Don Burdick Open The Door To Your Heart

bri pinch

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can't Find Anything About A Boot On Sound Patterns!! Original done on sound patterns with " I have faith in you " On The Flip!!

I have it on Sound Impression with If You Walk Out Of My Life on the other side.

I was always a bit dubious about Open The Door / I Have Faith on Sound Patterns.

Social source share

I have it on Sound Impression with If You Walk Out Of My Life on the other side.

I was always a bit dubious about Open The Door / I Have Faith on Sound Patterns.

Mr Manship and some big US Dealers have sold both copies!! Big Difference in Values sound Impressions books @ £100 Flanny sold one on here a while back for around £35 And sound Patterns books at £600 one sold on ebay a while back @ over $750 :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

Social source share

are you people really trying to say that the sound patterns one has only been done in recent years. i first saw one in 1990 so they are not `recent presses` don burdick may well have privately pressed them after the sound impressions one but i just think he had copies long before he was found.

dave

Hi Dave, Are You Sure it Was A Boot As The Sound Patterns One Is A Legit 45 ? Not Saying the ones on Popsike Are Real But The Guy Says the First One Is 43 Yrs Old!! Best Bet Pm Mr JM and see what john says!! :wave::unsure:

Social source share

Guys - we did this topic only back in February

Here is the link:

Go to the previous thread as it includes plenty of references to how long the Sound Patterns 45 has been around

The only query in my mind now is has the Sound Patterns been re-pressesed recently as an 'exact' copy of the first white with green print Sound Patterns copy?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Hi Dave, Are You Sure it Was A Boot As The Sound Patterns One Is A Legit 45 ? Not Saying the ones on Popsike Are Real But The Guy Says the First One Is 43 Yrs Old!! Best Bet Pm Mr JM and see what john says!! :wave::unsure:

i dont think they are boots or represses at all. i agree with you and richard. i just think that don had/ has some copies from way back when. my brother started this thread and he was just voicing his concern as we`ve had the sound impression one as well and the fidelity is a bit better on that one. don might have the plates for this 45 but it would be nigh on impossible to get the label right

dave

Social source share

i dont think they are boots or represses at all. i agree with you and richard. i just think that don had/ has some copies from way back when. my brother started this thread and he was just voicing his concern as we`ve had the sound impression one as well and the fidelity is a bit better on that one. don might have the plates for this 45 but it would be nigh on impossible to get the label right

dave

HI DAVE,

THE ONE THAT RICHARD REFERS TO IN FEBRUARY THREAD WAS DONATED TO US BY DONI BURDICK FOR OUR ANNUAL CHARITY EVENT LAST YEAR.

THAT COPY WAS AUTHENTICATED BY DONI AS THE 'FIRST TEST PRESS' & I GAVE IT TO JM TO AUCTION (WHO ALSO THOUGHT IT TO BE 'KOSHER')

THE RECORD SOLD FOR £450 (LESS JM's COMMISSION)

PETE

Social source share

HI DAVE,

THE ONE THAT RICHARD REFERS TO IN FEBRUARY THREAD WAS DONATED TO US BY DONI BURDICK FOR OUR ANNUAL CHARITY EVENT LAST YEAR.

THAT COPY WAS AUTHENTICATED BY DONI AS THE 'FIRST TEST PRESS' & I GAVE IT TO JM TO AUCTION (WHO ALSO THOUGHT IT TO BE 'KOSHER')

THE RECORD SOLD FOR £450 (LESS JM's COMMISSION)

PETE

So he's giving them away (two people in this thread so far got freebies) but it's being sold for £450. Doesn't make sense.

Social source share

So he's giving them away (two people in this thread so far got freebies) but it's being sold for £450. Doesn't make sense.

PETE,

I DON'T CONSIDER SOMEBODY 'DONATING' SOMETHING FOR A CHARITABLE CAUSE AS GIVING A 'FREEBIE'

AT THE END OF THE DAY THE LITTLE BOY WE RAISE FUNDS FOR BENEIFITTED FROM DONI'S KIND DONATION.

PETE

Social source share

dave

Very True Dave The Label Is Usually The Give Away!! :unsure:

Social source share

dave

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole myself. I wouldn't be comfortable selling it.

Social source share

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole myself. I wouldn't be comfortable selling it.

Hi Pete

This record has been around a long time. See my post from the previous thread.

Apart from being around in the 70s this 45 has also featured on Sound Patterns label listings from way back.

For instance it was in Rod Dearlove's Music Express #4 and although the label wasn't in Rod's A Collector's Guide To Detroit, it was on Chris Moore's follow-up catalogue of Detroit labels in Summer 1986.

Manship's Guide rates it at £400.

From Popsike I found one which said:

SOUND PATTERNS DXM 6807/6809. We are selling this record for the recording artist Donald I. Burdick aka Doni Burdick. It was recorded in Detroit in 1971 utilizing some of the Motown musicians and pressed by Archer (Stamped in dead wax). It is one of the classic Northern Soul records. Don Burdick has offered to autograph the record if desired by the purchaser. It is in mint condition and from his personal collection. Full title "I Have Faith In You"/"Open The Door To Your Heart".

Cheers

Richard

It's perfectly possible that Don Burdick pressed it in '71 as stated above, but that it was never distributed or very effectively distributed - and he just kept hold of some or all of them. This could easily explain it's long-standing 'rarity'.

The existence of the 45 going back years (at least to the early to mid 1980s as shown above) is adequately documented.

If you think a more recent counterfeit has been pressed, or if you think the old copies are counterfeits in some way, can you say a bit more about why you think this is please?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Hi Pete

This record has been around a long time. See my post from the previous thread.

It's perfectly possible that Don Burdick pressed it in '71 as stated above, but that it was never distributed or very effectively distributed - and he just kept hold of some or all of them. This could easily explain it's long-standing 'rarity'.

The existence of the 45 going back years (at least to the early to mid 1980s as shown above) is adequately documented.

If you think a more recent counterfeit has been pressed, or if you think the old copies are counterfeits in some way, can you say a bit more about why you think this is please?

Cheers

Richard

Why should I have to explain? They look dodgy. He's been giving them away. There you go.

Social source share

If you don't want to explain Pete then of course you don't have to

Then again, you don't have to post up that you think it's dodgy either

As this is a discussion site and I think you are the only person saying the record is dodgy I reckon it's perfectly fair to ask you to say why you think that's so

If you don't know why you think it's dodgy (e.g. other evidence about when/where pressed, vinyl/paper/deadwax details) then that's another thing completely I guess :thumbsup:

As this has now become a pointless thread I'm not coming back to it - bye :thumbup:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

If you don't want to explain Pete then of course you don't have to

Then again, you don't have to post up that you think it's dodgy either

As this is a discussion site and I think you are the only person saying the record is dodgy I reckon it's perfectly fair to ask you to say why you think that's so

If you don't know why you think it's dodgy (e.g. other evidence about when/where pressed, vinyl/paper/deadwax details) then that's another thing completely I guess :thumbsup:

As this has now become a pointless thread I'm not coming back to it - bye :thumbup:

Cheers

Richard

Oh right, I'm the only person casting doubts on it am I? Have you read the whole thread?

And I answered your question anyway.

Fucks sake.

Social source share