Solid Solution-Think About It Girl

Wilxy

I'm sure I read something recently with regard to a Solid Solution title-"Think about it girl" as a Soul"O"Sonic album track? (I may be dreaming alas). Anyway to cut to the chase I came across a 45 of the item, which I appreciate is not the "real deal" so to speak but am interested to know what the story is on it, if anyone can help, I'd be grateful? cheers wilxy :rolleyes:

Edited by wilxy
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Any ideas to the value of both the Silver spoon issued 45 and the Album, and are there any out there for sale?

The LP regularly sells for $30-$40 on eBay (there are two expensive buy-it-now copies on there right now).

Very few known copies of the 45 however so there's no established "value" for that one as far as I know.

Social source share

Has anyone actually seen an "original" vinyl 45 of "Think about it girl"? I thought it was a wind-up by Ian Clark, he "scanned" the label to his own fanzine. Looks like Sebastian's scan is from the fanzine. Wasn't Ian a graphic designer?

Not that it proves anything, but Ian did have the 45 up for "offers" earlier this year on one of his lists.

Spreading the rumour that the 45 actually didn't exist and that the label was "made up" by Ian seems to have been an attempt to divert people from actively trying to track down the 45.

Having said that, I've only ever seen the scan of the 45 which I posted above. I've never seen another copy for sale anywhere.

So... anything's possible, I guess? :thumbsup:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

It has been discussed on here before about a 7inch of Think About It Girl and in the past I could have sworn everyone was under the impression that it didn't exist on a 45 and that Ian's was home made, an emi/cut with a self made label. It wasn't until Ian offered it for auction that opinions changed. I dobt saying it didn't exist would have stopped anyone looking for the 45.

I've seen the Lp for around £30 plus.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert