Chuck Cockerham Mala Issue

Raresoul45s

Just got delivery of Chuck Cockerham Have I got a right, which is yellow label but dont have promo on it has anyone out there got or seen a blue issue of Chuck Cockerham. I've only ever seen demos of this and thought the issue did'nt exist although it's listed in guides is this the legendary issue.

Any info welcome as this is going on this weeks list.,

Cheers Darren

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just got delivery of Chuck Cockerham Have I got a right, which is yellow label but dont have promo on it has anyone out there got or seen a blue issue of Chuck Cockerham. I've only ever seen demos of this and thought the issue did'nt exist although it's listed in guides is this the legendary issue.

Any info welcome as this is going on this weeks list.,

Cheers Darren

Nice!! Get It Listed Then!! biggrin.gif

Social source share

Think Paul Newton who runs Soul Galore owns one, not sure if ites a demo or issue.

A very tough one to grab, and some are as fortunate as Mr Buckley to grab it for an absolute steal, well done sir :lol:

Worn out demo Azza :lol:

Actually Paul has a very nice copy that I've been trying to prise from his grasp for too long :(

Edited by MarkWhiteley
Social source share

Sorry to buck the trend chaps

My copies a yellow demo with Promotional Copy on both sides.

There was a school of thought put about that Chuck was a white guy a few years back, in fact he's a black guy and was a former member of Bill Pinkney's Original Drifters. :hatsoff2:

Dave

Social source share

I agree with you. A proper Mala issue is blue plastic. They must have seen sense and chosen not to release it.

Lol...Pete ,do i take it this is another one for the "hall of fame" Pete's pet hates 45's biggrin.gif

Number ??? CHUCK COCKERHAM-HAVE I GOT A RIGHT ,MALA /DJ ONLY( on account it never made the final cut)ohmy.gif

Social source share

Sorry to buck the trend chaps

My copies a yellow demo with Promotional Copy on both sides.

There was a school of thought put about that Chuck was a white guy a few years back, in fact he's a black guy and was a former member of Bill Pinkney's Original Drifters. hatsoff2.gif

Dave

Hi Dave

I somehow don't think he'd have made it as a member of the "Original Drifters" ,if he were a white guy ohmy.gif

Social source share

I agree with you. A proper Mala issue is blue plastic. They must have seen sense and chosen not to release it.

I disagree, by the time this record was released the plastic style label was almost non-existant and indeed Mala & Amy disappeared and only the Bell label continued with Silver paper issues and Red paper demos. examples being Lou Ragland demos & issues paper only and also Bernie Williams same....

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

I disagree, by the time this record was released the plastic style label was almost non-existant and indeed Mala & Amy disappeared and only the Bell label continued with Silver paper issues and Red paper demos. examples being Lou Ragland demos & issues paper only and also Bernie Williams same....

It was the Bernie Williams that always had me convinced that the 'stockers' were in fact demo labels just minus the text for some reason. So, thinking about it are we now saying that BW and CK are actual stock copies labels? What about Moses and Joshua etc? Nice one Tony, I'd never thought about the timing of the issues.

Best,

Dave

Social source share

It was the Bernie Williams that always had me convinced that the 'stockers' were in fact demo labels just minus the text for some reason. So, thinking about it are we now saying that BW and CK are actual stock copies labels? What about Moses and Joshua etc? Nice one Tony, I'd never thought about the timing of the issues.

Best,

Dave

[/quote

i think late 68 when chuck cockeram and bernie williams came out bell just used remaining demo labels for stock copies and just after bell did away with the smaller labels and issued everything under its own banner. moses and joshuas releases were late 67 early 68

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert