• Replies 27
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

at that price his listing fee will be more than the records worth

His insert fee will be $0.50.

There is no insert fee for buy-it-now auctions at $0.98 or less. For buy-it-now auctions at $0.99 or more, the insert fee will be $0.50.

However, final value fees are high for buy-it-now auction, but you only have to pay those if the buyer pays you.

Edited by Preben
Social source share

$2,950 :thumbsup: vg- as well laugh.gif

Have I missed something with this record, reckon it's about $2,850 over priced.

https://cgi.ebay.com/...6QQcmdZViewItem

In this condition, I would say that it's about $2,940 overpriced ;-)

The topic of insanely overpriced records on ebay was discussed not long ago, and someone pointed out that it is the best and cheapest way to promote your auctions.

If you go to ebay find all records listed as "northern soul" and then sort by highest price first, then this listing will be the first on the list. Expensive records are always interesting, and many people will check out the auction, and hopefully some of them will also click "see seller's other auctions".

Edited by Preben
Social source share

my comment wasn't meant to be taken literally..........please dont tell me that youve gone on ebay and worked out the listing fee for a $2,950 item, youve got too much time on your hands sir

Didn't need to do much working out, it's a flat rate of 50 cents. Quite easy to remember.

Which is why it always surprises me when people say 'imagine how huge the listing fees must be on that price'.

Social source share

In this condition, I would say that it's about $2,940 overpriced ;-)

The topic of insanely overpriced records on ebay was discussed not long ago, and someone pointed out that it is the best and cheapest way to promote your auctions.

If you go to ebay find all records listed as "northern soul" and then sort by highest price first, then this listing will be the first on the list. Expensive records are always interesting, and many people will check out the auction, and hopefully some of them will also click "see seller's other auctions".

I thought he was doing a bit of self promoting the other day when I saw but looking at other stuff he had for sale I don't think so.

Social source share

Didn't need to do much working out, it's a flat rate of 50 cents. Quite easy to remember.

Which is why it always surprises me when people say 'imagine how huge the listing fees must be on that price'.

i didnt know that, i thought the listing fee was a percentage of the starting price, having said that, it must be 6-7 years since i last listed anything on ebay

Social source share

I thought he was doing a bit of self promoting the other day when I saw but looking at other stuff he had for sale I don't think so.

Apart from using overprising as a promotion strategy, two other possible explanations I can think of are mistyping (doesn't seem to be the case here) or a guy who hopes to cash in on an ignorant buyer. Whatever the reason, it's grossly overpriced, and I am also very curious to know why ;-)

No matter what the reason is and no matter if this is a deliberate move to promote his auctions, the seller does receive free promotion for his auctions, and somehow that's not fair.

Social source share

re-listed at $5,150.00. can anyone see what this seller is doing, I've looked at his other items, surely not to attract attention to those? I can't see any link to a website either?

Not quite sure myself Chalks .....i think he's deluded and does'nt know how an auction site works :thumbsup:

Social source share

Jacqui just came into the kitchen and I told her it's gone up again lol I believe the PC term is 'Troll' a person who get's off on trying to wind other people up, look he's not going to sell it is he, reckon he must have dropped a major bollock selling something really cheap and he can't get over it, we all know at best it's a $100.00 record think I paid £40.00 for my white demo, there is no way to contact him so best we can do is relay a message here, which is lol lol lol lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

he might know someone with a few copies and thinks

put it on at 5000 dollars

it wont sell

then get a mate to stick it on at 100 quid

and someone will think

hey bargain ------- result

rate it at 50-00 ish myself

Edited by keithw
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave Turner

Went up to US$ 8750

That's inflation fer ya

Coming down though, only $7350 now

https://cgi.ebay.com/Clay-Town-17700-Bobby-Reed-Northern-Soul-Hear-Track-/160532625076?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item25607d76b4

Think I'll wait for him to list the CD below $3000 before I make a move on it.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Bobby-Reed-You-Are-Unheard-Northern-Soul-/160530669954?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item25605fa182

That's one hell of a CD photo, very tempting :thumbsup:

Social source share

Went up to US$ 8750

That's inflation fer ya

Coming down though, only $7350 now

https://cgi.ebay.com/...=item25607d76b4

Think I'll wait for him to list the CD below $3000 before I make a move on it.

https://cgi.ebay.com/...=item25605fa182

That's one hell of a CD photo, very tempting laugh.gif

Can someone explain to me why people would do this , what do they gain? :)

or am I missing something?

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm eBay trolling. Could it be the new thing?

it's funny because i've also met totally insane people who think their garbage records are worth thousands, it's hard to tell the intentions of the seller. i think this seller might be genuinely confused.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert