Willie Hutch R.i.p

• Replies 24
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

That's shocking news, does anyone have any more details on this very sad news.

Mark Bicknell

Very sad news only 60 years of age, just read on News Channel 3 he died last night at home in Dallas laugh.gif

Social source share

Big favorite in the page houehold. God bless and hope he has gone to a better place :yes:

sad news

https://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=3872802

MEMPHIS- Millions of R&B and Motown fans are mourning the loss of Willie Hutch. The soul singer and songwriter died last night at his home in Dallas, Texas. The cause of death has not yet been released. Hutch was 60-years old.

Social source share

Anyone who spent time with Willie at Fleetwood a few years back or experienced him live on stage there will know how nice he was.

As someone said to me this year- cherish them while you can.

Social source share

Anyone who spent time with Willie at Fleetwood a few years back or experienced him live on stage there will know how nice he was.

Agreed Simon. Remember his from Fleetwood and having a chat with him lovely man, so sad

Social source share

A great loss indeed! Willie Hutch was a prolific writer and producer who produced Brenda Holloway amongst others and wrote loads of stuff with Marc Gordon for Modern Records and Jobete Music (Motown Publisher) in LA. He and Marc were also instrumental in the early success of The Fifth Dimension. I'll be spinning 'I Can't Enough' on Modern in his memory tonight.

TTM

Social source share

Bless him - I know I always profess to be embarrassed that I did The Duck on stage with Willie at Fleetwood (with La Levine, personal choreographer, stage left :thumbsup: ) but I'm left with a very personal memory of one of the Soul greats and I'm really grateful for that.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert