Persil Add

• Replies 28
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No its not Be young be foolish , its something else. I heard it when I was doing my ebay wrapping in the garage and heard it on the telly in the back room. I went in just as it was finishing but its almost certainally Northern soul.Dawn heard it and reckons its The Four tops but its not them.

Social source share

Persil are definitely using be Young Be Foolish Be happy for their Girl next Door and Life is a mess ads but there is another ad with a Northern/Motown sounding instrumental theme. It's being shown on the Scottish Region. What is the product?

It does sound like a made up track.

Social source share

Guest stevemcmahon

..was just on and is for 'Persil freshness + comfort'. Deffo sounds like Mr you-know-who has his drum rolls out again.. :lol:

Social source share

but there is another ad with a Northern/Motown sounding instrumental theme. It's being shown on the Scottish Region. What is the product?

It does sound like a made up track.

link

:lol: Typical just like Margret Thatcher with the Pool Tax Eh , Test it on The Scot's First , If they like it anyone will :lol:

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

No its too good for them to be singing it....  :lol:   its a proper oldies one....

link

Every time the ad comes on I am instantly hooked by the drum roll. It certainly sounds like the Funk Brothers; at the very least it's a sample, or they were moonlighting again! Don't recognise the voice, it's not one of the major vocalists.

In feel it's like Frank Wilson stuff, and may be call "We've Got Good Thing".

I've e-mailed Persil, awaiting a reply

Social source share

Every time the ad comes on I am instantly hooked by the drum roll. It certainly sounds like the Funk Brothers; at the very least it's a sample, or they were moonlighting again! Don't recognise the voice, it's not one of the major vocalists.

In feel it's like Frank Wilson stuff, and may be call "We've Got  Good Thing".

I've e-mailed Persil, awaiting a reply

link

Persil have replied: Thank you for your e-mail.

The music you refer to was composed especially for the new Persil advert. It is untitled and not available on general release.

Thank you for contacting us.

If it's modern I'm sure they've done some sampling.

Social source share

The music you refer to was composed especially for the new Persil advert.  It is untitled and not available on general release.

link

Its very good and is doing me head in... but then saying that we only get to hear bout 30 secs worth.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

The music you refer to was composed especially for the new Persil advert. It is untitled and not available on general release.

link

/quote]

Can you give me the persil contact details, if I can find out the composer I maybe able to get hold of a sound sample.

TTM

Social source share

Guest rachel

Every time the ad comes on I am instantly hooked by the drum roll.

link

Just got round to listening to the clip after hearing lots of people going on about it (rarely watch TV so hadn't seen it). The drum roll is probably the best thing about it. :graynone:

Social source share

Guest Kitchengroove

"The drum roll is probably the best thing about it".

It sounds like the opening drum roll to Jnr.Walkers Road runner. Should Benny Benjamin's estate claim royalties?

The rest of it is a re-creation better than Levine standard (probably had a bigger budget). The baritone sax burps sound digital.

It's a shame it's not longer, we need a lyrical love song about soap powder. In it's favor it's got more lyrics than yer average weekly No.1 pop dance track

Social source share

whistling.gif

sounds like one of those records you used to pick up for £1 at nighters at the beginning of the 80's, (JJ BARNESish),is it called "we had a good time?"

Social source share

Could the singer of this tune (re;persil ad) be Ronnie Walker? : :thumbsup:

link

The singer HAS to be Steve Brookstein. The way he sings the high notes, that 'back of the throat' ( :thumbsup: ) intonation...tune's got Frank Wilson and 'My Girl' rolled up in there somewhere...

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but it sure as hell sounds like Mr X Factor to me...

Social source share

maybe this has been said before, but a few months ago there was a thread on carms's r&b site about some geezer recreating the motown sound for ad jingle purposes. the geezer actually uploaded samples of stuff he was working on for people to comment on. sound familiar to anyone?

macca

Social source share

THE adverts only on for 30 secs at most

who is it and what is it

Doug

SKEGGY LIBRARY

SAT AUG 6TH

link

I to have racked my brains trying to put a name to the voices singing this Persil tune. In the film, The Five Heartbeats, Think about the rival group 'Bird and the Midnight Falcons' It sure sounds like them to me. The guy on lead vocals for the film was Michael Baker. Does anybody agree?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert