Gasher

• Replies 40
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Somebody'll buy it Gash. There are plenty out there with no scruples about knowingly playing boots, which it is, just a one off boot. (Or is it one off if he can get a few quid for it, how many more are there in the box?)

I heard Roger Stewart play The Knights - Those Things You Do at the 100 Club last year and it blew me away. Now this is extremely scarce as Roger told me all but a handful were destroyed by the group themselves. A few months back there was an acetate on Ebay and I have to tell you, I was tempted but resisted and contacted Roger. Don't know what he did but the auction was pulled. If I were less scrupulous I would have bought and played it but am not, so didn't.

Still Uijima, Ujima, Weejama, uijiboard or whatever else he likes to call it will certainly be snapped up.

Paulie

P.S. I've a rare 3 1/2 inch copy of Nicky Newarkers if you're interested. It's a special copy that plays only in a CD player and the label....well, it's fantastic looking (I've just got to print it up). Yours for the paltry sum of £1.5m cos there's only one! (at the moment).

Social source share

Howya Paulie

in that case mate.I,ll give you a squijillion,cumillion,brazilian

for it.

3 1/2" now thats RARE

and remember if it starts with THE as in "THE nicky newarkers"

you dont play it...just send it over the water

i,ll be glad to look after it as its a bootleg.

regards mate the gasher

Edited by The Gasher
Social source share

Guest Awake 502

The desciption is new to me 'white label acetate' then further down it says 'on long lasting vinyl' so is it an acetate or vinyl 'YOU Decide'  as big brother would say.

Tubbs

link

Looks like he is trying to sell it again after being rumbled before :unsure:

<<< UJIMA >>>

Social source share

"PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A PRIVATE PRESSED ACETATE" =

Please remember this is not an authentic original, but a copy my mate did the other week. wink.gif   whistling.gif

link

THE VINYL ITSELF IS LIKE MINT CONDITION..... = hot of the press whistling.gif

ALTHOUGH IT TOOK SOME CLEANING ...IT WAS A LITTLE DUSTY........... = i got some dust out the hoover and rubbed it over the acetate to make it look old whistling.gif

Social source share

THE VINYL ITSELF IS LIKE MINT CONDITION.....  = hot of the press whistling.gif

ALTHOUGH IT TOOK SOME CLEANING ...IT WAS A LITTLE DUSTY........... = i got some dust out the hoover and rubbed it over the acetate to make it look old whistling.gif

link

see price he is getting for doing same with san fran tkos

anyone explain in thess than 10 words why ****s like this can get away with this sort a thing

Social source share

anyone explain in thess than 10 words why ****s like this can get away with this sort a thing

link

God knows, but you've also got to blame the Hamptons who want to spen a fourtune on Illegal acetates. Total madness whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

link

Because eBay don't care/ don't check listings/ don't have anyone on their staff who understands enough about record selling? (yes I know that's more than ten whistling.gif )

Social source share

I've expressed my thoughts to both the seller and the high bidder

the seller needs bloody shooting. IMVHO.  whistling.gif     whistling.gif   whistling.gif

link

Agreed - if John Vincent ever tells us / remembers who threatened him at Wigan with a sawn off in 1975, we can hire him to do the blag laugh.gif

Fantastic avatar btw - played it Saturday wink.gif

Social source share

Agreed - if John Vincent ever tells us / remembers who threatened him at Wigan with a sawn off in 1975, we can hire him to do the blag  wicked.gif

Fantastic avatar btw - played it Saturday thumbsup.gif

link

Got it mixed up Steve. Didn't JV threaten Billy Paul after Mary Chapman had sacked somebody. Or because Brian Rae played the Vibrations the record before Dave Evison came on unsure.gif I think ?????????????????????????????????

Social source share

thing can't get me head round is that by selling other copies and his descriptions he is openly admitting that he was lying thru his teeth when passing it off as a rare radio station copy and taking that guys 400 quid

link

not a bad little prophet there mike considering you can get them cut for £17 FOR 2 sides unsure.gif

Social source share

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4756792337HOW CAN SOMEONE ACTUALLY BELIVE THIS TO BE RARE.?ITS MABYE RARE DUE TO THE MIS-SPELT ARTIST  NAME.IVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF UIJIMA..IS THIS A GLASWEGIAN'S  MOTHER?? (SCOTTISH JOKE)

link

...UIJIMA..hmmm..isn't that an island in the Pacific??...did not John Wayne star in the film........'The sands of UIJIMA'........did the Funk Brothers do the soundtrack...or was it the Ric Tic Strings........? unsure.gif

Social source share

...UIJIMA..hmmm..isn't that an island in the Pacific??...did not John Wayne star in the film........'The sands of UIJIMA'........did the Funk Brothers do the soundtrack...or was it the Ric Tic Strings........? :rolleyes:

link

And today's trivia question - what group did Ujima become?

Social source share

Got it mixed up Steve. Didn't JV threaten Billy Paul after Mary Chapman had sacked somebody. Or because Brian Rae played the Vibrations the record before Dave Evison came on  :rolleyes:   I think ?????????????????????????????????

link

Dunno JV's emails all got very confusing, and I for one lost the plot - perhaps then JV can take the bootlegger out?.... or at least "threaten" him :thumbsup::yes:

Social source share

...UIJIMA..hmmm..isn't that an island in the Pacific??...did not John Wayne star in the film........'The sands of UIJIMA'........did the Funk Brothers do the soundtrack...or was it the Ric Tic Strings........? :(

link

I think that was 'the sands of iwo-jima'. he certainly seems a nasty piece of work, judging by his feedback. I wouldn't touch someone like this with a bargepole ,ain't worth the grief when everything goes pear-shaped, is it?

macca

Social source share

Guest Marcus B

Dunno JV's emails all got very confusing, and I for one lost the plot - perhaps then JV can take the bootlegger out?.... or at least "threaten" him  :(   :yes:

link

Alright Steve G...Blimey I saw that same post on EBAY the other day. Can't believe the state of it would ever even play and somebody could fall into the trap ...!!!

Ujima Came to be Anglo Saxon Brown...and changed again to Silk. One pint for me please!!! :( ,

Marcus

Social source share

Alright Steve G...Blimey I saw that same post  on EBAY the other day. Can't believe the state of it would ever even play and somebody could fall into the trap ...!!!

Ujima Came to be Anglo Saxon Brown...and changed again to Silk. One pint for me please!!! blush.gif ,

Marcus

link

Pint agreed. :(

Social source share

Hey up chaps,

Don't know who the guy is on ebay (Andys.Soulbox) but I've seen him listing bootleg CD compilations (homemade I assume) and seen these getting bids of £10+. I really don;t know where these people are with so much loose change to lash around on shite but if I find out I'll pop round and say hello with my sales box and hopefully clean up.

I s'pose you can't knock the guy because he's been up front with what he is selling but it doesn't ring quite right does it?

Still, its what makes the world go around and it all brings pay day..... eventually.

Neil J

Social source share

Guest JoeMoran

I've just asked him is it a bootleg. I'm kind of interested in hearing his response.

all the same what a lovely track (am listening to it now) - the first record i rmeember hearing at Lowton on my Stag night . They've another one - hip to your ways and actions - is this seeing any turntable action out and about?

Social source share

Gash - a truly repulsive avatar! What happened to your dancing Mod? shades.gif

link

got BORED of the dancing mod

and me not being a MOD thought it was inapropriate to some extent

but trying to find a soul stlyee dancing fat bald Scotsman in a tartan hat and kilt

was nigh impossible.

so decided as It said in my sign off

cant smile wide enough

found this and thought it was hilarious.

this is one of me on a good day.

the gasher

you think Im bad heres my sister

post-1405-1124894519_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Gasher
Social source share

I've just asked him is it a bootleg. I'm kind of interested in hearing his response.

all the same what a lovely track (am listening to it now) - the first record i rmeember hearing at Lowton on my Stag night . They've another one - hip to your ways and actions - is this seeing any turntable action out and about?

link

dont ask him qiuestions like that :D

He will offer to kick your head in

out on the cobbles like he did me?? :lol:

im shitting myself

.. shades.gif:D

hiding under the bed :thumbsup:

the gasher :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source