Sweet Stomping

ImberBoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLx-mdBett4&feature=related

The path way towards Northernsoul is often trodden by the same sort of footsteps but often there are different start points and unusual origins and I can remember as a young teen watching TV and being totally blown away every time a rare glimpse of Northernsoul dancing showed its fleeting self.

The first image that conjures up for me is watching Steve Strange on TOTPS stomping to his first release "Night Train"

I also remember catching Blue Rondo A'La Turk stomping live on "Swap Shop"? The track they had out was the amazingly brilliant Klacto Vee Sedstein that was way too ahead of its time and destined to become one of those forgotten tracks that leaves you thinking that you may have imagined it especially when no one else ever seamed to remember it?

The majesty that is Youtube now gives us such a portal of time travel and we often get lucky enough to find the hidden switch that lights up those dormant brain cells and catapults us back to a forgotten and cloudy memory, here is the Blue Rondo A'La Turk - Klacto Vee Sedstein promo video and you can see the superb stomping quite some way into the vid, I love the track and I know I have added this before and I can remember some people on here knowing the dancers?

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was into Blue Rondo in the early 80s.

They were on a TV show called Razzmatazz (?) doing another single from their Chewing The Fat album - "Carioca". That performance included another cracking dance sequence, I think one of the dancers was the guitarist Mark Reilly - who went on to form Matt Bianco.

I loved the Jazz Dance scene - anyone remember the promo video for Working Week's Venceremos?

Before you lambast me, I know it's not Northern Soul dancing, but you can pick up ideas for moves anywhere.

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLx-mdBett4&feature=related

The path way towards Northernsoul is often trodden by the same sort of footsteps but often there are different start points and unusual origins and I can remember as a young teen watching TV and being totally blown away every time a rare glimpse of Northernsoul dancing showed its fleeting self.

The first image that conjures up for me is watching Steve Strange on TOTPS stomping to his first release "Night Train"

I also remember catching Blue Rondo A'La Turk stomping live on "Swap Shop"? The track they had out was the amazingly brilliant Klacto Vee Sedstein that was way too ahead of its time and destined to become one of those forgotten tracks that leaves you thinking that you may have imagined it especially when no one else ever seamed to remember it?

The majesty that is Youtube now gives us such a portal of time travel and we often get lucky enough to find the hidden switch that lights up those dormant brain cells and catapults us back to a forgotten and cloudy memory, here is the Blue Rondo A'La Turk - Klacto Vee Sedstein promo video and you can see the superb stomping quite some way into the vid, I love the track and I know I have added this before and I can remember some people on here knowing the dancers?

heh heh, good post.makes me laugh as its well put together and i remember the song well. Have a very merry christmas.

Edited by whatsthiscalled
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert