Any Ideas

Guest aintgotit

Guest aintgotit

Can anyone help us out by giving an idea of values for the following in excellent condition. Hoagy lands "next in line" laurie issue.

Brenda and the tabulations,"A love you can depend on, on red Top and bottom issue

The Isley brothers on Tamla Motown black /silver issue, your my everything/ive been good to you

Esther Phillips "Catch me m falling "on Atlantic issue

]The Human Beinz "nobody but me on a red / orange capital issue

Mitch ryder "breakout" on a black and red issue of ERIC label.

( is this british)

Joe lovejoy in orbit on chess.not checker

and finally a couple of joeboy reissues.

phillip mitchell free for all

and the furys im satisfied with you. both on a sandy coloured label.

Mnay thanks for any replies.

Edited by whatsthiscalled
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest aintgotit

try popsike.com

thumbsup.gif

i did thanks for mentionin it though. couldnt find the mention of ERIC label but i think its a british re-issue label.though i mght be wrong. i was interested in the jaebo re-releases of phillip mitchell and the furys. the latter first came out on keymen i think , so ill start havin a look but ill have that in the meantime as i love the choo, the only two are the joe ovejo and esther phillips. i beleve the first issue of catch me, was on checker and this is on chess. would that make it a second issue .i guess it,d be down to matrix numbers or something squinty eyed and hard to decipher as that .

Social source share

i did thanks for mentionin it though. couldnt find the mention of ERIC label but i think its a british re-issue label.though i mght be wrong.

Eric is a US reissue label, maybe worth a fiver on a good day...

great tune though!

Social source share

Can anyone help us out by giving an idea of values for the following

Mnay thanks for any replies.

Most of these records have been reissued or bootlegged, so no one could give you a price without knowing if each item is an original or boot.

So you will need to give more info.

Or if you can't find them on Popsike, have a look at Manships site, you may get prices from there.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest aintgotit

Most of these records have been reissued or bootlegged, so no one could give you a price without knowing if each item is an original or boot.

So you will need to give more info.

Or if you can't find them on Popsike, have a look at Manships site, you may get prices from there.

thanks everyone for the advice and the asistance. im pretty sure their all reissues apart from hoagy lands and brenda and the tabs

Social source share

Can anyone help us out by giving an idea of values for the following in excellent condition.

The Human Beinz "nobody but me on a red / orange capital issue

I don't want to sound like a snob but this record is easily finable in the US for nothing. It was a HUGE hit and there's really no demand for it here in the states. The postage cost from US to UK would be much more than the value. I'm not sure the origin of this copy, the US originals are the greenish demo (harder to find) and the yellow/orange stock typical of mid 60s Capitols

- George

Edited by George G
Social source share

Guest aintgotit

I don't want to sound like a snob but this record is easily finable in the US for nothing. It was a HUGE hit and there's really no demand for it here in the states. The postage cost from US to UK would be much more than the value. I'm not sure the origin of this copy, the US originals are the greenish demo (harder to find) and the yellow/orange stock typical of mid 60s Capitols

- George

no thats fair enough , A friend at work brought these records in , and i was thinking to myself well there,ll be a velvellettes needle in a haystack , stoned love , maybe a marvin gaye, but i was flabbergasted when the first was a jaeboy reissue of jerry williams, then hoagy lands on laurie. i can remember the last time i saw a copy of the human beinz, im not particular about owning it, just not seen a capital single in those colours before, i have a copy of billy preston the girls got it , which has a swirling design in orange and yellow, whereas this one has a small orange circle inside a larger red circle if you can picture that, i dont have the records at home with me so cant post a pic. im afraid. it may be worth nothing and i wasnt looking to spend more than the vinyls worth in posting it abroad, i could go to a weekender and make a 500 percent profit for my friend in selling for a fiver, thats about 8 us dollars.so she wins regardless of what it fetches. as she paid zero for it. i havent seen many tunes at all on the top and bottom label, and as for the esther phillips, im going to buy that off her myself , thats why the going prices i aske if anyone could furnish are important . Thanks for the information which is really well off the point of this thread to be honest.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert