Unknown Modern Gem ... Any Info?

Mattfox

I don't know how rare it is, I based my comments on what the first post said and that those who had seen it haven't said it is common as muck. I don't know why it's covered, maybe it is rare.

I still say the only reason it is being talked about is because it is allegedly rare and covered up, if it was a tenner disco record it wouldn't get a mention no matter how good it is.

I totally agree.

There are loads of known £10 records a million times better than this, which is exactly what you said in your post.

If it really is one of the hardest to find modern tunes of all time as hinted in the first post why on earth cover it up?

Surely the mark of a truly rare record is when it is known but still hard to find.

Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sounds ok to me. I like it but I do like these soulful disco sounds.

Hopefully be able to find out what it is at some point and as I am now relocated back to MCR might even get to hear it out.

Cheers

Phil

hi phil glad to hear you are back in the land of the living get down to the Greatstone in Dec we have Dave and Jordi Ripolles guesting for us.

mark

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

hi y'all,

possibly the hardest record to get hold of and even find any information about...I guess there's only one known acetate! Am I right? Or is it a lp only cut and someone spinned a dubplate? or a 45 cover up? any info???

or do ya know who used to spin this acetate or c/u back in the 80s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBVS5tl4jiI

Enjoy this unknown track hidden away for over 30 years...and your help is really appreciated!!!

cheers, m.

Where did You get the soundclip of that track? Why 'too darn soulful' won't tell the name? Did You PM him? I understood that he ha the track....?! I love this tune!!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

On Soulstrut forum someome said this:

----------------------------------------------

parallax

Posted: 30 November 2010 05:51 AM

Linda Spratt - "Stay and Dance"

Kindly,

parallax

-------------------------------

I don't know if it's the real name....maybe it is....!?

Edited by exte82
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert