Jaeboy Re-Issues

Guest aintgotit

Guest aintgotit

Just wondering how many different tunes were released , who started this label. Some of the tunes are quite difficult to get on original. How scarce have these now become on this label too. Did each release have the same limited number of pressings, Do singles still get released on this label.i know its been round the scene longer than i have. Has it featured on label of the week and im too much of a f****wit to have noticed? Thanks.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wondering how many different tunes were released , who started this label. Some of the tunes are quite difficult to get on original. How scarce have these now become on this label too. Did each release have the same limited number of pressings, Do singles still get released on this label.i know its been round the scene longer than i have. Has it featured on label of the week and im too much of a f****wit to have noticed? Thanks.

Depends whether you mean Jayboy or Joeboy, Jayboy being the original UK label which released many of the original Mirwood/Shout and Bronco releases among others or Joeboy which was a later pastiche of Jayboy which reissued lots of in-demand Northern items.

Ian D :hatsoff2:

Social source share

i take it as you mean jayboy.not read this but could help you

kev

Edited by kevinsoulman
Social source share

Guest aintgotit

i take it as you mean jayboy.not read this but could help you

kev

No kev it was the re-issue label i meant. along with grapevine, theyve churned out quite a few but how many and in what numbers? On second thoughts.... and yes it is useful. many thanks

Edited by whatsthiscalled
Social source share

Guest aintgotit

No kev it was the re-issue label i meant. along with grapevine, theyve churned out quite a few but how many and in what numbers? On second thoughts.... and yes it is useful. many thanks

so jaeboy was part of president and had access /rights to release mirwood and bronco maybe mack lv and others, How did grapevine fit into this?Because they release detroit stuff too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert