"ohh,it Was Only A Tenner Love"

Guest taylormadesoul

Guest taylormadesoul

it cant just be me that uses this imortal phrase....

gettin home at midday......skint

havin a crafty hours sleep...

"been buying again" she asks

"just a couple, only a tenner each,bargin" you reply

ONLY TO REALIZE THE REAL PRICE IN BLACK FELT-TIP STAREING UP AT HER

OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by taylormadesoul
Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i have been known to supply 45s in a blank sleeve in the past at the request of certain buyers. I have watched the buyer walk back to the wife looking all sheepish a few times. :thumbsup:

i know roger banks always puts the 45s in a brown paper bag.

Shane

Social source share

OUCH  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

:thumbsup:

Funny coz its so true :(

Social source share

i have been known to supply 45s in a blank sleeve in the past at the request of certain buyers. I have watched the buyer walk back to the wife looking all sheepish a few times.  :thumbsup:

Shane

link

You should put yours in a Lidl bag :(

Social source share

I'm gonna have to start doing this. My wife gave me grief yesterday for spending $30 on a 45. And $30 is nothing.

I tried to throw it back by mentioning the salt and pepper shakers she's collected from flea markets, but failed miserably.

So tight-lipped and price-free sleeves may be the way......

Social source share

I'm gonna have to start doing this. My wife gave me grief yesterday for spending $30 on a 45. And $30 is nothing.

I tried to throw it back by mentioning the salt and pepper shakers she's collected from flea markets, but failed miserably.

So tight-lipped and price-free sleeves may be the way......

link

I have been known to ask the seller to cross out the price and put something else whistling.gif

Social source share

link

Better to suffer the earache than to have copies of Gwen Douglass posted to work and then leave them in the boot in the baking heat. Warped to hell whistling.gif Still never mind got another one now :)

Social source share

Guest mattmale

"Why does it say 150 on the sleeve!?"

"Er... that must be the dealer's way of keeping track of where it comes in the box."

whistling.gif

The trick is letting your missus buy what she wants clothes-wise and then there can be no comeback when you get back from a nighter with £60 worth of records, since you dress like Worzel Gummage and never spend money on clothes.

It's also all about timing. I bought my wife a new bag and a top she'd had her eye on at the weekend and then dropped into the conversation how much i'd spent at Keele.

It gets a bit trickier when you get into 3 figures.... :D see above. :)

Matt

Edited by mattmale
Social source share

link

I wish I had a pound for every time ive said that :)

My bigist problem is the missis isnt into northern and can not understand why I would want to own any of the records that I own

Just down load them from Kassa like the kids do

whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

You're missus has obviously met mine and some of my mates! whistling.gif

link

but hang on.........the following weekend you get this ........

the wife comes after a 10 hour shopping spree...

"look at this top ive bought only £20 ,bargin dont ya think"

you reply "so whats in the other bags ?"

"well you need a handbag,shoes,jeans,underwear to match"

TOTAL COST = £300.......BARGIN MY ARSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest FreeJimmy

I have been known to ask the seller to cross out the price and put something else  whistling.gif

link

Hi Ged,

The jpg of that 45, you don't happen to have any of Jimmy Gresham's records

do you? Oh excuse me, I'm Carla.. I have need of any of his stuff for

the foundation The Free Jimmy Gresham Foundation, I love Northern Soul.

and this whole scene.

thanks ged.

https://www.saleomatic.com,

You Brits are so sweet!

post-3715-1126549240_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I have had records delivered to other peoples addresses,#

Grief .........all the time,

Mind you love it when they come from the USA as the little green ticket on the front inevitably says $2 for customs declaration purposes and thats what I tell the wife its cost last one was $250 whistling.gif .

I find that if I Hide the bank statements and let her buy some new togs on a sat i get no grief.

Geoooordie

Social source share

just think about this:

if you were doing something more mainstream and acceptable (to boring average uncreative people) like buying/selling/trading stocks and doing well at it, many women would totally get off on bragging to her friends, saying things like "oh he's really playing the stocks well and it seems to be paying off. he's got stocks that are really going up in value, etc. etc." and you would be looked at as important and smart and really business savvy.

some women fail to realize that records, especially northern soul records are an extremely solid investment and perhaps the best way to hide money from the government. i mean 'duh' look at ebay completed auctions-the most valuable single items in the records category are northern soul. my ex-girlfriend thought that everything i did was an utter waste of time and discouraged my every move. what a shallow and narrow minded bitch she was. if i had stacks and stacks of stocks and mutual funds she would have been tickled to death and i would have wasted tons of money on internet stocks and all that useless garbage in the late 90s. i would have lost money when stocks crashed and it would have been acceptable, because it was happening to many yuppie douchebags all around me. oh well, i was too busy loading the trunk of my car with records every weekend. nothing bad happened to me.

my current girlfriend is much more with it, but used to give me a lot of stick about my record obsession too. however in the past year or so, she's seen me turn 10 cents into 1000 dollars on various occasions. she knows by now that i know what i'm doing and that these discarded pieces of sh*t plastic are the key to financial success and i get to stick with what i enjoy. plus i'm always there at home with ebay sales being my only commitments. it sure beats wasting your money on intangible bullsh*t trying save for your future. there it is-a 45 right there in your hand. the money's right there waiting for you whenever you need it. need to put a down payment on a piece of property or a car?...done deal. i don't need some phony guy in a suit lying to my face about how to invest money. yeah i know that "sister james and ace spectrum stocks" are a little low right now, but just look at how your "solomon burke cry to me and mel torme stocks" matured nicely. ben e king records used to be almost worthless too. if you've got 'em you're in a great position now.

hey, if you want to invest your money, buy real estate and rare northern soul records. but you sure can't dance to a house, so keep on buying 45s. let the average guy think you're eccentric while you clean up on the weekend. it takes people years to know what we know.

who are the wise investers? we are! :yes:

KTF

Jas

ps. the "blowing some money on them" technique works like a charm-especially when it frees you up to browse records while they try on clothing. i can make it thorugh about 1000 or more records in one hour i think. a record store should always be in close proximity to a nail salon, a clothing store or a shoe store. that should be some sort of zoning law if someone wants to open a record shop. there should be some sort of understanding between those business owners. :thumbsup:

Social source share

yes ged, absolutely. so when you need that copy of "i get the sweetest feeling" by jackie wilson that i paid $1.00 for-i'll let you have it for $4.00. wicked.gif no worries at all. i've already made some sweet profit at that point so when i get your $4.00 for that 45, I'll be off to Taco Bell for some lunch.

wicked.gif:P:P:lol::P:P

KTF

Jas

Social source share

I suppose I'm rather lucky in one respect. Jo knows EXACLY how much a record is worth, so no fooling her there, but fortunatly she spends as much on 'em as I do! wicked.gif

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

I suppose I'm rather lucky in one respect. Jo knows EXACLY how much a record is worth, so no fooling her there, but fortunatly she spends as much on 'em as I do! wicked.gif

link

IS THAT WHERE THE PHRASE

AVIN YA CAKE AND EATIN IT comes in.................................

Social source share

IS THAT WHERE THE PHRASE

AVIN YA CAKE AND EATIN IT comes in.................................

link

"Mmm, yum, chomp, slurp" Sorry, can't speak, mouth full of cake! wicked.gifwicked.gif

Social source share

just think about this:

if you were doing something more mainstream and acceptable (to boring average uncreative  people) like buying/selling/trading stocks and doing well at it, many women would totally get off on bragging to her friends, saying things like "oh he's really playing the stocks well and it seems to be paying off. he's got stocks that are really going up in value, etc. etc." and you would be looked at as important and smart and really business savvy.

some women fail to realize that records, especially northern soul records are an extremely solid investment and perhaps the best way to hide money from the government. i mean 'duh' look at ebay completed auctions-the most valuable single items in the records category are northern soul. my ex-girlfriend thought that everything i did was an utter waste of time and discouraged my every move. what a shallow and narrow minded bitch she was. if i had stacks and stacks of stocks and mutual funds she would have been tickled to death and i would have wasted tons of money on internet stocks and all that useless garbage in the late 90s. i would have lost money when stocks crashed and it would have been acceptable, because it was happening to many yuppie douchebags all around me. oh well, i was too busy loading the trunk of my car with records every weekend. nothing bad happened to me.

my current girlfriend is much more with it, but used to give me a lot of stick about my record obsession too. however in the past year or so, she's seen me turn 10 cents into 1000 dollars on various occasions. she knows by now that i know what i'm doing and that these discarded pieces of sh*t plastic are the key to financial success and i get to stick with what i enjoy. plus i'm always there at home with ebay sales being my only commitments. it sure beats wasting your money on intangible bullsh*t trying save for your future. there it is-a 45 right there in your hand. the money's right there waiting for you whenever you need it. need to put a down payment on a piece of property or a car?...done deal. i don't need some phony guy in a suit lying to my face about how to invest money. yeah i know that "sister james and ace spectrum stocks" are a little low right now, but just look at how your "solomon burke cry to me and mel torme stocks" matured nicely. ben e king records used to be almost worthless too. if you've got 'em you're in a great position now.

hey, if you want to invest your money, buy real estate and rare northern soul records. but you sure can't dance to a house, so keep on buying 45s. let the average guy think you're eccentric while you clean up on the weekend. it takes people years to know what we know.

who are the wise investers? we are! wicked.gif

KTF

Jas

ps. the "blowing some money on them" technique works like a charm-especially when it frees you up to browse records while they try on clothing. i can make it thorugh about 1000 or more records in one hour i think. a record store should always be in close proximity to a nail salon, a clothing store or a shoe store. that should be some sort of zoning law if someone wants to open a record shop. there should be some sort of understanding between those business owners. wicked.gif

link

Jason,

You need to get out to soul "dos" a bit more Mate! :lol:

Regards,

Dave

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com/homepage.html

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

wicked.gif

"Mmm, yum, chomp, slurp" Sorry, can't speak, mouth full of cake! wicked.gif   :lol:

link

NICE ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by taylormadesoul
Social source share

i have been known to supply 45s in a blank sleeve in the past at the request of certain buyers. I have watched the buyer walk back to the wife looking all sheepish a few times.  wicked.gif

Shane

link

Yes he always did with mine .... that's how I lost my house wicked.gif

Social source share

Well...i got only one do to attend and that's yours Dave. been waiting months so it better be good.

i'd love to go to a do at least once a week but... helloo!!!! i live in motherf**king FLORIDA!!!!!!

KTF

Jas

UK people are damn lucky! Got a night on everywhere constantly. Sucks over here. Probably more northern nights going on in Siberia.

Social source share

I suppose I'm rather lucky in one respect. Jo knows EXACLY how much a record is worth, so no fooling her there, but fortunatly she spends as much on 'em as I do! :yes:

link

I knew it...I bloody knew it, billytheboot and I had made a comment that after hearing your set one night it was too good for you and Jo must have pre picked the set at home and let you have all the Glory :ohmy::yes::P

Well done Jo :unsure: not seen you both for ages hoping to get to the next harrogate night

Geeooooooordie

Social source share

link

...............but the thing is when you are ONLY buying cheap 45's its perhaps hard for your other half to believe you, particuarly when I'm always saying how much some of the records I used to have are now......Constellations "I Dont Know About You" for example. (Sold for £20.......now a little more...) :yes:

Most of the time the stuff I buy from e bay costs as much in postage as the record itself but its so easy to do if you watch the records ending soon section, click and buy on a lunchtime maybe, but then it arrives from the states and you know it was $7 plus postage but could be £400 in your other halfs mind.......... :unsure:

Then again when you buy 70 records a week its does add :ohmy::yes: up

Social source share

I knew it...I bloody knew it, billytheboot and I had made a comment that after hearing your set one night it was too good for you and Jo must have pre picked the set at home and let you have all the Glory :yes:   :ohmy:   :yes:

Well done Jo  :unsure:   not seen you both for ages hoping to get to the next harrogate night

Geeooooooordie

link

AAArrghhh foiled again! if it wasn't for you meddling kids, I would have got away with it! :P:(

Actualy mate, I get LOADS of stick from Jo for NOT playing the tunes she picks! :yes:

The records Jo gets that I like, mysteriously become 'ours' while the ones I get that Jo likes, somehow remain 'mine' :D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I suppose I'm rather lucky in one respect. Jo knows EXACLY how much a record is worth, so no fooling her there, but fortunatly she spends as much on 'em as I do! :D

Ermmmm snapski Trev Ali would just never wear the old this was only a tenner trick even though i'm sure she try's it on me sometimes :D:(:D

Social source share

Ermmmm snapski Trev Ali would just never wear the old this was only a tenner trick even though i'm sure she try's it on me sometimes :D:(:D

But surely non of those disco records you collect are worth more than 50p, so you'd be hard pressed to convince Ali that it was worth a tenner anyway!!! :D:D

Social source share

I've given up lying about the price of records to my better half, so when the bank statement arrives, i revert to the old "Indian Navajo" trick of.......

SCREAMING AND BEGGING...

Brett

Edited by Brett
Social source share

I've given up lying about the price of records to my better half, so when the bank statement arrives, i revert to the old "Indian Navajo" trick of.......

SCREAMING AND BEGGING...

Brett

:lol::P:lol: quality cochise

i meticulously write down everything on my cheque stubs but just put the decimal point in the wrong place

that way she stays happy and i can remember what i paid because i'd have a hard time otherwise!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert