Best Label Misprint Ever

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...I almost wet myself when I saw this Belgian pressing on eBay, quite by chance. How many on here who work with their hands can empthise with Brenton's problem

I purchased it immediately and am now looking in hope for "Chain Of Tools" by Aretha, "Tools Are Not Born (They Are Made)" by Clarence Reid and,of course, "Toolish Tool" by Dee Dee Warwick...:hatsoff2:

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

...I almost wet myself when I saw this Belgian pressing on eBay, quite by chance. How many on here who work with their hands can empthise with Brenton's problem

I purchased it immediately and am now looking in hope for "Chain Of Tools" by Aretha, "Tools Are Not Born (They Are Made)" by Clarence Reid and,of course, "Toolish Tool" by Dee Dee Warwick...:hatsoff2:

Amazing how ,not only did they get the record wrong ,but also the cover ohmy.gif

Does it play "tools" as well Tony :lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Amazing how ,not only did they get the record wrong ,but also the cover :hatsoff2:

Does it play "tools" as well Tony laugh.gif

...oh, if only.

Trouble is, every time I listen to the song from now on, I'm going to hear it as 'Tools' too...:lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Well I'm still laughing at Cunter Punch and I meant to ask you Tone, how was your Jah Wanks single?

It was actually a better than average roots song, rather than the DJ record I was expecting.

Took me a while to clean a lot of white sticky stuff off the vinyl, though...:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

HOW ABOUT THE COVER OF THIS FOR A MISTAKE,

JOE.

...and in the same vein, this 1990s Collectables collection of Ted Taylor's Okeh sides...

with two pictures of Walter Jackson on the cover.

Mind you I'm a fine one to talk - I once put out a CD of New Orleans blues and soul man Earl King's great US Ace recordings with a picture of King/Maycon artist Earl Connelly King on the cover. To his credit, the late great former, on seeing it, said 'man, that ain't me, but I don;t mind because the dude's better looking than I am'...

...and in my defence the pic I used did say 'Earl King' in the bottom left hand corner...

Social source share

there is also a german otis redding comp lp which has wilson pickett on the cover & I might still have the Impressions budget best of LP which pictures the Drifters on the front,,,, will check. One of the early Stateside 45s here came as Martha & the Vandells. I also have a Miles Davies jazz LP :hatsoff2:

Social source share

I purchased it immediately and am now looking in hope for "Chain Of Tools" by Aretha, "Tools Are Not Born (They Are Made)" by Clarence Reid and,of course, "Toolish Tool" by Dee Dee Warwick...thumbup.gif

Tony, don't forget the must have "City Of Tools" by Colette Kelly.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert