The Tempest

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

all the above pics look great and it certainly is worth the debate.....i would have thought a uk white polydor demo of personally fits the bill of rarest outside of say, foriegn copies e.g. what mr. flynn has posted

did this come out on white demo in the uk. i know polydor issued white demo`s in 1966 but after that i thought they were sample /sticker on a regular shop copy. if it did i`d love to see it. white label test pressing maybe...........

dave

Social source share

Is it my eyes or does the bottom label (from popsike) which Roger has posted show the number as C- 296 - B, whereas the others show C -396 -B? Any reason for this? :yes:

Well spotted Mate, I struggled to find a Stock Copy Scan for the East Coast Version, They're nearly all DEMOs.

Not sure of reason why 296, wonder if that's the reason I can't find many scans,

the other Stock Copy on PopSike looks like it has the same number.

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Not forgetting his--"Let me show you the way" -on Tetragrammetton(?) which seems to sell for anywhere between £20 and £100 --depending on who.s list does,nt it Harry??

T.C

Social source share

So, own up, who got the acetate of the instrumental to, 'I walked away'...was a Manship auction piece the other year.

:huh:

Oh, I can anwser that one!! It was johnny "redpants" warren. He got a load of test pressing stuff, letters, etc all relating to Bobby Paris from the states about two years ago. I believe it came via Bobby's ex missus, I think she just wanted to clear the stuff out. Anyway, he has a few different versions of the said track and other stuff and some great printed material relating to the pressings

Great Soul history.........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert