Do You Have A Signature "last Song" Of The Night?

Ljblanken

so, you know in the movie Blues Brothers where - at the end of the Bob's Country Bunker scene - john belushi says "you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!"? i love that winding-down feel. i know at certain venues they had a standard "last song(s)" to usher the night out (parrish, legend, radcliffe), but what do you do?

i have been trying to find the right song that lyrically and musically finishes everything up. three that i have been bouncing around in the last few years are:

butterflys - good night baby

inez foxx - the time

irma thomas - time is on my side

any suggestions?

Social source share

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

so, you know in the movie Blues Brothers where - at the end of the Bob's Country Bunker scene - john belushi says "you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!"? i love that winding-down feel. i know at certain venues they had a standard "last song(s)" to usher the night out (parrish, legend, radcliffe), but what do you do?

i have been trying to find the right song that lyrically and musically finishes everything up. three that i have been bouncing around in the last few years are:

inez foxx - the time

any suggestions?

I was thinking exactly the same earlier, whilst in the car, listening to:

Derek Martin - You Better Go

Social source share

that is a great choice! nice vibe...

ps - are you the person with the pink "soul girl" website? if so, i got turned on to LOTS of tunes through your site! thanks!

Yes, and thank you.. you're more than welcome :thumbsup:

Social source share

inez foxx - the time

any suggestions?

Play "gotta new life" from the classic "Nuyorican Soul" LP by the "Masters at Work"

If there is any one left at your soul night after 10 mins of this one you know who you are going to be smoking with ! biggrin.gif

the taxi is waiting outside, you have money in your pocket, and there was no need for an ender record after all !

Social source share

Guest rosies dad

i did a radio show for little while and I ended every episode with Gene Chandler "I hate to be the one to say". (it's all over, for us it's all over....)

jacob

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

The lovely Jo Wallace always used to play the Dells Make Sure at the end of her set :rolleyes:

Jo has great taste and... This is by far and way my favourite last track....

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

thats the trouble............who wants to go home on some dreary downbeat record regardless of how good it may or may not be........send em homw on a high...........keith kurtis,the ravins,buddy lamp.....something to put a smile on ya face.........not something to make ya wanna get the rope or razor out

Social source share

thats the trouble............who wants to go home on some dreary downbeat record regardless of how good it may or may not be........send em homw on a high...........keith kurtis,the ravins,buddy lamp.....something to put a smile on ya face.........not something to make ya wanna get the rope or razor out

To many it is a high Peggy... It can be the highlight of a set sometimes...

Many fond memories of great ballad enders from over the years...

We know you keep on about your pounding uptempo :rolleyes: , also those that like a good WRIST SLASHER thrown in :D

I have a few tracks that end sets, depends on the venue/ crowd and music policy..

I think its about finding your own signature really, something that means so much to you and gets the required reaction from the crowd too...

3 from me...

William Hunt................................... "Would you believe"

Ritchie Havens..................................." I can't make it anymore"

Baby Washington................................" It will never be over for me "

Social source share

SteveL used to end with "Hurt so bad" - Little Anthony, when on at the end at the Attic.

Slow enders from me...

Flairs - Where you live.

Tommy Tate - I'm taking on pain.

Lonliness - Jerry Butler

Aware of love - Jerry Butler.,,amongst loads of others.

Social source share

Guest Goldwax

I love as an ender,,, Jimmy Ricks -- Oh What a Feelin - Festival :lol:

Total Class !:rolleyes:

Great choice. Wound up many a night at the legendary Dome thanks to Irish Greg. :D

Social source share

i used to play ..GLADYS KNIGHT .".ITS TIME TO GO NOW " 68/70

but how about .......BOBBY WOMACK..." DAYLIGHT " .......listen to the words..

or ARETHA FRANKLIN....".YOU MADE ME LOVE YOU " ....for a hand clapping beat-ballad finish:thumbup:

remember DONT....K.T.F.....SPREAD IT AROUND :rolleyes:

Edited by SCOOBY
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

To many it is a high Peggy... It can be the highlight of a set sometimes...

Many fond memories of great ballad enders from over the years...

We know you keep on about your pounding uptempo :D , also those that like a good WRIST SLASHER thrown in :lol:

I have a few tracks that end sets, depends on the venue/ crowd and music policy..

I think its about finding your own signature really, something that means so much to you and gets the required reaction from the crowd too...

3 from me...

Ritchie Havens..................................." I can't make it anymore"

Baby Washington................................" It will never be over for me "

hello steve.........only uptempo at a certain time of the night (thats all :rolleyes: ) rest of the night play what they like,but to me any many others even those that don,t realise it......if you end on the up the feeling is much better,.............if we have to have a slowy at the end................how about david thomas on prime or buddy smith on brute

Social source share

Oooo tingling as I type, I had to play that as soon as I read it...defo one of my fav enders, or a good old sing along if you're at Hellfire or similar session...:rolleyes:

Sex Pistols - Frigging in the rigging

needless to say since then no one has ever trusted me to finish a night off :lol:

Noted...no ending spot for Bearsy...:D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert