Easy Living Jj Barnes

Guest Swish

• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

both holidays and jj barnes 45's (which incidently are exactly the same take) are quite hard to track down, especially the holidays, however, the rare stamps album turns up quite regularally on ebay, shouldnt set you back more than £30 - 50, got mine, a nice u.s. minter about a year ago for £15

Social source share

Also on the Rare stamps album swish, The HOLLIDAYS [groove city 206] also did this as well, great record mate, one of my all time faves

WOW!

EXACTLY THE SAME! I never knew that.

Thank you very much indeed for that.

Superb!

Social source share

both holidays and jj barnes 45's (which incidently are exactly the same take) are quite hard to track down, especially the holidays, however, the rare stamps album turns up quite regularally on ebay, shouldnt set you back more than £30 - 50, got mine, a nice u.s. minter about a year ago for £15

Thank you as well. Appreciated.

Social source share

It's not JJ Barnes.

Its Steve Mancha.

Steve didn't like the song, so Don Davis put it out as the Holidays on Groove City.

Then the track appeared on the 1969 Volt LP 'Rare Stamps' wrongly credited to JJ Barnes and the UK Stax 45 (the flip of JJ's 'Baby Please Come Back Home') the same.

JJ Barnes was never happy about the situation as he felt insulted that a record he'd had nothing to do with could go out (twice!) under his name.

Sean

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

It's not JJ Barnes.

Its Steve Mancha.

Steve didn't like the song, so Don Davis put it out as the Holidays on Groove City.

Then the track appeared on the 1969 Volt LP 'Rare Stamps' wrongly credited to JJ Barnes and the UK Stax 45 (the flip of JJ's 'Baby Please Come Back Home') the same.

JJ Barnes was never happy about the situation as he felt insulted that a record he'd had nothing to do with could go out (twice!) under his name.

Sean

Correcto Mundo ,Mr.H--Where,s my C.D.

Tony

Social source share

Guest Decroco

I will be spinning this one at our party tomorrow night as it hits all of the right buttons with everyone, the 'A' side is 'baby please come back home' the other side of 'chains' on the US issue - yet another top tune. that's my input and very sorry but I will be selling my testicles before getting rid of this one.

Social source share

It's not JJ Barnes.

Its Steve Mancha.

Sean

:lol: Never knew it was Steve Mancha thanks Sean :lol:

2 great sides (UK Stax) & still reasonably cheap I thought ? Certainly seen it cheap in the last year ?

Social source share

It's not JJ Barnes.

Its Steve Mancha.

Sean

A mate of mine had a test pressing album set of the rare stamps album, 2 single sided lp`s with EASY LIVING credited to Steve Manchathumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Worth mentioning that the mixes of 'Baby Please...' and 'Easy Living' on 'Rare Stamps' are both slightly different to the Groovesvile and Groove City 45s respectively...

...same vocal tracks, though.

Social source share

Source Advert