Do You Wear Ear Plugs?

don't listen to Terry Riders attempt to make me look like a a twat :thumbsup: Ive been doing all-nighters on and off since late 1972 and despite loads of oldies telling me to watch the gear intake way back then no one told me to watch me lugholes

Today Ive been advised that my rright ear is ok ish however my left with regard to hi frequency is just about fooked, like NIL...

guys and gals go and get you ears tested NOW...Spec Savesrs hearing test is FREE @ the moment

Go get em checked now.

PD

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest proudlove

don't listen to Terry Riders attempt to make me look like a a twat :thumbsup: Ive been doing all-nighters on and off since late 1972 and despite loads of oldies telling me to watch the gear intake way back then no one told me to watch me lugholes

Today Ive been advised that my rright ear is ok ish however my left with regard to hi frequency is just about fooked, like NIL...

guys and gals go and get you ears tested NOW...Spec Savesrs hearing test is FREE @ the moment

Go get em checked now.

PD

Sorry,can't hear you mate?

Social source share

Guest Mick Donnelly

Go get em checked now.

PD

Did you ever consider it may be hereditary and nowt to do with all-nighters :yes:

Social source share

don't listen to Terry Riders attempt to make me look like a a twat :ohmy: Ive been doing all-nighters on and off since late 1972 and despite loads of oldies telling me to watch the gear intake way back then no one told me to watch me lugholes

Go get em checked now.

PD

Same here Paul . plugs help with the music but when folk talk to you , you can't hear them . I wear them at home sometimes as well , it helps. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I used to go to rock clubs in Birmingham in the early 90s. I tell you soul dos are nothing compared to them.

Ear plugs are useful though when some boring bastard is banging on about his knowledge of soul in your ear all night. :ohmy:

Social source share

don't listen to Terry Riders attempt to make me look like a a twat :sweatingbullets: Ive been doing all-nighters on and off since late 1972 and despite loads of oldies telling me to watch the gear intake way back then no one told me to watch me lugholes

Go get em checked now.

PD

Paul did have my eyes and ears tested which is ok, i dont wear glasses but i do wear ear plugs at all nighters as well as soul nights and weekenders at 57 i dont think thats not to bad, Billy.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

sorry paul.........what do you look/act like that you're blaming on me?.........ear plugs?.......well you'll need em when paul plays out.....which generally is the only time he goes out..........the oldies are the best

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Swimming ear plugs are pretty good, cheap and reusable. I need them when i swim because other-wise my ears fill with water for weeks, horrible. They'd be good for nighters though.

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Audiologist

Presume you don't live in the UK Kris. Can't usually get earplugs via NHS Audiology here, though could always ring the Audiology department of local general hospital and ask. They have long waiting lists though and would need GP referral.

I got some free when my job required me to accompany someone for a hearing aid/mould fitting. They didn't fully understand the process and were very anxious, so the audio technician 'demonstrated' on me. I still use them for swimming ten years later. As well as keeping water out, they also block out the sound of Capital Radio, which London leisure centres like to torture their punters with. Result!

I've not used them at nighters, because they block too much. And more importantly, they're bright blue, which doesn't always go with my outfit.

Swimming ear plugs are pretty good, cheap and reusable. I need them when i swim because other-wise my ears fill with water for weeks, horrible. They'd be good for nighters though.

Swim plugs are good, or you can buy earplugs from the RNID online shop. Info in my previous post.

Social source share

I wear hearing aids . Im 100% deaf in one ear and my other isnt too good (genetic probably). I went for a hearing test a few weeks ago and im losing high frequency too but i think thats more to do with age same as you mace . My hearing aids are cross aids . One is a transmitter and other is a reciever and they do help with clarity . If anyone tries them DONT put the transmitter one right next to the reciever one while your wearing it . Like i did with my new ones ,durr. The feedback is horrendous and er deafening lol . Im a right dope sometimes ! :-)

Social source share

Presume you don't live in the UK Kris. Can't usually get earplugs via NHS Audiology here, though could always ring the Audiology department of local general hospital and ask. They have long waiting lists though and would need GP referral.

yes sorry, not in the UK. But I did get a GP referral for them after my ear went fuzzy after a night beside a particularly badly placed monitor speak at a gig. Luckily no permanent damage but I learnt my lesson.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert