Ain't Nothing Like A House Party

Just been invited to a bit of a party in a couple of weeks at some very good friends house, they have invited about thirty people, set of decks bring your tunes, get drunk and have a good session into the wee small hours, play what you want, no agenda, no politics just good music with some real close friends, just wondering if this may be another way to enjoy the music for the future?

Might catch on, one good thing the bar will be open allnight...lol

What do you all think?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just been invited to a bit of a party in a couple of weeks at some very good friends house, they have invited about thirty people, set of decks bring your tunes, get drunk and have a good session into the wee small hours, play what you want, no agenda, no politics just good music with some real close friends, just wondering if this may be another way to enjoy the music for the future?

What do you all think?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Sure the nabours will love it ph34r.gif

Social source share

What do you all think?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Hi Mark

I did this last sat morning after the Lowton mini niter. I went back to a mates house in Warrington for several bevvies and some great tunes, then did it again on Sun morning after 'Soul Salvation' (Nelson) Different house party, but again, great company. Both the after-show parties were brilliant, good company, superb music, plenty of lager. Could have easily turned into an all dayer!

Its an optional way to enjoy the music for sure

cheers

Paul

Social source share

I think you should keep away from the stairs, slippy wooden floors, and any steps or dodgy flags in the garden. ph34r.gif

Just in case like...... :(

link

Twat...lol Mace i gotta go out mate i'm stir crazy and of course will avoid all of the above, Mr Kline on his way mate, sorry for the delay......enjoy and see you soon.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Excellant way to have a party, we do it quite often here, last time was at the daughters 11th Birthday party, after the usual "chart stuff", out came the northern til about 3am, neighbours next door both in their early 7ts said they prefer "our music" to that of other neighbours across the road who had a barbie and was playing "banging music" The elderly couple then stated ours sounded "more mellow" blush.gif

Social source share

Excellant way to have a party, we do it quite often here, last time was at the daughters 11th Birthday party, after the usual "chart stuff", out came the northern til about 3am, neighbours next door both in their early 7ts said they prefer "our music" to that of other neighbours across the road who had a barbie and was playing "banging music" The elderly couple then stated ours sounded "more mellow"  :(

link

Dawn, you can come to my party anytime...then we can make our own home movie....... blush.gif

Regards - Mrk Bicknell.

Social source share

TOP TIP:

Mark - why not play some records, get tanked up on booze then attempt a number of potentially DIY jobs in your house ? Give smug glances to your worried guests and return their jibes with comments like " I've fooked my leg once, no man can be unlucky enough to do it twice in a month !"

blush.gif

Regards

Hammy

Social source share

TOP TIP:

Mark - why not play some records, get tanked up on booze then attempt a number of potentially DIY jobs in your house ?  Give smug glances to your worried guests and return their jibes with comments like " I've fooked my leg once, no man can be unlucky enough to do it twice in a month !"

:tumbleweed3:

Regards

Hammy

link

What a super idea Hammy....must give it a go...lol

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Spent last weekend at soulie's BBQ's and can say we had a brilliant time at both. We quite often go to friends houses, had a lovely champers and cheese weekender at Ali & John's a few weeks ago too :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

What do you all think?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

my pal does it a lot, has a bbq on the patio and we put the speakers out thru the window and have a blast. gotta play some stuff for the kids but hey who cares?

plenty beer and fun. i once fell asleep on the loo with my head on the floor and everyone just went "over" me if you'll forgive the pun. :tumbleweed3:whistling.gif

Social source share

Hi Janine, i go back to hospital on September 3rd so i'm hoping to be back to work a couple of weeks after that, had to cancel several gigs due to the foot so i'm going stir crazy mate, hope to see you soon.

Mark Bicknell.

link

Fingers crossed all goes to plan for you at your next visit :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert