Little Ann - Going Down A One Way Street. Is It The Recording Or My Copy?

Guest elguapo

Guest elguapo

Quick question, I bought a really clean looking copy of this Little Ann record "Going Down a One Way Street the Wrong Way" , but the sound isn't so hot. The band sounds great but Little Ann's vocals are really trebley and blown out. I took a listen to a you tube clip and another file I found and it sounds sort of similar. Anyone know if this is just how the recording sounds or might it be my copy? Her vocals sound really similar to the recordings on the Little Ann - Deep Shadows LP recently put out on Timmons. Any Coincidence?

Littleann.jpg

Edited by elguapo
Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Quick question, I bought a really clean looking copy of this Little Ann record "Going Down a One Way Street the Wrong Way" , but the sound isn't so hot. The band sounds great but Little Ann's vocals are really trebley and blown out. I took a listen to a you tube clip and another file I found and it sounds sort of similar. Anyone know if this is just how the recording sounds or might it be my copy? Her vocals sound really similar to the recordings on the Little Ann - Deep Shadows LP recently put out on Timmons. Any Coincidence?

Littleann.jpg

it might have something to do with the fact that its the same person

Social source share

Guest elguapo

it might have something to do with the fact that its the same person

Well Duh! Of course I know it's the same person! I was commenting on the similarity of how the recordings sounded. Her vocals are really blown out and trebely on both recordings. Sheesh! :no:

Edited by elguapo
Social source share

Guest elguapo

Could be wrong but isn't Little Ann a certain Tina Turner?

Yep, you're wrong.

He's actually right. Ike Turner gave her the stage name of Little Ann when she first started singing with him.

Social source share

Guest elguapo

er, nope! maybe Ike did call Anna May Bullock (Tina Turner) "Little Ann, but this lady is (or saddly was RIP) Ann Bridgeforth and her "Deep Shadows" is a sublime piece of Soul music.

hth

steve

No No! I wasn't suggesting that Little Ann (Tina Turner) was "Deep Shadows" Little Ann, Totally different people.

Social source share

confusion abounds :thumbup:

Your confused?

There's a woman lives just down the round from me, called Ann, and at 4' 10" she ain't very tall - in fact quite a few locals refer to her as 'Little Ann'.

I cannot however confirm that she has ever sung in Detroit, but I did see her sporting a black eye once, so she could indeed be Tina Turner.

Social source share

Your confused?

There's a woman lives just down the round from me, called Ann, and at 4' 10" she ain't very tall - in fact quite a few locals refer to her as 'Little Ann'.

I cannot however confirm that she has ever sung in Detroit, but I did see her sporting a black eye once, so she could indeed be Tina Turner.

But Little Ann wasn't little!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert