Mario Biondi

Guest welshruss

Guest welshruss

MARIO BIONDI - THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE / RIO DE JANEIRO BLUE - SCHEMA - Nr MINT - 12in

Or is it one you can pick up easily........i dont get out much these days.

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest welshruss

i been playin this for a while

contact groovejunkie on here..im sure he has a spare

great floor filler

moldie

Hello mate,

Was put on to it circa 06 / 07,and played it then....But,3 nr mint copies just fell into my hands - 2 are spoken for,just thought i may sell the other.Then again maybe not,we,ll see.

Funny thing is when i first played it,someone said to me "Get this crap off and play some decent stuff".....then 2 weeks later Sam played it and the same person danced for 4 mins to it saying "great tune that" lol

Edited by welshruss
Social source share

Came out on both 12" and 7", try Mark Coddington (Fish) at Simply Soul, was loads of them a few months ago on the 7"

Barry

Try searching out the Midnight Monti & Luke J Gotta Soul white label 12" remix .

Malc

Social source share

MARIO BIONDI - THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE / RIO DE JANEIRO BLUE - SCHEMA - Nr MINT - 12in

Or is it one you can pick up easily........i dont get out much these days.

It's still available on 7" but I reckon the 12" is worth about £20..

Is the 12" flip the same as the 7" "I Can't Keep From Cryin' Sometimes" ? That's my prefered side.

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

fab tune,had mine a couple of years,paid £10, not sure but the label i,ve got it on is "unique"..331/3 rpm (7") from germany 2009...hey if you,ve got singstar on the PS3 you can also download it as well....thats my kareoke tune...ha ha :thumbsup:

Edited by garswood
Social source share

Guest Brett F

Was A Bee (12"Schema 2004), is the original version (same guy Biondi recorded it) and is the better take as Dave Pinches says, but wasn't this originally released on the LP 'Mario Biondi - Handful Of Soul', i know that i bought that LP after i had Was A Bee and i know the 12" (or later 7)" didn't get released while later in 2006. I'd have thought all versions were cheap apart probably for the Was A Bee 12". Lets be honest this has been hammered on the Modern scene since 2006 and all over Europe, even heard it in a bar in Italy same year.

Brett F

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest Brett F

What's the going rate for the Was A Bee 12"??

I honestly wouldn't know, if the other goes for £20 then i'd add a few on that ? I imagine Fish or Cunnie would know price.

Social source share

Italy's Barry White :thumbsup:

Would say £10 to £20 for any of the 12" vinyl copy's.

Not sure about the 7" as not 100% certain as to how legit they are but would guess at about £5.

Also a few remixes around, the Dimitri one ain't bad.

If anyone wants the Neil Thompson re-edit that mixes it with the SOS Band there is just 1 copy on the link below.

Very limited release so a bargain for £11 as it won't be around for long.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=2002493&ev=rb

Oh yes before I go. The best verson IMO is the Schema 12" credited to Mario Biondi & the High Five Quintet with Rioi De Janero Blue as the A side.

Social source share

Not sure about the 7" as not 100% certain as to how legit they are but would guess at about £5.

If anyone wants the Neil Thompson re-edit that mixes it with the SOS Band there is just 1 copy on the link below.

https://www.discogs.c...d=2002493&ev=rb

Oh yes before I go. The best verson IMO is the Schema 12" credited to Mario Biondi & the High Five Quintet with Rioi De Janero Blue as the A side.

was it released on local label family affair first

Social source share

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=2002493&ev=rb

In / with respect to the Neil Thompson remix , there is another one ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m_WIdCa9EU

But as for the remix , it has to be the Midnight Monti & Luke J Gotta Soul one .....

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

was it released on local label family affair first

No idea Rob. Never seen or heard of one.

In / with respect to the Neil Thompson remix , there is another one ......

Malc

Great guy is Neil. Was with him earlier this year (namedropper LOL) & he told me a story that you might like.

A certain Ian Dewhirst was DJ'ing in Ibiza & he played Neil's Brownstone / Love Unlimited mash up - If You Love Me & who was on the dancefloor giving it some, only Kylie Minogue.

Can't say I blame her as it's one of the better mash up's around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFBi_eRmas

Social source share

No idea Rob. Never seen or heard of one.

Great guy is Neil. Was with him earlier this year (namedropper LOL) & he told me a story that you might like.

A certain Ian Dewhirst was DJ'ing in Ibiza & he played Neil's Brownstone / Love Unlimited mash up - If You Love Me & who was on the dancefloor giving it some, only Kylie Minogue.

Can't say I blame her as it's one of the better mash up's around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFBi_eRmas

So it was the record that got Kylie on the dancefloor .

It makes a change from Foggy getting his manservant to pay people to dance to his spots :thumbsup:

Malc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert