Martha Bass - .since I've Been Born Again

Reg Scott

Afternoon,

Trying to track down the LP that includes 'Since I've been Born Again' mentioned by Godzilla in the "Tips 2011' thread - Is it on a Checker LP release by Martha Bass (may be "Martha Bass" - "Rescue Me" - "Checker 10048" it doesn't appear on any of her other albums I can locate) or is it a previously unreleased track that appears on the Soul Jazz compilation Soul Gospel Vol. 2?

TIA

Greg.

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Afternoon,

Trying to track down the LP that includes 'Since I've been Born Again' mentioned by Godzilla in the "Tips 2011' thread - Is it on a Checker LP release by Martha Bass (may be "Martha Bass" - "Rescue Me" - "Checker 10048" it doesn't appear on any of her other albums I can locate) or is it a previously unreleased track that appears on the Soul Jazz compilation Soul Gospel Vol. 2?

TIA

Greg.

Give it a nudge, cos I'd like to know as well :thumbsup:

Tony

Social source share

Why didn't you just ask me you pair of numbskulls :thumbsup:

It is on her "Rescue Me" album which also includes an interesting gospel take on her daughter, Fontella's hit of the same name. "Since I've Been Born Again" was also included on the Soul Jazz comp Soul Gospel Vol 2 which you mention, but obviously the Checker album is the original. No 45 issue of this anywhere, as far as I know.

Nice to see it getting some recognition on here as I think it's just a stonking tune :thumbsup:

I'm going to be putting a spare copy of the album up next time I list some sales. Hopefully before weekend but it won't be tonight as we're off out for nosh for Mrs G's birthday

Social source share

I've been looking, could only find a £25 one VG+, but not currently in stock. :lol:

Can't be that hard to find surely?

It is LP only and the original LP is certainly is much harder to get a hold of than you would think, especially as the funk crowd also started showing interest in it once it was compiled on the SoulJazz double LP a few years ago, not to mention the fact that there has always been a solid and dedicated band of American gospel record collectors, especially for the Chess series.

Since I've Been Born Again is, by any reckoning, a fantastic record, proper stomping northern with the full force of the Chess studio backing ! :thumbsup:

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert