• Replies 19
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest SoulRenaissance

Got a couple on this label which i'll dig out and post details of later. Think it was one of Ernie Stratton's label's, like MIKE? Had a lot of white/ R'n'B artists o them labels.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

i think chico holiday follow the sun is on this label , will have to check once i get into the record boxes later

absolutely correct.........not very good either no.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Pretty sure I have three 45's on the label - the best of which is Jan Foreman's "Your last chance" which is a bit poppy but has a certain appeal. The other two are pretty awful - pretty sure one is the Chico H already mentioned.

Best

John

Anyone got a complete listing for Meadowbrook records please?

Any other information on label, artists etc. greatly appreciated thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Cheers guys thumbsup.gif

Here are the details I have to hand:

Linda Rae - Learn About Love/Gimmie Jimmie (Meadowbrook 1001)

Linda Rae - I Don't See My Baby/I'll Always Remember (Meadowbrook 5412)

Chico Holiday - Follow The Sun/Liza Jane (Meadowbrook - no catalogue number only ZTSC 125708)

Jan Foreman - Your Last Chance/Whenever I'm Without You (Meadowbrook 7221)

Also have details on Sonny Meadow - 'Sometimes I Smile' on Meadowbrook 101 - green label like Chico Holiday but the font on the title is different - is this the same label?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

I have the Linda Rae "I don't see my baby", pressed on the same green label as Chico Holiday. But on vinyl, not styrene and ztsc. Brought it in Dteroit, and was in a plastic sleve with a sticker on the sleeve saying 'Detroit sweetheart'.

Saw a picture of Jan Foreman on one of the Detroit .com threads, she is a black lady, and listed as being a secretary/ clerical worker.

Social source share

Saw a picture of Jan Foreman on one of the Detroit .com threads, she is a black lady, and listed as being a secretary/ clerical worker.

Searched for that thread but couldn't find it - anyone point me in the right direction please? Would be good to see a pic thumbsup.gif

The only 45 I have on Meadowbrook is the Jan Foreman - scan below - the song's a bit cheesy but I love it laugh.gif

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-0-21360800-1295036132_thumb.j

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Searched for that thread but couldn't find it - anyone point me in the right direction please? Would be good to see a pic thumbsup.gif

The only 45 I have on Meadowbrook is the Jan Foreman - scan below - the song's a bit cheesy but I love it laugh.gif

Cheers

Richard

The picture of Jan Foreman was on one of the promo posters that were issued with various members of staff, or artists. So not a promo photo of the artist.

If memory serves me right it was on a thread for Ernie Stratton's labels/ productions/ work, and it was on the old Detroit. com website, not the current site. Possibly 8-10 years ago when the interest in Jan Foreman was peaking?

Martyn

Social source share

The picture of Jan Foreman was on one of the promo posters that were issued with various members of staff, or artists. So not a promo photo of the artist.

If memory serves me right it was on a thread for Ernie Stratton's labels/ productions/ work, and it was on the old Detroit. com website, not the current site. Possibly 8-10 years ago when the interest in Jan Foreman was peaking?

Martyn

thought the old Detroit site was available in the archive?

Social source share

Martyn

Martyn - do you mean Detroit.com or Solfuldetroit.com please? unsure.gif

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert