3 Wants

MarkWhiteley

Howdy folks ranting_1.gif been after these 3 for a long time but always forget to put on wants lists..

Clarence Townsend "I found a love" (Clara)

Tony Troutman "What's the use" (Jerri)

Rotations "I can't find her" (Debrossard)

Cash or trades available. Offlist please to l_l_m_w@hotmail.co.uk or send a PM.

Ta!

Billy

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Howdy folks smile.gif been after these 3 for a long time but always forget to put on wants lists..

Differences "Five minutes" (Mon'ca)

Clarence Townsend "I found a love" (Clara)

Tony Troutman "What's the use" (Jerri)

Cash or trades available. Offlist please to l_l_m_w@hotmail.co.uk or send a PM.

Ta!

Billy

link

Don't know the Clarence Townsend - good ???? The 70s Clara label I presume ??

Girf

Social source share

ahh it's superb - probably in my ALL TIME top 10. Great voice, great uptempo beat, just a superb record :thumbsup: ..and no it's from late 60s. Having PC troubles else I'd send you an mp3. Chalky or Chris H might have one.

link

can hear it as part of a Russ Vickers sixpack from 2000 in old 6 pacs section

here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...cmd=si&img=2764

its first track, after radio annoucer, smile on your face stuff, snake charmer intro , just right for a sunday morning beer.gif

now who was that dj who a couple of years ago tried to claim this as his discovery and said was a example of how he is going to rescue northern scene yes.gif

Social source share

ahh it's superb - probably in my ALL TIME top 10. Great voice, great uptempo beat, just a superb record beer.gif ..and no it's from late 60s. Having PC troubles else I'd send you an mp3. Chalky or Chris H might have one.

link

It is probably late 60's like you say, but I think it might just as well be from the very early 70's. Don't know of anything else on the label, seems like a totally independent thing, from Greenville, Missisippi (the major northern soul metropolis yes.gif ). I always find top 10's and such difficult but I personally think it is definitely of "top ten quality". Surprising that it has not gone big(ger) yet, probably due to lack of exposure and a shortage of copies in circulation. IMO it has perfect NS beat, superb sparse production, breaks/changes in all the right places, soulful, raw and a bit odd sounding voice (a bit like Jimmie Raye or something). I often compare it to tunes like Ronnie McNeir "Sitting In My Class" and George Hobson "Let It Be Real" which I think have a similar type of sound, and I think CT is just as good or perhaps even better. I am quite sure it was pressed at the same plant as Tommy Soul on Gaslight BTW, something I am sure many will find intriguing, not... :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Source Advert