Tom & Jerrio

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Doesn't sound that old though. Still what a track, love both sides, UK HMV demo, yes please

Yes I was shocked. A Detoit fan in Nottingham just pointed me to an article on Jerrio saying they didn't earn a dime from it because Berry Gordy sued 'em! I'd love to know the details of the case. They were of course a bit ahead of their time!

Social source share

Ady

If my memory serves me correctly the Motown band track that was used was "Do The See Saw" by The Contours, written by Sylvester Potts & Billy Gordon, recorded 20 Nov 1963. Apparently scheduled for an LP 'Dance with The Contours'

I'll have a recording somewhere around here

Andy

Social source share

The ABC release was 1965, what's the earliest known recording that utilises this track?

Ady

dont know about the earliest adey, but how many different vocal versions are there and...with totally different lyrics.....just thought, in this respect id point out THE BRONZETTES - BABY DONT LEAVE ME.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Ady

The Motown band track that was used was "Do The See Saw" by The Contours, written by Sylvester Potts & Billy Gordon, recorded 20 Nov 1963. Apparently scheduled for an LP 'Dance with The Contours'...

...and definitely scheduled for a Kent CD 'Dance With The Contours' in March, along with 23 other previously unissued Contours sides from the 1963-64 period plus 2 previously issued ones - all legally licensed from Motown's nowadays owners Universal...:thumbsup:

Social source share

The ABC release was 1965, what's the earliest known recording that utilises this track?

Ady

Hi Ady

From the posts so far I suspect I may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick when I'm saying that as well as ABC Tom & Jerrio - Boo-Ga-Loo also came out on the local Jerry-O label #110 unsure.gif

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert