45cellar

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

uk stock.....................................................................new zealand

IMG_2971.jpgIMG_2976.jpg

styrene stocks

IMG_2972.jpgIMG_2978.jpg

...................................................................................nz again

IMG_2973.jpgIMG_2980.jpg

white label vinyl.......................................................purple label styrene (needs an upgrade)

IMG_2974.jpgIMG_2975.jpg

pic sleeve holds stock styrene disk....................comeback trail, I also had "Ain't No Soul" on Contempo but didn't like it

IMG_2977.jpgIMG_2979.jpg

This is probably the most popular comp, I seem to have it twice even lol

edsel124.jpg

Edited by Kris Holmes
Social source share

Just so many great records by this guy and err Curtis

TOO RIGHT Tony! Is there a Northern collection out there without a Major Lance 45/LP in it?!

'Delilah' really is the bees knees...the piano work is spine-chillingly fab...those tinkling ivories appear again on the slower 'You belong to me my love' found on the flipside of 'Come See'.

Five of his Okeh 45's escaped in Japan on Columbia back in the day and later still two of the Playboy label discs. Sadly, and quite surprisingly, no other Okeh label output emerged over here...criminal!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

this is a nice one, an issue on Epic "you don't want me no more" .......................ho yes i do & allways will!

post-4570-0-08777600-1289858572_thumb.jp

post-4570-0-08777600-1289858572_thumb.jp

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

this is a nice one, an issue on Epic "you don't want me no more" .......................ho yes i do & allways will!

Nice :lol:

I always dreamt that it may have come out in Japan, but alas the release files say no. However, I did find an Okeh demo over here which is ink-stamped in Japanese stating that it was 'not for sale' and a 'promo'...maybe it was once under consideration for a J-release and this was the sample file copy...that's what I'll keep telling myself any how!

:lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert