Kent Label Compilation Lps

Soul16

Hi all,

I was an avid buyer of Kent LPs in the 1980s and have about 80 of them. I was playing through some them over the weekend and wondered if anyone could answer the following questions?

How many of the first LP 'For Dancers Only' were pressed on red vinyl?

How many of 'KENT 50' were pressed on purple vinyl and came with the poster?

I won't ask which ones are considered to be the best, because that's probably been asked a hundred times before.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think there would have been about a thousand of each on the coloured vinyls (002 on yellow as well). They sold all over the world so are probably quite scarce now.

Thanks Ady,

I had no idea that Kent 002 came out on yellow vinyl, I obviously didn't get out and buy it quick enough.

They were great LPs, by the time they reached Kent 006, I placed a 'Standing Order' at my local record shop - 'Sounds Around' in Kidderminster.

Social source share

As a collector Kent LPs were a great intro to many awesome records. Made me get up to see how many we have (about 30). My copy of 001 is on black, my copy of 050 is on purple but sans poster.

That's interesting, I assumed that the poster would have been with all the purple copies.

I agree, Kent tracks often were the place I first heard some great records.

Social source share

Great questions Andy. Like many others the Kent Lps were a big part of my introduction to the scene.

Funny, i dug a few out the other day looking for something different to play on my radio show. Looking at the Lp covers and reading Adys excellent sleeve notes brought back a lot of memories.

Chris

The sound quality was always top notch and the sleeve notes were insightful and witty - the same is true today via their CDs. In fact I buy most of those too, old habits die hard.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert