Today's People - Sos

Guest dx052

• Replies 32
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Don't know about expencive lp but they did do a lp called "He", two Canadian 7" releases a orange label and yellow one "LinDee" about £20 i think, maybe more ?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Was this a boot or a case of large amounts coming to light. Remember about the same time of East Coast Connection - Summer in the Parks. Both played out extensively and then available for £1.

No

Social source share

what a magnificent anthem from a period when "crossover" was a new and exciting aspect of the scene, although we hadnt christened it by that name then. rammed dancefloors at H.O.E.S.C. EVENTS, inc the ritz, mecca etc and ingratiated into the northern soul playlist with immediate effect.........NOW?....IVE BEEN THINKING FOR A WHILE THAT THIS IS RIPE FOR MASSIVENESS AGAIN!,....much in the same way as black nasty, willie.j, chuck jones, hosanna, east coast connection, silvetti, vicky sue robinson, gentlemen & their lady, boogieman orch., seventh wonder etc. yeah, there's cleethorpes tunes in there as well that would probably raise a smile from J.M. & co., the fact is, todays people HAS that driving compulsion.....time for an s.o.s. then,.....GET IT ON THE DECKS!:hatsoff2:

Social source share

what a magnificent anthem from a period when "crossover" was a new and exciting aspect of the scene, although we hadnt christened it by that name then. rammed dancefloors at H.O.E.S.C. EVENTS, inc the ritz, mecca etc and ingratiated into the northern soul playlist with immediate effect.........NOW?....IVE BEEN THINKING FOR A WHILE THAT THIS IS RIPE FOR MASSIVENESS AGAIN!,....much in the same way as black nasty, willie.j, chuck jones, hosanna, east coast connection, silvetti, vicky sue robinson, gentlemen & their lady, boogieman orch., seventh wonder etc. yeah, there's cleethorpes tunes in there as well that would probably raise a smile from J.M. & co., the fact is, todays people HAS that driving compulsion.....time for an s.o.s. then,.....GET IT ON THE DECKS!:hatsoff2:

todays people - s o s (all e need is time for love) - lindee

Social source share

I did import it from Canada as a new release.

I was on a New York record pool mailing service and received it on Gamma I think.

Not sure of any Detroit connection.

New Jersey label Lindee picked it up for US release.

It saw a little action in the NY area and of course........Cleethorpes!

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

I did import it from Canada as a new release.

I was on a New York record pool mailing service and received it on Gamma I think.

Not sure of any Detroit connection.

New Jersey label Lindee picked it up for US release.

It saw a little action in the NY area and of course........Cleethorpes!

Is New Jersey in Canada ?

post-1986-0-80797600-1293994721_thumb.jp

Social source share

Ken- A good observation, but that pressing was made in New Jersey. Quite why the record company added 'Made in Canada' is a mystery. But trust me, Lindee is from NJ.

The record was made for me by that company in 1976.

Must admit I'm lost on this one Kev. Even Ricahard talked to me about it recently. I have it on Gamma Orange label and it came from John Anderson for not much more than 45p, in fact it was just after decilamisation... is thaqt how you spell it. Though mine was orig. Explain please !!!!!:yes:

Social source share

The original was on Canadian Gamma. I first imported around 200 into rhe UK as a new release.

Then it was leased to Lindee who had an association with another record I discovered Hipit by Hosanna and Nowhere by Hocus Pocus.

Lindee pressed up the single for US distribution and imported around 500.

So both are originals from different countries.

It sold decently in Canada but failed in the US. That's about all I can remember about it.

Social source share

I think the original original is on French lp on AZ, He was recorded in Paris France and got a UK release on RCA 7" and ain't that good biggrin.gif like the rest of the lp, save SOS of coarse....................

70042659.jpg

Could have saved a bit of money importing it from it's country of the original,Kev

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Nice thread.

Just been chatting to Adrian who used to run Strads with Steve Croft in Rotherham & he said they had it for sale in 1975 on Gamma & also on French label AZ.

Did a quick search & all sounds about right & there's an AZ copy for sale on Discogs really cheap if you're quick.

https://www.discogs.com/Todays-People-SOS-All-We-Need-Is-Time-For-Love/master/244595

The long version on the Italian Derby album from 1974 is a bit of a mystery though but it does tie in with other work by the writers & if owning true originals is your thing it looks like the album is the one you need to buy (best version too IMO).

While there also did a search of the Derby label & there was no mention of Will Collins & Willpower but thats something for another thread I guess.

Social source share

post-1986-0-77354900-1297102589_thumb.jppost-1986-0-80931600-1297102580_thumb.jpbiggrin.gif

Nice picture sleeve Ken. I have the Lindee press ,always thought it was a boot because there seemed to be more Gamma copies floating about.

Great record but never heard it out.

Social source share

:yes: HI ALL .. GREAT OLDIE FROM JOHN ANDERSONS SOUL BOWL, NEVER BOOTED ON YELLOW LINDE, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE SO MANY BOOTS OF THE PERIOD IT WAS PROBERLEY PRESED UP WHILE SIMON WAS LISTENING KBOX PAPA OO MOW MOW,

PETE I HAVE CHECKED FOR THE MISSING POST MATE, NOT THIS TIME

:lol: DAVE

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert