• Replies 14
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

101 - Pat Dugas And The Blue Jays - Blues Night And Day / A Bottle Replaced You

102 - Chester Randle's Soul Senders - Soul Brothers Testify (Part 1) / Soul Brothers Testify (Part 2)

103 - Big Daddy Green - Lady In Red / Mama Ekue Kie Doo

104 - Clifton White And His Royal Knights - The Warm Up (Part 1) / The Warm Up (Part 2)

105 - Chester Randle's Soul Sender's - Take A Little Nip / Why Did I Let You Go

106 - Clifton White & The Royal Knights - If You Love Me / Are You Ready Baby

107 - Ike Porter & The Fabulations - Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet / Love For Love

108 - Charles Greene - Double Ee Agent / Baby Oh Baby (How Far You Are From Me)

109 - Soul Shouting Tommy - To Be Loved By You / I'm The Man

110 - Clifton White / Clifton White & His Royal Knights - Dont Ever Worry / Fix It (Instrumental)

111 - Wild Bill & The Blue Washboard Boys - Won't Be Your Hound Dog No More / Washboard Choo Choo

112 - Mike Lachney With Danny James And His James Boys - This Valentine / Your Mine

113 - Dynamic Adam & His Excitements - Forgive Me / She's Gone

114 - Big Daddy Green - You Gave Me A Reason To Live / Who Done It (Who Drained The Pool)

115 - The Original Soul Senders - Sweet Potato Mash / Soul Brother Testify

116 - Ike Porter & The Fabulations - Stone Lover / If There's A Will (There's A Way)

117 - Dynamic Adam & The Excitements - Groove Maker / Be A Man

118 - The Original Soul Senders - Low Blow (Part 1) / Low Blow (Part 2)

119 - Terrie & Joy Laroy With The Bill Parker Show Band - Why I Shed So Many Tears / Without Love What Would Life Be

120 - Freddie Love With The Notables - Crazy Girl (Part 1) / Crazy Girl (Part 2)

121 - Charolette Cole - Bless You Baby / Ain't That Worth Something Baby

122 - ?

123 - Freddie Love - Everybody's Doing It / Sea Of Love

124 - ?

125 - Bill Parker - I'm Gonna Put My Foot Down / I Waited In The Rain

126 - Bill Parker & Blackie Guidry - Love You More Tomorrow / Don't Look My Way

127 - Bunny And Jack Mills With The Plantationers Band - Your Only Woman Your Only Man / No John, You Can't Come In

128 - Butch Menard And His Plantationers - Communicate / Please Help Me Find Loneliness

129 - Clifton White And His Texas Zydeco Boys -I Thought You Needed Me / Likker License

Social source share

Has someone found the owner recently as I seem to have seen more of these in the past year than previously.

As Flynny says, there were lots of them around a few years ago.

I knew the owners of the label, and also several of the other labels along the I-10 corridor in Louisiana. I had a couple of hundred of many of the Anla's and the Soul Unlimited's and Soul Sound's and Lanor's etc.

Of course, John Anderson had been there first a good 20+ years before - but a lot of the releases came back into demand with the resurgence of the rare funk scene.

Garry

Social source share

Since my posting yesterday, I've had several emails asking if I still have any Anla's left for sale.

Sorry, no - I no longer have any 45s other than the 'Hit and Run' label which I release.

When I downsized in 2005 and sold my stock of 45s to Craig Moerer there were quite a few Anla titles in there, so he may have some left ?

Garry

Social source share

Have long loved 108 and 113...119 is a grower...120 is insanely good funk...

I'm missing a few numbers: 101, 106 and 107 (i think), 121, 126-128. Anyone know if these are any good?

101 is a country 45 (the only one in their "C&W series"?), 121 is OK R&B, but not exceptional.

post-4944-0-28255400-1292444441_thumb.jppost-4944-0-60637200-1292444442_thumb.jp

post-4944-0-78516200-1292444443_thumb.jppost-4944-0-01566500-1292444445_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert