Price Guide For Lp's

JOE TORQUAY

HI

I WONDER HAS THERE EVER BEEN A PRICE GUIDE FOR UK OR USA LP's

OR A WHAT RARE LP'S TO LOOK OUT FOR GUIDE,I NEVER KNOW WHAT A FAIR PRICE FOR AN LP IS AS PRICE'S ON MOST SEEM TO BE UP AND DOWN LIKE A YO-YO,

IF THERE AREN'T ANY PERHAPS IT'S TIME FOR ONE AS CD'S SEEM TO BE ON THE WAY OUT,

LP#S MIGHT BE MAKING A COMEBACK FOR COLLECTING,

JOE.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I hope one never comes out. Personally the singles guides have done nothing for the general buyer and have just help line dealers pockets. Whether you like popsike and collectors frenzy or not it does give an indication of what it sold for in an open market and knowlegable people on here are always willing to help people out on here. The soul music buying community seemed to survive for quite a few years before them.

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

HI

I WONDER HAS THERE EVER BEEN A PRICE GUIDE FOR UK OR USA LP's

OR A WHAT RARE LP'S TO LOOK OUT FOR GUIDE,I NEVER KNOW WHAT A FAIR PRICE FOR AN LP IS AS PRICE'S ON MOST SEEM TO BE UP AND DOWN LIKE A YO-YO,

IF THERE AREN'T ANY PERHAPS IT'S TIME FOR ONE AS CD'S SEEM TO BE ON THE WAY OUT,

LP#S MIGHT BE MAKING A COMEBACK FOR COLLECTING,

JOE.

lps never went away for collecting. many more people collect lps than 45s. it just doesn't appear that way if you are focused on northern soul

Social source share

lps never went away for collecting. many more people collect lps than 45s. it just doesn't appear that way if you are focused on northern soul

hi,

thanks for replys,

it wasen't so much just the prices i'm after, but which ones to look for in the first place, the one's with rare singles on them or just great tracks,

i've got lists with motown lp's but there muct be thousands on other lables that i've probably never heard of,

joe.

Social source share

hi,

thanks for replys,

it wasen't so much just the prices i'm after, but which ones to look for in the first place, the one's with rare singles on them or just great tracks,

i've got lists with motown lp's but there muct be thousands on other lables that i've probably never heard of,

joe.

There have been various threads on great LP's or LP only tracks which always unearth great finds and has also highlighted tracks on LP's that I already own that I've missed.

There's a top 1,000 LP's to listen to before you die thread on EMS, but that seems to have died a bit.

Why don't you start up a new thread, I'm sure it will be very interesting and again pop up some crackers?

Here is a top 100 LP article written by John Lias and came out in Voices #14 in 1990

John Lias Top 100 LP's - Voices 14 (1990).pdf

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi John, its an interesting 100 list, some great LP's but don't you feel there are so many missing, ok its an authors choice, but no Spread Love, Ray Alexander, Alice Clark etc, etc.

Social source share

Here is a top 100 LP article written by John Lias and came out in Voices #14 in 1990

Thanks for putting that up John. I always emjoy reading those type of lists. It's quite southern soul biased but I guess that's his favourite type of soul. It's funny to see LPs I've got in there that I've never considered putting in a top LP list such as Bobby Womack "Womagic" and The Dells vs. the Dramatics. I'll have to dig them out and give them a thorough listen again.

Social source share

As a collector of Soul L.Ps (especially 60's) it would be nice to have a sort of dicography with colour photos of the covers and highlight the tracks to look out for, I spoke with John Manship about this ages ago and it's something he could put together, or Tim from Manchester (Anglo American). Not necessary as a price guide but a guide.

Social source share

As a collector of Soul L.Ps (especially 60's) it would be nice to have a sort of dicography with colour photos of the covers and highlight the tracks to look out for, I spoke with John Manship about this ages ago and it's something he could put together, or Tim from Manchester (Anglo American). Not necessary as a price guide but a guide.

I was thinking the same thing, as a large coffee table type book, the cover artwork alone would provide a stunning book, will give JM a nudge on this one.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I'm pretty sure there's a japanese rare soul LP coffee table book

hi, thanks for replies,

coffee table books look a good idea,

but it would likely only be a top hundred or so,

we could do with an a -to- z really with everthing you could think of,

maybe a montly soul magazine maybe for lp's only,

nothing fancy then more people would or could buy it ??,

joe.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source