anyone would like a copy. Please PM me and I'll do 'em a first come first served basis.

Best,

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Brings back great, great Morecambe Pier memories for me Ian.

Looked for one for ages and finally picked it up quite recently, not for 50 quid I hasten to add so one or two are gonna get a bargain here

atb

Phil

Yep, sold about 8 or 9 and down to the last few now, so pretty popular by the looks of it. I don't think it's that easy to find........

Ian D :thumbsup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Wow. Plenty of fans of this tune which is great 'cos it's a crowd-pleasing killer at the right venues. :yes:

If everyone follows through on their orders, then we're literally down to the last half-dozen copies which will go to dealers who want 'em. So last chance saloon for anyone who wants to snag one now at this price.

I just KNOW I'll be kicking myself in 3 months time when everyone is screaming for a copy LOL. Saw it happen with Gayle Adams "Baby I Need Your Loving" and "Party Time Man" - The Futures and this feels kinda similar........

Wish I had a quid for everytime I've said this over the years! :yes:

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!