Matt Lucas

Looking at Manships auctions, he has a copy of Matt Lucas and says that it's never been booted. Yet deep in the recesses of my befuddled mind I seem to recall a warning in a Soul Time mag in about 1977 that there had been some pressings done in the States and they'd been seen over here. I take it the run-out groove will hold the answer - what's on a genuine copy?

Hippo.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I got one of these a couple of years back when I found 'The Matt Lucas Fan Club' on the net - so I wrote to them and asked if any members had the record, and it turned out that the president of the fan club was...Matt Lucas. He sold me his only copy for $500. I said can you sign the sleeve and he signed the bloody label in silver pen, so if you hear that record played out and see it with this autograph on, it's that copy. I sold it for £700 to - bugger, forgot, from Lowton way...anyway in answer to your question...can't remember what was in the run off!

Social source share

Looking at Manships auctions, he has a copy of Matt Lucas and says that it's never been booted. Yet deep in the recesses of my befuddled mind I seem to recall a warning in a Soul Time mag in about 1977 that there had been some pressings done in the States and they'd been seen over here. I take it the run-out groove will hold the answer - what's on a genuine copy?

Hippo.

link

hi jerry

looking at one now there is sk4m-2524-1 scratched in the run out also on both sides there are 2 small impressions that look like the top and bottom of I with the vertical bar removed if that makes sense pm me and we can talk on the phone if you wish

Best

ted

Social source share

May be wrong but always thought copies of these were pressed up for a convention

& never got a issued to the public.

the issue number of this 45 is out of sinc with the rest of the issues on the label, lot rarer 45 than people think it.

PS sold yours copy to Kev Murphy pete.

Cheers Ian

Social source share

Hippo.

link

You may be talking about an early edition of Blackbeat or even Northern Line Hippo. Kev Griffin got this information about it being pressed up for the B side from....erm.... John Manship....No seriously I cannot recall who told him that but it may have been John. Who was it said that "I've forgotten more than I can care to remember" ? shades.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert