Shirelles

Anais nin Carms

I am really having a Shirelles moment /phase having just picked up Wait til I give the signal , one I have been meaning to get round to sourcing for years. Anyway another which is haunting me is Look away , can someone tell me how much this goes for please ?

Edited by Carms
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the offer Kev I am going to have Marks at 20 quid :hatsoff2: Must admit I wasn't struck on it at first but then that chorus got under skin and then I saw the floor reaction to it east of the pennines .... a grower as they say , Browny still doesn't like it .... but I caught him singing it a few times Saturday :lol:

I got a song that will get on your nervers , get on your nerves ....get on your nerves

Carms

x

Social source share

I'm not 100% certain as it has been a loooong time since I played 'Look away', but the version on the Kent LPs is different (and better) to the Scepter 45...or am I thinking of the Chiffons' 'Keep the boy happy'...or maybe both of them are like that!?!

:hatsoff2:

No buddy you're spot on. The mix is different on the Kent LP compared with my 45 and much better.

Social source share

Thanks for the offer Kev I am going to have Marks at 20 quid :thumbsup: Must admit I wasn't struck on it at first but then that chorus got under skin and then I saw the floor reaction to it east of the pennines .... a grower as they say , Browny still doesn't like it .... but I caught him singing it a few times Saturday :)

I got a song that will get on your nervers , get on your nerves ....get on your nerves

Carms

x

Its a bloody aweful record me dear!!

I amazed that you like it!!

Its gotta be MY Pookie Hudson :lol:

Be something to put me coffee on at Chez Crouchie :)

N x

Social source share

Its a bloody aweful record me dear!!

I amazed that you like it!!

Its gotta be MY Pookie Hudson :)

Be something to put me coffee on at Chez Crouchie :lol:

N x

:) ,its got a dark understated quality Nige.One for the rnb types,and Carms ....and myself.:thumbsup:

Glad you're sorted btw Carms.:thumbsup:

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Carms,iv'e had one for sale one and off for a while.Pm me if you dont get sorted.Kev.:lol: .The other side is pure Wigan btw.....

This was released twice, my copy was the second release - with "Teasin' me" as the A side.

That's not a bad tune, written by Eddie Singleton I seem to think ?

Also not forgetting the song in question by Ashford & Simpson / Jo Armstead

post-5094-0-37924400-1290465449_thumb.jp

post-5094-0-38661800-1290465464_thumb.jp

Social source share

Now go give their version of 'Putty In My Hands' a listen...another to shake ya thang to...and to possibly get Nige to go and make the coffee/tea as well!?!

:lol:

Flynny I could kiss you at times lol ... I must ask do you and the Mrs ever not agree on what is a good tune ?...eeem that would make a good thread :thumbup: Tunes couples disagree about ours would be

Poookie Bloody Hudson for one , makes my ears bleed when I hear him play it :thumbup: I shall have to play look away in moments of pleasure ... do a montano bay in reverse on him lol

Social source share

Source Advert