Online Soul Shows

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

there seem to be various on line soul shows popping up all the time

wouldnt mind checking as many out as possible

if you know of one, why not post it up so we can all have a listen.....

Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If you like a bit of everything from Soulful House, Soulful 80's, Northern, Modern and Crossover and just great Soul Music full stop you could a lot worse than check out the Original Mastercuts show on www.starpointradio.com LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00. Duties are shared between myself and Alan Champ and all my shows are posted here:-

There the last few years worth of shows and you can still get the last 6 shows by clicking on the latest links!

Happy Listening!

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

If you like a bit of everything from Soulful House, Soulful 80's, Northern, Modern and Crossover and just great Soul Music full stop you could a lot worse than check out the Original Mastercuts show on www.starpointradio.com LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00. Duties are shared between myself and Alan Champ and all my shows are posted here:-

There the last few years worth of shows and you can still get the last 6 shows by clicking on the latest links!

Happy Listening!

Ian D :thumbsup:

cheers Ian, that should keep me going for a while :lol:

Social source share

The "Record Room" show is broadcast on www.stapointradio.com every Friday lunchtime 1pm-2pm

Here's last Friday's playlist to give you a flavour of the show, a link to the download can be found in the Soul video/Audio source forum, look for my thread.

Hope you can listen, if not dowload it and listen at your leisure.

Johnny.

Record Room (Starpointradio) 07-01-11

1.Richard Popcorn Wylie-I can take the world on with you (ABC)

2.Sharon Ridley-Where did you learn (Sussex)

3.Billy Cee-I'm doing fine (GSF)

4.Charles Williiams-Standing in the way (Lifesaver)

5.Deon Jackson-I can't do without you (Carla)

6.Debbie Taylor-Never gonna let him know (GWP)

7.Mildred Clark-Keep trying (ABC Peacock)

8.Deon Jackson-I'll always love you (Shout)

9.Willie Walker-If you never see me (Kent CD)

10.The Ebonies-You got what I want (Midwest)

11.Fontella Bass-Lucky in love (Checker)

12.Deon Jackson-When your love has gone (Carla)

13.Margo Thunder-Mama you're all right with me (Haven)

14.Lamont Dozier-The picture will never change (Invictus)

15.Freddie Waters-You promised me (T Jaye)

16.Nate Evans-This time with Feeling (DPR)

17.Jewel Bass-Let your love rain down on me (Malaco)

18.Sylvia St James-Better Things (Elektra)

Social source share

I started my show on www.thisisthecat.com a couple of months ago and thought long and hard about the musical policy. Really i wanted to play a bit of everything and appeal to as broard an audience as possible. I decided to keep it simple, in the first hour I play 60s Northern, classics, rare stuff all mixed together and in the second hour I play 70s/crossover.

In the next few weeks i am going to start having some guests in the studio to play their top 6 records, find out a bit about them, their history, influences etc. To start with the guests will be local soul "faces" but anyone who wants to come on will be more than welcome...just get in touch.

The show runs every Sunday 17.00 til 19.00 on www.thisisthecat.com. If you are listening please drop me an email on studio@thisisthecat.com. You can also listen to the last show anytime by clicking the "Listen again" feature on the website www.thisisthecat.com

If you run an event and want a plug please email the info to chris.soul@btinternet.com as long as it is localish to Crewe/Nantwich I`ll give it a mention...or even better come onto the show to plug your gig!

Chris

Edited by Chris Anderton
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

I started my show on www.thisisthecat.com a couple of months ago and thought long and hard about the musical policy. Really i wanted to play a bit of everything and appeal to as broard an audience as possible. I decided to keep it simple, in the first hour I play 60s Northern, classics, rare stuff all mixed together and in the second hour I play 70s/crossover.

In the next few weeks i am going to start having some guests in the studio to play their top 6 records, find out a bit about them, their history, influences etc. To start with the guests will be local soul "faces" but anyone who wants to come on will be more than welcome...just get in touch.

The show runs every Sunday 17.00 til 19.00 on www.thisisthecat.com. If you are listening please drop me an email on studio@thisisthecat.com. You can also listen to the last show anytime by clicking the "Listen again" feature on the website www.thisisthecat.com

If you run an event and want a plug please email the info to chris.soul@btinternet.com as long as it is localish to Crewe/Nantwich I`ll give it a mention...or even better come onto the show to plug your gig!

Chris

it was listening to that whilst at work that prompted to ask the question, couldnt seem to get the allnighter show to work properly though, but thats probably just me, thoroughly enjoyed listening chris, cheers

Social source share

How about a Scottish perspective?

https://www.subcity.org/shows/soulfulallsorts/ with Fraser Dunn every Saturday 14:00 - 16:00hrs

https://www.leithfm.co.uk/schedule/ Every Tuesday evening

Soulville with George ReidWhenTue, 18 January, 20:30 - 22:00 DescriptionSoulville is a blend of all things soulful with hint of jazz. If you are the least bit interested in any kind of real black music be it soul, jazz, disco, boogie, funk, gospel, crossover, northern, latin, house, rare groove, or whatever it's called this week (organic soul crops up a lot now) then this is the show must you not miss.more details» copy to my calenda

gary

Social source share

sean chapman does a show on a small welsh radio station close to his home,you can get him on line every wednesday night 8 till 10 on GTFM,just google it...click on' listen on line.'.then cut and paste the bottom link into the 'open' bar in 'file' on your screen...good show with a bit of everything...listeners from everywhere...lots of texting going on and will advertise your night too..

dean

Edited by spacehopper
Social source share

it was listening to that whilst at work that prompted to ask the question, couldnt seem to get the allnighter show to work properly though, but thats probably just me, thoroughly enjoyed listening chris, cheers

Cheers Andy, its nice to know when people are listening. The station are happy with the show..its right up there with their top listened to shows already.

Really appreciate you listening mate.

Chris

Social source share

I run a show called Soul Time with my mate Tony Gordon. Its Saturday 6pm - 8pm at www.afro-disiac.co.uk\live

Its northern based but we include anything else we fancy as long as its soul. You can also join the chat room and talk to other listeners or comment on the show.

Past shows can be found on Ustream.

Hope you can listen in.

All the best

Mike Lefkon

Social source share

We don't have a regular one, but are on the excellent 'Soul People' - Solar Radio this sunday, 10am-12am. This grew out of the highly acclaimed Sunday Soul Selection - Shaun Robbins show. Guest presenters ever week, which provides a dynamic varied selection of cool soul music. https://www.solarradio.com/sunday.aspx

See site profile below.....

Playing the Best/Rarest and In-demand 70s, Modern Soul, Crossover, plus Classic 60s & 70s Floor-Fillers.

From initially what was known as a quiet spot on Sunday mornings on Solar, the dedication that Shaun Robbins put in to his 'Sunday Soul Selection' made the show essential listening giving us 5 years of fantastic soul music.

By the time Shaun stepped down in May 2009 the show had become one of the most successful in Solar Radio's history.

The search then began for someone who could carry the mantle forward and make sure the quality of the music would continue.

Head honcho Kenny Mac from 'True Soul' was approached: "I was a bit apprehensive at first because of the success of Shaun's show and the following he had created all over the UK and Europe I approached Steve Jeffries from RareNorthenSoul.com who knows everyone who is anyone in the soul scene.

We then came up with a name 'Soul People' to play to people who enjoy quality black modern and crossover soul music. After a bit of a shaky start the rest they say is history!

The Soul People shows have gone from strength to strength and now stand out as one of the most popular and successful radio shows on Solar along with its sister show 'True Soul'.

In Steve Jeffries words "We will continue pushing the boundaries for quality soul music."

The final word goes to Kenny Mac: 'Every Sunday on Soul People with the fantastic DJ rosta we have now, we get the most amazing response worldwide'

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

We don't have a regular one, but are on the excellent 'Soul People' - Solar Radio this sunday, 10am-12am. This grew out of the highly acclaimed Sunday Soul Selection - Shaun Robbins show. Guest presenters ever week, which provides a dynamic varied selection of cool soul music. https://www.solarradio.com/sunday.aspx

See site profile below.....

Playing the Best/Rarest and In-demand 70s, Modern Soul, Crossover, plus Classic 60s & 70s Floor-Fillers.

From initially what was known as a quiet spot on Sunday mornings on Solar, the dedication that Shaun Robbins put in to his 'Sunday Soul Selection' made the show essential listening giving us 5 years of fantastic soul music.

By the time Shaun stepped down in May 2009 the show had become one of the most successful in Solar Radio's history.

The search then began for someone who could carry the mantle forward and make sure the quality of the music would continue.

Head honcho Kenny Mac from 'True Soul' was approached: "I was a bit apprehensive at first because of the success of Shaun's show and the following he had created all over the UK and Europe I approached Steve Jeffries from RareNorthenSoul.com who knows everyone who is anyone in the soul scene.

We then came up with a name 'Soul People' to play to people who enjoy quality black modern and crossover soul music. After a bit of a shaky start the rest they say is history!

The Soul People shows have gone from strength to strength and now stand out as one of the most popular and successful radio shows on Solar along with its sister show 'True Soul'.

In Steve Jeffries words "We will continue pushing the boundaries for quality soul music."

The final word goes to Kenny Mac: 'Every Sunday on Soul People with the fantastic DJ rosta we have now, we get the most amazing response worldwide'

have picked the show up a few times when i've been round other peoples house, never having had skytv i have always missed out. will certainly be tuning in from now on, do you know if there is any way of listening back to old shows dave?

Social source share

have picked the show up a few times when i've been round other peoples house, never having had skytv i have always missed out. will certainly be tuning in from now on, do you know if there is any way of listening back to old shows dave?

Many of the guest put up file shares on another site with 'Modern' in it's name wink.gif, the main web does have some pod casts to listen again, check that. But you can stream live on the day through the stations site or there is a itunes ap, what ever that means :D

Social source share

How about a Scottish perspective?

https://www.subcity.o...oulfulallsorts/ with Fraser Dunn every Saturday 14:00 - 16:00hrs

https://www.leithfm.co.uk/schedule/ Every Tuesday evening

Soulville with George ReidWhenTue, 18 January, 20:30 - 22:00 DescriptionSoulville is a blend of all things soulful with hint of jazz. If you are the least bit interested in any kind of real black music be it soul, jazz, disco, boogie, funk, gospel, crossover, northern, latin, house, rare groove, or whatever it's called this week (organic soul crops up a lot now) then this is the show must you not miss.more details» copy to my calenda

gary

George's Soulville is one of the longest running first appearing on Fresh Air FM in the nineties I think and now transferred to LeithFM.

Fraser started off on radiomagnetic and is on Subcity live Saturdays 2 to 4 and on listen again anytime

We use Soul Source's radio page and our servers tell us we're getting hits so I'd recommend it.

Social source share

I put weekly links to the Solar Radio 'Soul People' show (Sundays 10am-Midday) (uploaded by Zane Hunter from that other forum with 'Modern' in the title wink.gif ) on my radio page on me web site www.soulmusic.co.uk/radio.htm

On the same page, I also put a weekly link to my other fave Solar Radio show 'A Taste of Soul' by Eddy Edmondson (Sundays 8pm-10pm) (uploaded by Eddy from his own web site)

Both shows can be downloaded at will whenever you want!

Both shows recommended if you like 60's, 70's Soul Music!

Here's a bit more blurb from me newsletter page

Soul People

EVERY Sunday 10am to 12 Midday (GMT)

Quality Soul from across the decades is the order of the day

although majoring in 70's Soul with many of the UK's top DJ's playing each week.

2011 sees the following guest DJ's rotating throughout the year

Kenny Mac, Gary Dennis, Steve Plumb & Barry Maleady, Terry Jones, Steve & Lee Jeffries, Shaun Robbins plus other great guests like Brian Goucher, John Manship etc etc

Note - The next Barry Maleady/Steve Plumb show is TBE

A Taste of Soul

EVERY Sunday 8pm to 10pm (GMT)

Quality Northern & Modern Soul.

Hosted by Eddy Edmondson (Soul in the Sun)

Eddy also has a regular feature on the show where he showcases a selection of the quality tunes to be found on www.soulmusic.co.uk

I'll be standing in again for Eddy on Sunday 30th January 2011

Solar Radio can be found on www.solarradio.com

OR on the Sky Channel 0129

If you are out on Sunday's, why not Sky+ it and listen to it later!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

We don't have a regular one, but are on the excellent 'Soul People' - Solar Radio this sunday, 10am-12am.

I'll be tuned in tomorrow Dave & Malaika :rolleyes:

Great to see you back on 'Soul People'

The telly in the bedroom goes on every Sunday morning at 10am without fail and tomorrow will be no exception!

No 'faux pas' this time eh Dave :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Soul Discovery

presented by

Mick O'Donnell

Up front Soul, Gospel, R'n'B, forgotten gems and

unknowns.... 5 decades of Soul.

Sky Digital Channel 0129

www.solarradio.com

Sunday 6.00pm - 8.00pm UK time

www.cambridgecityradio.co.uk

Wednesday 7.00pm-9.00pm UK time

all podcast & playlists go to www.souldiscovery.co.uk

Some of the Artists interviewed on Soul Discovery:

XXCeption To The Rule,Michael Dunston,

Carmen Hendricks Lawrence Beamen,

William Kooly Scott,Willie Clayton,Garry Grant,

Chapter 8

(Valerie Pinkston, Michael J. Powell,

Gerald Lyles, Vernon D. Fails and Courtlen Hale)

Lenard Brown & Reginald McArthur (The Controllers)

Marcell of Marcell the Truth, Norman Connors, David Sea

Fathers Children, Clarence Dobbins, Ruby Baker,

James Whitney,Kashious, Rene Jones,Michael Henderson

Phil Perry, Howard Hewett, Ron Matlock, Gina Darby

Mikelyn Rodrick, John Wilson, Unified Tribe

Social source share

Apples instructions of what to do are at https://www.apple.com...asts/specs.html :rolleyes:

I'm rarely about to listen and always forget to download any podcasts, iTunes does it all for you.

Many thanks Chalky I'll look into it

I must admit, i tend to listen more to Solar simply cos it's on Sky

However, I do think that being able to download or listen to any radio show you fancy 'after the event' is very attractive, so extra options like iTunes and podcasts are a welcome addition to the hosting options I currently use.

Thanks again

Steve

Social source share

just a note on the "extra options" bit just read

refosoul now can take external links

so if you do offer past or current shows via a mp3 link you can quickly add it to the refosoul radio section - a 5 sec affair

basically it uses the player to play your show via the link while offering all the usual refo features - intergration, search etc

just goto add a clip as usual, on the submit page instead of uploading - click the "Post Youtube or External clip link "

paste link , add some info

and that should be it

your show will then show in all the radio section plus all the usual refosoul places

Social source share

Hi There,

I present a Show every Friday Night 9pm to 11pm on 105.9Bishop FM (105.9FM) to the good Soulies of South West Durham and www.bishopfm.com to the rest of the world!! Its a show of Northern Soul/Motown/Crossover. Previous shows can be listened to again/downloaded from www.myspace.com/mynorthernsoulshow

Edited by magicdave
Social source share

I've just done a 2-hour show on SoulGangRadiofm ( www.soulgangradiofm.com ) - playing a variety of soul styles, goes out every Monday 6 - 8 pm, repeated same time Tuesday and available on listen again for a week. Following me you get Ozz and Tim Ashibende for 2 hours, doing a Detroit special as I type. Colin Curtis does a Wednesday night show. SoulGang is on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Worth a listen.

Nick

Social source share

Three definately worth a listen to -

Ian Dewhirst's Mastercuts on Starpoint Radio , Steve White on Radio Sheffield , and Skip Stuart on Radio Peterborough .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Shades of soul, Banburyinternetradio.com

Tonight 20:00 - 22:00 for the the best in northern soul /motown with Nick 'topsy' Turvey

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert