Any Budding Djs

Guest miff

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wife bought me similar product off amazon Newmark dj in a box for £105. Looks exact same only difference the mixer is black. Everthings included bargain at £65 quid, great for the weekend if your not goin out just stick an amp and speekers in get the records boxes out and off you go. Best xmas present ive had in years.

Social source share

Seems like a great price , i am tempted myself, just a couple of questions, will stylus be included? and i assume it will be belt driven?

Stylus included, they are belt driven, but that is to be expected I suppose.

I think I'm correct in saying that Technics Direct Drive SL 1210 turntables go from Zero to 45rpm in half a revolution, as do most other DD turntables I guess. When it comes to belt driven turntables, I assume that it takes a little longer.

Of course, the Technics, being in a different league in build quality, will also sound far superior - but for £65, I'm happy to let my kids play around with them, though not in conjunction with my Northern Soul records... :lol:

Social source share

Stylus included, they are belt driven, but that is to be expected I suppose.

I think I'm correct in saying that Technics Direct Drive SL 1210 turntables go from Zero to 45rpm in half a revolution, as do most other DD turntables I guess. When it comes to belt driven turntables, I assume that it takes a little longer.

Of course, the Technics, being in a different league in build quality, will also sound far superior - but for £65, I'm happy to let my kids play around with them, though not in conjunction with my Northern Soul records... :lol:

Thanks for the answer, any idea how quickly the belt driven ones take to get to coorcet speed, by the way I have just ordered one, disco coming to a front room near you very soon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi if they are belt drive why have they got a pitch control ???????

They are belt driven, and the pitch control has nothing to do with weather the deck is belt driven or direct drive the speed is controled by the DC motor, the pitch control is just a variable resister, used to control the the voltage level to the motor thus rasing or lowering the speed of the motor and drive to the turntable :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks for the answer, any idea how quickly the belt driven ones take to get to coorcet speed, by the way I have just ordered one, disco coming to a front room near you very soon :thumbsup:

No idea they are all diferant when you get yours you will have to play around with it, you need to "cue up" the recored before you play it, place you chosen 45 on the turntable then put the staylus in the run in groves, then wind the disc forward till the music starts, listening through the headphones, then wind the disc back 1 to 2 revaloutins then play the recored through the amp and spaekers, whilst thats playing "cue up" the next disc

you will soon figure out how many times you have to turn your discs back to get it right

apoligies if your allready know that not trying to teach any one to suck eggs

Social source share

Bought one for my son super quick delivery as well, played it through my hi fi and he loves it, does anyone know of a cheap amp and speakers i can buy for him?

You can get a cheep amp & speakers from Maplins

Social source share

No idea they are all diferant when you get yours you will have to play around with it, you need to "cue up" the recored before you play it, place you chosen 45 on the turntable then put the staylus in the run in groves, then wind the disc forward till the music starts, listening through the headphones, then wind the disc back 1 to 2 revaloutins then play the recored through the amp and spaekers, whilst thats playing "cue up" the next disc

you will soon figure out how many times you have to turn your discs back to get it right

apoligies if your allready know that not trying to teach any one to suck eggs

really not good for styrene :D

Social source share

really not good for styrene :D

True, but once you get used to the decks you get to know where to put the needle but its just as you start t difficult to judge, and theres nothing worse then miss cueing in front of an audiance :D

Social source share

True, but once you get used to the decks you get to know where to put the needle but its just as you start t difficult to judge, and theres nothing worse then miss cueing in front of an audiance :hatsoff2:

Thats right,,,,just put the needle at the start of the HISS which the back winding has conveniently added to your record the last time. lol

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert