A-One, A-Two, A-One, Two,three,four

Harry Crosby

Personally i love em, i think they add just a bit of something to the record, especially when you hear the ONE, TWO , THREE FOUR, sort of makes you imagine the recording studio, Who would have done this sort of thing in the recording studio?. Suppose one of my all-time fave spoken intro`s has to be Tony & tyrone

Please operator, anybody know of any obscure ones pleasethumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The CD intro of the Uptights "Shy guy" has the lead in - and years ago I heard a tape of Alice Clark (I think) where she clearly says "How will I know when to come in?" - think Ady C may have that...

Was Rose batiste-i miss my baby, counted in jerry? seem to remember that, also remember one trying to remember which one, where it was counted in then they say "lets keep it tight"thumbsup.gif

Social source share

The best "A-One, A-Two, A- one, two....intro I know is.....

Roy Hamilton's cut of Let The Music Play on the Kent R.C.A. comp. C.D.

If you shut your eyes it almost feels like your in the studio with Roy !

Fu*kin brilliant!!

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

the mp 3 i have of sam dees lonely for you baby , in fact most of the motown stuff gets counted in . including the intrumental of crying time and an accapella of little ann,s when hes not around

Social source share

I love the Darryl Banks alternate version of I,m The One Who Really Loves You where he seems to clear his nose then says I,m the one, then someone in the studio starts to count in to the start.

Hi Yes I heard that i think he says i cant hear you OK i got it.

Neil

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

I've got a spoken intro / countdown of this on tape :D

I've got that too, think it was an old sales tape, has "The Airplane Song" on it too. For my money it actually improves the record.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert